shape
carat
color
clarity

Question about soldering rings..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
So I was wondering...if you solder your e-ring and wedding ring together, is it possible to get them separated later in the future? I was hoping to pass the e-ring on in the family so just want to make sure I''ll be able to do that before I have them attached. That or pass the diamond on but if they can''t be separated it would probably look pretty funny to have the wedding band and e-ring setting with no diamond lol! Also our jeweler offered to solder them for free and have them engraved so I was hoping to have the wedding date put on the inside, that is what dh has on the inside of his as well
1.gif

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
I asked my jeweler the same question, and he said that it can be done but not easily.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
hmmm....ok thanks for letting me know :) I''ll have to give this a little more thought I think!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/28/2010 12:03:00 PM
Author: Sparkly Blonde
I asked my jeweler the same question, and he said that it can be done but not easily.

Ditto this. It can be done, especially if your band is fairly plain. It''s harder with eternities.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
here's a picture to give you an idea of what I am looking at.... sorry it's not too close up, best i got right now
14 small diamonds on w-band and it has that curve so i think it would only be soldered on the bottom of the rings since they do not sit plush against each other

smurfysrings.jpg

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Rings can be seperated.Its a common request.But the ingraving cant be saved if its in the middle of the ring and added after the souldering is completed.Let the jeweler know of your future plans so they can give you options about where the engraving must go ect. so it can possibly be saved in the future.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
my original wedding set was soldered together. Both bands were plain. I wore it that way for 5 years and then got an eternity band and needed to have them un-soldered. It was super easy and only cost around $20 and my rings looked good as new when I got them back. I wouldn''t soldered 3 sided pave but if the sides of your rings are smooth metal than it should be easy to undo.

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Maybe I am ghetto like this, but I just cut the adhesive part of a bandaid off and wrapped it around the bottom of my 2 rings. Its thin enough I dont even feel it, doesnt come off when wet, extreamly cheap, noone knows its there, and if I want to seperate the rings I just slice it off :0D.

My engagement ring has pave down the sides of the shank, and baggets on the middle of the shank with miligraining all over it. And my wedding ring has pave diamonds with milligraining. I didnt want to sauder then because I didnt want the miligraining messed up.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Looking at my rings, the only other issue I can think of is the setting on the e-ring...here''s a side view..
would those leaves be ruined? Other than that, it seems like it would be ok, the rings are smooth and round, they are more like straight and smooth but i don''t foresee that really being a problem...

smurfyssideview.jpg

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/28/2010 12:26:46 PM
Author: RockHugger
Maybe I am ghetto like this, but I just cut the adhesive part of a bandaid off and wrapped it around the bottom of my 2 rings. Its thin enough I dont even feel it, doesnt come off when wet, extreamly cheap, noone knows its there, and if I want to seperate the rings I just slice it off :0D.

My engagement ring has pave down the sides of the shank, and baggets on the middle of the shank with miligraining all over it. And my wedding ring has pave diamonds with milligraining. I didnt want to sauder then because I didnt want the miligraining messed up.

Lol that''s actually not a bad idea :)

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/28/2010 12:30:22 PM
Author: Smurfyimproved
Looking at my rings, the only other issue I can think of is the setting on the e-ring...here''s a side view..

would those leaves be ruined? Other than that, it seems like it would be ok, the rings are smooth and round, they are more like straight and smooth but i don''t foresee that really being a problem...

They solder at the bottom (the side facing your palm), so no.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/28/2010 12:41:59 PM
Author: MonkeyPie
Date: 1/28/2010 12:30:22 PM

Author: Smurfyimproved

They solder at the bottom (the side facing your palm), so no.

Oh I didn''t know that! I guess you learn something new everyday
35.gif
Thanks monkeypie!!!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/28/2010 12:26:46 PM
Author: RockHugger

TG/RH you changed your name!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My three ring wedding set is tacked with solder, not completely sealed all the way around, and they have been taken apart to have all three rings resized (after menopause). You''d never know anything was ever done to mine. I think it all depends on the jeweler and his years of experience.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results