shape
carat
color
clarity

question about AGS cert

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lil425

Shiny_Rock
My stone is an eyeclean SI1 - the plotting diagram only shows a cloud that is on the side of the diamond. however, the comments state that the clarity rating was obtained from additional clouds that are not shown. What does this mean?

Any help is appreciated.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/13/2009 8:03:07 PM
Author:lil425
My stone is an eyeclean SI1 - the plotting diagram only shows a cloud that is on the side of the diamond. however, the comments state that the clarity rating was obtained from additional clouds that are not shown. What does this mean?

Any help is appreciated.
Can you check that? Usually if the cloud is the grade setter it will be plotted on the diagram as you said. In the comments section, if it says something like " clouds not shown' or " additional clouds not shown' this means that these are non grade setting clouds and are too insignificant to plot and do not have any affect on the diamond - they are only mentioned for the sake of completeness and are not an issue. Normally anything ' not shown' noted in the comments section of a grading report is a non issue.

I don't think you need to worry, but check the report to be sure. If you have a link to the report or can post it I can take a look for you.

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
To add to Lorelei''s comment, there are also times when clouds aren''t plotted because they would look overly grave in doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results