shape
carat
color
clarity

Quest for a bridal shoe

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pauls girl

Shiny_Rock
So, we''re going up to Portland in a couple weeks to tie up some loose ends (meeting with the minister finally, dress alterations, registering at a local department store, etc, etc...)

When I made the appointment for my first fitting, the seamstress said that I will need to bring the shoes I will be wearing with the dress. Well, yeah. It makes sense, but I haven''t BOUGHT my shoes yet. Ok. no problem...I start scouting around different websites. So far I''ve found a couple that will do, but none that I love.

Here''s some stumbling blocks to finding the perfect shoe:

1. My dress is the teeniest bit too long - I mean like a couple of inchs. I''ve shown my dress on other threads, so some of you may remember it. Now, in order to save money, I''ve pretty much decided I''ll get a shoe with a bit of a platform to raise me up. I wear super high heels almost daily. My boots have 4 inch heels, so a high heel doesn''t scare me.

2. The dress is a color that would need to be matched perfectly with the shoe. I couldn''t wear a white shoe with a "light gold" dress. Now, I''ve never been crazy about "dyable" shoes. They remind me of prom & I wore a pair to another wedding and what a waste
nono.gif
. I never wore them again. Of course, they were a totally 80''s teal color, and satin - but I digress. I would be willing to wear a "dyable" shoe if I found one I liked...and one I thought I could dye black or something and wear again after the wedding. One problem with this - dyables need swatches of fabric from the dress in order to match, and if all goes well I won''t need to cut my dress at all and there won''t be a swatch. I guess I could just go with a generic "champagne" color.

3. Open toe. While I wear open-toed shoes almost daily, I belong to a Scottish/English family. One of the traditions is to put a sixpence in the bride''s shoe. My Step-mom has already sent away for one so it will come straight from England. Pretty hard to wear a sixpence in an open-toed shoe. Either I put the sixpence in my bra or I tape it to my toe. lol. But, the shoes I have found with a platform & an open toe I prefer to the closed-toe one''s I''ve seen.

Ok. having said all that, here are the only things I''ve found that even come close to what I''m looking for...but I can''t decide if I''m really crazy about any of them.
They are all dyable.

This one is probably my least favorite of these I''m listing:

First shoe choice

This one does not do much for me either - although I like it better than the first one:

Second Shoe

This one I actually kind of like...but it does remind me of a prom shoe:

Third Shoe

This is the last one: The only closed-toe I''ve been able to find with a platform. But, it''s kind of funky. A little TOO funky. Not to mention the cost. If I''m going to spend $300.00 on a shoe, it kind of defeats the purpose of saving money by not getting my dress hemmed...which would cost about $150.00-$200.00. Comfort is a factor though, and a more expensive & well made shoe might help after dancing all night.

Shoe number four

I''ve been kind of checking out eBay...but my requirements (high heel, platform) are are hard combo to find...and I would have to know that it was a new shoe.

I''ve shown these shoes to some friends, and none of them like any of them. So, naturally I get even more frusterated.
angryfire.gif

Any input would be greatly appreciated! I need to probably buy my shoes in the next week or so.
rolleyes.gif

Thanks
4.gif

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Pauls Girl, I was laughing out loud thinking of a sixpence taped to your toe...And if you dance and kick your leg, WHAM! A sixpence in old Aunt Irene's mashed potatos! LOL (sorry!)

Shoe number one in my opinion has the nicest lines. But shoe number three is the one that COULD have the sixpence taped to the inside of the band by the toes...I have to admit, the shoe #4 is a bit too crazy mary jane from the 70's... But I suppose it DOES have a closed toe...won't old aunt Irene be glad!
11.gif
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ugh I hate typical wedding shoes!!

Check out Nordstrom...they have beautiful champagne shoes out right now.
2.gif
We were trolling them this weekend for BM shoes.

I got my wedding shoes..$40 at Brass Plum. Hah! Really cute simple white satin strappy sandal with not too thin of a high heel. They did have ivory...
2.gif

www.nordstrom.com does have good online selection but go into the stores!
2.gif
They have alot of really cute stuff out now for spring.

pauls girl

Shiny_Rock
Nic - that vision of a sixpence flying across the room had me cracking up! I imagined it beaning my future father-in-law in the forehead! yikes! (and don't tell anyone I chuckled at that image)
11.gif

Yeah. I agree. None of them are something I would normally buy, which is why I haven't even been tempted enough to consider shelling out any $$ for any of them yet - even with only 3 weeks before my dress fitting.

I'll check out Nordy's. Thanks for the tip, Mara. I went to Macy's specifically looking for wedding shoes like 4 months ago and they didn't have anything, so I figured Nordstrom's would be a bust too. But, that was during the winter, and I'm have to remember that the shoe selection is full of strappy cute shoes now.
1.gif

Thanks guys! I didn't want to settle for some shoe that I didn't even like.
14.gif
I was having a momentary panic attack today.
rolleyes.gif

Mari

Rough_Rock
If you get an open toe shoe that has an ankle-strap you could put the sixpense in a very small (tulle? lik the favours) bag and tie it to the buckle on the strap, that way you would have the sixpence in your shoe, but not have to worry about it flying off.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
11.gif
9.gif
Ahhh...but you better double knot it, or your father-in-law gets beaned in the eye when you dance!!!
9.gif
naughty.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He he! Same custom here... people use some very sturdy glue, not tape, and it surely works. No way to unset the coin afterwards. I am not sure what brands of glue are called in the US, but you may need to ask in a shop for car parts of such - those are suposed to glue rubber and metal for good
9.gif
and resist both solvents and impact
eek.gif

The #1 and #4 look very close to the last Channel line, a very successful, trend-making collection, and not just in my view.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results