shape
carat
color
clarity

question about trellis setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

umgoblue2003

Rough_Rock
hello :)

We''re still working on my ring... I''m trying to decide how I want the three stones to be set...
I really like the way that a trellis setting looks from the side; but, the thing I dont like is how low the center stone is set... is it possible to have the center stone set higher?

if so, does anyone have pics to share?

thanks!
1.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/19/2007 2:44:32 PM
Author:umgoblue2003
hello :)

We''re still working on my ring... I''m trying to decide how I want the three stones to be set...
I really like the way that a trellis setting looks from the side; but, the thing I dont like is how low the center stone is set... is it possible to have the center stone set higher?

if so, does anyone have pics to share?

thanks!
1.gif
I''ve seen them both ways when I''ve done searches on "trellis" here... there''s another name for it as well that I cannot recall. The higher ones seem to necessitate a side bar where as the lower ones I''ve seen them with wonderful naked side views of the stones. Just do a search on trellis and.... maybe someone else can pipe in with the other term used for those.... its on the tip of my tongue....

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
known also as x-prong setting or truffle setting.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/19/2007 3:34:27 PM
Author: Pyramid
known also as x-prong setting or truffle setting.
TRUFFLE!! that''s the word I was thinking of!!!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve seen the setting where the center can sit up higher. If you''re going custom you can just make sure they know you want the center higher and the sides more like accents rather than a 3 stone anniversary type ring where the stones are set more even.

noobie had Quest make a trellis setting ring for his wife but they actually wanted the center set lower as to not look like an e-ring, so they had Quest redo it. we never saw the before pics but I''m sure it was beautiful.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, you can specify how low or high you want the stones set. However, this might mean that your ring would be a custom job rather than a stock setting. Knox jewelers.biz also has a beautiful trellis setting that is quite reasonable.

umgoblue2003

Rough_Rock
Thanks!! I think that''s what we are going to do then :) Since the center stone is 1 ct and the sides are 0.2 ct each, I think it''ll look better to have the sidestones set lower.

1.gif

umgoblue2003

Rough_Rock
i took a look at the knox jeweler''s site... but I coudlnt find what you were mentioning...

if anyone has any pics that''d be fabulous :)

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Whiteflash is making me a trellis three stone ring (picture attached of a WF three stone x-prong/trellis/truffle) with my 1.06 princess center and each side a .25 princess. I''ve altered the ring somewhat from the original design (changing the "shoulders" of the setting), but WF (specifically Bob) have been great to work with!

3StnTrls.jpg

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m having WF make my engagement ring, and the design was inspired by the "Leah" (page 7 of the "recent custom work" option) on Knox''s website. We''re having our ring made with all diamonds, not the sapphires on the sides as shown. I just posted pictures of the wax and I''ve posted other threads as well that has links to the picture of the ring from Knox. Sorry, I don''t have time to provide the link, but if you a search under my name you should be able to find it. The only other difference is that we''re having the center stone sit lower than the one shown on Knox''s site.

Don''t you just love trellis settings?
1.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2007 6:38:05 AM
Author: kcoursolle

Date: 4/19/2007 6:27:29 PM
Author: umgoblue2003
i took a look at the knox jeweler''s site... but I coudlnt find what you were mentioning...

if anyone has any pics that''d be fabulous :)
Here''s one:
http://www.knoxjewelers.biz/index.htm?crn=202&rn=740&action=show_detail

If you get custom you could change the center shape, size, height, and carat weight.
Here''s a princess one, but it doesn''t have the cool contour shank.
http://www.knoxjewelers.biz/index.htm?crn=202&rn=352&action=show_detail

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results