shape
carat
color
clarity

question about proportions

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, looking for some comments on the proportions of this small diamond, .60ct. I know it doesn't meet all PS recommendations, so I'm wondering what the drawbacks might be. Thanking you all in advance for your assistance.

Screenshot 2021-01-16 125933.jpg

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
smaller face up size but could be awesome.
Would need images preferably reflector images(is/Aset)

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @Karl_K. No Aset or IS available but here is the JA link. I am looking for a stone with this diameter to pair with something else and I do want the faint brown tint as opposed to yellow. My concern was some of the angles.

Here is the cert and I know it says cloud as the grade setting inclusion but I didn't think that would be too big of a deal for a vvs2.

cert.jpeg

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
vvs2 cloud is not an issue.
The stones looks kewl to me in the video.
Technicaly longer lowers(smaller arrows) might be better but I think it rocks as it is.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much @Karl_K. I think I like the fat arrows!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I personally like the color, and the fat arrows are unique and interesting. Obviously it'll face up a bit smaller than stones of a similar ct weight that are less deep, but I think if you have a specific project in mind and need a specific mm diameter AND are looking for a brown stone (vs yellow) it's a nice choice

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it...I can only comment on aesthetics...My favorite undertone is brown as opposed to yellow. Gorgeous diamond.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Love that small table and high crown!

AJ37

Rough_Rock
I chose a diamond with similar dimensions bc it reminds me more of antique diamonds to have the high crown and smaller table, and I love the dispersion you get. I bet it will be beautiful in person, and if not, JA has a great return policy. Good luck with it!

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I chose a diamond with similar dimensions bc it reminds me more of antique diamonds to have the high crown and smaller table, and I love the dispersion you get. I bet it will be beautiful in person, and if not, JA has a great return policy. Good luck with it!

Thank you, yes, I was looking for something that looked a bit more like an older cut. I first looked for OECs but didn't find one with the right width dimensions within the budget I had given myself. I saw this stone and thought it would work as I'm pairing it with a light brown Ascher (not antique) in something like this. Not sure yet if I will use yellow or rose gold for the setting. When I get the new stone and see it with the Ascher I think it will be easier to decide on that.
two color stone.JPG

AJ37

Rough_Rock
Oh that will be sooo pretty! Definitely post on this thread when it’s done.

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
It is a pretty stone and it being an L color, it could be a good deal. And I actually like the color quite a bit (even though I don't always like warm colors). It would also look beautiful in a rose gold.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all. I've purchased the stone. I probably won't have the ring made until after the Valentine's Day rush but once made, I will post it here as an update.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Lookinagain, I'm so excited by your plans. What color is the Asscher?
I have an Asscher already and a radiant coming, around the same size as your stones. If you get a chance, please post a photo of the two loose diamonds and what your thoughts are for them.
Again, I love the L you're buying. Just a beautiful tint.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
That is so beautiful! Definitely brown but not dark at all and with a slight rosiness. The color is TDF! Can't wait to see what you do.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just to close the loop on this, I got photos of the finished ring last night from DK. I went back and forth on metal choice and ended up doing this, which I think I will really like. I should have it sometime next week.

IMG_3655.jpg

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow - that’s breathtaking! Congrats!!!

RockFox

Shiny_Rock
That is so pretty! May it bring you tons of joy.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
wowwwww it's absolutely beautiful!

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Do you have a ring, or what?!! LOVE this with the brown Asscher and the white round, I want one like this. And you can wear it in either direction. Hand shots, please!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Hand shots, hand shots when you get it!

headlight

Ideal_Rock
LOVE!!!!!!

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
I have fallen in love with the toi et moi style since joining Pricescope, and yours joins the list of my favs!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results