shape
carat
color
clarity

Question about marriage license

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
I am just looking for a clarification :) Me and fi live in colorado but we are holding the wedding and ceremony in north dakota. Do I get the license from colorado or north dakota? I don''t wanna show up with the wrong one!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I believe it''s the city you get married in.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
ok great thanks! Good thing we will be going a couple days before the wedding to get that done :)

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Smurfy, here is a link from the Cass County gov''t website -- I don''t know if this is where you''ll be getting married, but it looks like the info it gives is standard for the state. If in doubt, call the county clerk of the county you''ll be getting married in and they can tell you exactly what they require.

http://www.casscountynd.gov/Departments/Treasurer/marriage.htm

lovesparklies

Shiny_Rock
Make sure you read through all the rules for Cass County because sometimes there is a waiting period between when you apply for the license and when you can actually get married. I'll be getting my license right across the river in Clay County and it's valid for up to six months so I'm applying when I go home in March just in case something should happen where I can't get home in time to get it right before the wedding in May.

ETA: OK, so I just clicked on the link Octavia provided and Nodak doesn't have a waiting period and the application is good for 60 days. Very different rules than MN so obviously everyone needs to check out the requirements for their particular area!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Make sure you read your county''s marriage license procedures. Some places there is a "waiting period" before you can use the license to get married. Also there are expirations to a valid license as well.

DearBuddha

Brilliant_Rock
My husband and I lived in San Diego during our engagement/wedding prep/3 post-wedding weeks, but we got married in the Boston area. Our wedding license is from MA.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
great! thanks for the help guys i really appreciate it :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results