shape
carat
color
clarity

question about appraisals

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jake88

Rough_Rock
I recently bought a diamond on the internet from USACerteddiamonds.com (by the way, they were great) and had it set locally. Now I am getting the whole thing appraised. My questions is, how do they determin the value of the stone? Do they take into effect the cut as well as the obvious Color and Clearity? Thanks

dimonbob

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hey Jake88,

When you take your ring in to get appraised, give the appraiser any paperwork you may have to help him. If you have a GIA/AGS/EGL certificate, give him that also. He will check the diamond against the certificate to verify it is the same. Yes, he will or should take into account the cut of your diamond. If your diamond is an ideal or a poor cut, he should note that on the appraisal. He should also take into account the quality of the setting and workmanship.

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
Excellent advice... The reality is that all you need is a verification if the diamond has already been lab graded. The appraiser should take the proportions of the diamond into account because diamonds sell within the industry based on their proportions...

jake88

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results