shape
carat
color
clarity

question about my kitty :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Ok, so the little booger is 7 months old and going through his teenager phase. This isn''t something that''s a problem but I''m just kind of curious about and couldn''t find any info on the web. Whenever we go into the bathroom, pepper will sit in front of the door and start knocking on it with his paw lol. This wouldn''t be so bad but sometimes he does it when nobody is in there in the middle of the night and during the day too when the door is closed. Anyone else''s cat do this? What the heck is going through that little kitty brain of his lol

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
by the way, i posted this here because i consider pepper to be one of our kids :)
here''s a picture of me and him! haha he doesn''t like my kisses but that''s ok :) i give them to him anyways!

n163900928_32458131_8091.jpg

MishB

Brilliant_Rock
It''s just one of those cat things I think. Our older cat will literally try to bash a door down if he wants to get to the other side or if you shut him out of a room. Our smaller cat will sit staring into space or at a spot on the wall for what seems like hours. Both of them are fascinated by one cupboard, they will sit on the floor in front of it for an eternity staring at the door, when there is nothing inside that should interest them. Cats.... who knows what they are thinking.

And I''ve got news for you, it''s probably not just a phase!!
31.gif

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
ahhh it must be a phase! lol
oh well, just preparation for babies crying at night :)

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Manolo does that all the time as well-he just wants to go in and explore and I think he thinks someone is hiding in there.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Our cat HATES closed doors, I think he''s convinced that whatever is on the other side is much more interesting than what''s on his side. He gets really upset when I''m in the bathroom, too, and if the door doesn''t latch properly he''ll always manage to open it. Sometimes when I''m in the shower, I''ll look down and see his little kitty face smooshed against the shower door -- but he''s never actually tried to come in there! Cats are such weird creatures.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
hahah pepper gets brave enough that he''ll walk between the curtain and liner when i''m in the shower
i''m just waiting for the day when he accidentally falls in lol

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/18/2009 1:36:18 PM
Author: Smurfysmiles
hahah pepper gets brave enough that he''ll walk between the curtain and liner when i''m in the shower

Charlie does the same thing! He also bangs on doors sometimes but mostly when hes behind them and wants out. As soon as we are done with the shower he waits until our backs are turned and hops into the tub to lick the water. He is a long haired cat so his paws gets so saturated with water so he plods around leaving wet paw prints on our wood floors when hes done licking. He is also 7 months old.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I know nothing about cats, but my friend''s dog is similar: she hates any closed doors. She''ll sit staring at a closet for an hour and will usually try to paw her way in. If you let her in to explore she''ll be back out in 15 seconds, but as soon as you close the door again she''ll start staring at it again and want to go in. Animals are so weird
20.gif
haha

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our fraidy cat won''t actually open the door, heaven forbid it move and frighten her, but she insists on meowing at closed doors. Cats are so much fun! I''d love to know what they think. Ours also still plays in her litter box. I was hoping that was a phase.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
haha sometimes fi says pepper gets it from me
hahaha whatever

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
Bootsie does the knocking thing too...she loves to knock on the door that has the mirror on it...I think she thinks there is another kitty in there but I know what you mean!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Our current kitties don''t do this, but one of my childhood cats (Duke) used to run full speed and then body slam closed doors. I''m taking body flying through the air, hitting the door full force with his side. He did not like being on the other side of a closed door. It was amusing, but I always worried that he was going to damage his brain.

I think it''s just one of those idiosyncrasies that makes kitties so darn interesting.

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
atleast he hasnt learned how to open doors.. my little baby enzo learned how to open the door to the closet... we were getting freaked out because we couldnt figure out how it kept getting opened.. then i finally saw him do it and was like you little bugger... lol Enzo also likes to go into the bathroom with us for some reason.. he likes to lay in there alot too.. he gets in the tub (i know weird cat) and on the tile.. i think because its cold?!?

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
My house has pocket doors, and I have to sleep with my door slightly open so that my kitty can get in. If not she will paw at the door ALL night.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Ditto. Both of our cats are curious if someone is in the bathroom, which I'm always really nervous about when guests are here, because you can see right in the bathroom from the dining room...

Elmo is the worst with closed doors - he paws (with such vigor that it sounds like a windshield wiper blade when there's not enough precipitation on the glass) and whines until he's let in or out. Morty is more indifferent, but I've accidentally closed him in my closets more than once. He sneaks in and hides and doesn't whine until 10 minutes or more have passed, which means sometimes I've even left the house. Morty was once stuck in a coat closet for an entire weekend (we'd said goodbye to them and then I ran back in for a ball cap and then ran out to the car), so we now count the cats every time we go out the door.

BTW - Pepper could be Morty's twin!! He gives me that look all the time. :)

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/18/2009 3:54:53 PM
Author: Clairitek

Charlie does the same thing! He also bangs on doors sometimes but mostly when hes behind them and wants out. As soon as we are done with the shower he waits until our backs are turned and hops into the tub to lick the water. He is a long haired cat so his paws gets so saturated with water so he plods around leaving wet paw prints on our wood floors when hes done licking. He is also 7 months old.

I thought my cat was the only one!! She loves walking between the curtain and liner when I''m showering, and as soon as I''m done she licks the tub water, I thought she was just a little wacky

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Here''s Morty saying a big HI to Pepper :)

elmortonsmorton.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/19/2009 4:23:21 PM
Author: purselover
Date: 1/18/2009 3:54:53 PM

Author: Clairitek

I thought my cat was the only one!! She loves walking between the curtain and liner when I''m showering, and as soon as I''m done she licks the tub water, I thought she was just a little wacky

LOL! BOTH of our cats did this, and yes, BOTH finally fell in...DH and I were talking about how they don''t ever walk along the edge anymore. Apparently, tempting fate only works so long. Morty still sits on the toilet while we shower, though. He''s a little pervy that way, I think.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
AS the others said, totally normal. Cats are very idiosyncratic - each one has a unique personality with associated quirks, one of the things that I think is so delightful about them.

Pepper sounds like a normal, healthy, 7-month old kitty - the crazies will probably last until he''s 12-18 months old and then he should start to mellow out a bit more
1.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kitties are weird! I have no advice for you, Smurfy, but I wanted to let you know that Pepper''s adorable! Our cats, one in particular, follows me into the bathroom all the time. He paces on the tub while the shower is in use, and he also howls like crazy in the bathroom at random times of day. We think that he likes to hear himself talk and he likes the accoustics of the bathroom.
9.gif

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Kittens get unruly when they become teenagers. I had one that started attacking the walls when he''d see shadows
20.gif
. He would literally jump up at the wall and run half way up it until gravity would take effect
9.gif

Fortunately that stage passed.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results