shape
carat
color
clarity

Question about Tiffany''s "Diamonds by the Yard"

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

love rocks

Rough_Rock
I''m thinking about getting the Tiffany''s "Diamonds by the Yard" necklace (on their website, about $800).

My question is this: the diamond pendant is .15 carats. Does anyone know what the diameter of a stone that size would be? is that size ridiculously small for a pendant? It looks big in the picture, but...

Thanks, all help is appreciated!
wavey.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Hi. I have a "diamond by the inch" necklace (below) my husband had made for me by my jeweler with 13 point stones and I think it's a great size. The Tiffany style was my inspiration (and source of major hint dropping). necklace is 18-in.
1.gif

inchentire2.jpg

love rocks

Rough_Rock
Thanks! That's a great reference! (you never know when looking at a vendor site online...sometimes things appear bigger than they actually are)

rodent.gif

kpebbles

Shiny_Rock
I have that necklace! My boyfriend got it for me for my birthday when we started dating..
love.gif
i love it as it's the first article of jewelry my boyfriend has bought for me
1.gif

It's very delicate.. the diamond is really small. you should see it for yourself in person to decide if you like it or not. the problem that i have with it is that the diamond pendant part always creeps to the back of my neck..so it looks like i'm just wearing a platinum chain.

but yes, it is really small- you should try it on for yourself to see if you like that look.
1.gif
if it didn't rotate to the back of my neck everytime i wore it, i'd probably wear it more.

on a sidenote, doese anyone know if there's anyway to make the chain so that the pendant part didn't rotate around??

I do LOVE the look of your diamonds by the inch necklace, jennifer! i was going to purchase one similar to that..but couldn't decide on the size of the stones!

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, kpebbles!
1.gif

All of these necklaces- the inch, yard, etc- are so awesome...I think this type of style is so flattering and perfect with almost anything.
1.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a small pendant, but a very wearable piece of jewelry. The "by the yard style" has been done for a long time - it definitely is not Tiffany's invention, and even at Tiffany it had many interpretations - like THIS

A 15 point diamond would be about 3.4mm - making a glittering drop on a chain
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
part of what makes the diamond move is how it lays I believe..but i also think the length of the chain has something to do with it. mine is 18 inches and it hardly ever moves (okay during kickboxing but i guess it's allowed to then!). i would hate it if it always crept over, i see that alot on people with shorter chains!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Jennifer, you bizatch...what the hell? It's official...I hate you!
9.gif

And love rocks...are you saying that the tcw of the stones is .15? Or is it one stone? Or each stone?

love rocks

Rough_Rock
It's actually one diamond in a pendant form - it's on the Tiffany website - I was just curious as to how big or small a .15 carat diamond would be --- you know sometimes things look deceivingly big (or small) on the net, so I wanted some opinions!

Thanks, everyone, btw, for your replies!!! THanks Valeria, the mm measurement is good to know!
1.gif

chialea

Brilliant_Rock
I have one of those "diamonds-by-the-inch" style necklaces (my mom had a whole lot of little stones from different family jewlery, and this was a convenient way to attach m together). I don't know if anyone else has had this issue, but I find that the cutlets tend to scratch and poke me, so it's not a comfortable necklace to wear very often...

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a .15 diamond that i thought of putting into a pendant, but looking at it now after getting a larger .38 set into the tiffany by the yard style necklace, the little diamond wouldn't have carried enough umph on it's own for ANY sort of pendant (unless it's like the one Jennifer posted w/diamonds all the way around). I'm very petite and even with this in mind, a .15 is TOO small, IMO. Plus the price on the tiffany branding is high.

Are you looking at the yellow gold necklace? You should be able to find a good .30 h-I color, SI clarity, H&A stone and have enough money left to set it in a gold tiffany style pendant with a THIN bezel for what you'd pay for the cmaller Tiffany necklace. Both Jennifer and I have had loose diamonds made into the Tiffany style *single diamond* necklace and hers is a .5 carat and looks gorgeous
1.gif

Michelle

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Jennifer5973~
You must have an AMAZING collection of jewelry! I LOVE your collection of bands, and your necklace is stunning!!! I'm green with envy!
21.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
researcher, that is such a lovely compliment...
16.gif
I am just so excited to have found a place where I can share my stuff and admire other people's (and learn so I can improve upon future endeavors!
3.gif
). I admit, I love to collect jewelry!

Thanks again for your nice words!
1.gif

researcher

Ideal_Rock
You're very welcome! So what else haven't you shared with us?
2.gif

Any tips for choosing a 5-stone princess cut wedding band? I'm considering .25 cts/stone, but haven't decided for sure (if I get smaller stones I'll make it a 7-stone ring).

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Oh boy...I don't want to hijack this thread. Check out my posts on the ring below:

http://www.pricescope.com/forum/topic15692.html

These are 55 - 60 pointers, 5 stone princess band.
1.gif

5princessclosebest.jpg

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Thanks! Sorry, Love Rocks! It's back to you!!!

love rocks

Rough_Rock
No Problem!

Thanks for all the help, guys!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results