shape
carat
color
clarity

question about finding dresses

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
For some reason my fiance, who never cares about ANYTHING girly, has been really specific in what he thinks a wedding dress should look like. It''s weird, but I''m actually a bit pleased that he has taken an interest in a girly detail. I was flipping through a magazine and he stopped me and pointed one out that he really likes. I didn''t notice it right away but after looking closer, I REALLY REALLY like it and want to go try it on. Problem is, the closest location the magazine and the website gave it are still several hours away from me. What are the chances of finding one in a local shop? Are there ever places that carry dresses that aren''t listed in the magazines? I''m not sure how to go about getting to one.

angielea

Shiny_Rock
well, you should tell us what dress is! :)

If its worth it, make a day trip of it. Plus, sometimes not all shops are listed on the makers websites of the shops that sell their dresses, some are new, etc.

My fiance had ideas, too, no pick ups, and not giant and princessy. I ended up with the pronovias Diamante, which may be a little poofy for him, but I love it. :)

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
WOO-HOO!! Nevermind I went to a different website and found two places that are within an hour of my house!!! I''ll post a link to the dress to see what you ladies think. It''s very simple but if you look closer there''s just enough bling on the front of it to satisfy my need for sparkles, and the shape of te dress itself should look pretty nice on me. I''m 5''9" and about 140ish pounds. I''m hoping to be more like 135 and a little more toned by the time I''ll actually wear it
2.gif
My fiance loves the simplicity of it. The only thing I''m not loving is the length of the train. I actually didn''t really want a train at all. Is there a way around that?

Here''s the dress
http://www.essensedesigns.com/dress.php?id=4

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As the previous poster said, not all places list every desginer they carry. So call the stores close to you and ask i they carry your label and the particular dress. Some salons will also be willing to order the dress in for you at no charge (make sure you confirm there wont be a charge before you agree to it!). If all else fails, make a day trip out of it with your mum/girl friends. Good luck!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Ooooh I wanna see yours too! Where might I have a look at it?

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Thanks you guys:)

THIS http://www.essensedesigns.com/dress.php?id=8 is the one I was actually looking at when he pointed out the other one. The picture makes my heart sing, but I do actually think the other one will look better on me anyway. Hopefully I can try on both:)

tlh

Ideal_Rock
OMG that 2nd one is to die for awesome!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
That''s what I thought too! I''m gonna see if I can find both. Realistically though, the first suits my body better.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Ok so this particular designer has like a million that I love. HOW EXCITING!!!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Wow yours is beautiful angielea!

I can''t get that first link to work, or maybe it''s just taking a while.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
I am having my train cut off of my dress. It is outrageously expensive compared to just having it hemmed (which I don''t see how this wouldn''t be the same process
29.gif
) or bustled. But, it certainly is possible.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Thanks katamari. Good to know before I go deciding to do that I guess:) They all seem to have trains.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Thanks:) I got that one. It is really pretty and I love the way the fabric looks, but I really love the subtle "blingyness" of the other one.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Oooh ... Lovely, Kelli! I''m loving the 2nd and 3rd dresses. Glad you found a salon who sells this collection closer to you. I hope that you get to take pics when you go for your visit.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Good thinking sparkalicious! I''ll definitely have to take my camera!

I have an appointment TOMORROW MORNING!!! WOO-HOO!!

And I have one next Friday at a different place. Now I''m really getting excited!!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Woohoo! Have a great time!!
36.gif

I can''t wait to see what you find ... Hopefully you find *the* one on your first try!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results