shape
carat
color
clarity

ques on BM stuff

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
hi, i''m about to ask my bm''s to send in their measurements and order their dresses.
I''m not so good with the details, so wondering if it''s customary to ask bm''s to wear certain shoes, jewelry?
Or can I just let them make their own decision? How are you doing it?
Particularly with shoes..my BM dresses will be wine color and long..would it look bad if they all just chose their own shoes..i''m sure most would go with standard black/brown..I don''t know if it really matters or anyone notices their shoes if they are exact same shade or match the dress.

thx!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Some brides make the girls have everything the same, some don''t . It really just depends on your preference. Since it seems like you don''t really care, it would be a nice gesture to let them wear any shoes they want (maybe specify a color) and any jewelry.

My girls are wearing any black shoes they want, but will all have the same jewelry because that''s their gift.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
ok thanks..along those lines then..a ques for the more fashionable girls (compared to me!): iif the BM dresses are a wine/burgundy, long, strapless (elegant)--what are good shoes to go with that? Black strappy?

thanks again..

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
It''s really up to you and your BMs. My group decided to wear silver sandals, but they aren''t wearing the same ones... just any pair of silver sandals. They have long dresses so people will only get a glimpse anyway and I didn''t feel they needed to invest money in matching shoes. We haven''t decided on jewelry yet since each girl will be wearing a different dress... that makes for lots of different necklines.

I always think it looks a wee bit odd when EVERYTHING matches.

mrsotob

Rough_Rock
I agree with pp. My girls are wearing palm beach coral and I told them that they can pick any shoes they want, as long as they''re silver. I didn''t feel the need to have them each choose the same shoe. Some may be comfy in flats while others may love heels. Not to mention varying budgets. Plus, they can choose something that they''re likely to wear again, silver goes with most anything. As for jewelry, I''m making all my girls pearl jewelry. Haven''t decided on if I''ll make each the same and have the MOH jewelry different or all different. Either way, it''ll be nice faux pearl jewelry as my theme is pearls. HTH

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/30/2007 11:09:24 AM
Author: janinegirly
ok thanks..along those lines then..a ques for the more fashionable girls (compared to me!): iif the BM dresses are a wine/burgundy, long, strapless (elegant)--what are good shoes to go with that? Black strappy?

thanks again..
Depends on the shade of burgundy. I''m not a big fan of dark burgundys/wines with black, or of cooler (more blue/purple) burgundies with black, but it is okay with brighter or warmer (redder) wine colors. It is also hard to say without seeing the style of the dress. I would probably prefer metallics over black -- not super-shiny or snakeskiny kinds, but more subdued gold, sliver, or bronze. You know your BMs styles -- if you have any doubt as to their taste levels, you might want to specify things that you don''t want (eg: no clear plastic wedge heels; no cork/wood heels (those are in right now but seem too casual for a long gown at a wedding); fabric shoes rather than leather, etc. as you think is appropriate). Might not be a bad idea to pick out a few pictures from websites (Zappos is good b/c you can search lots of shoes by style/color (but is overpriced IMHO)) as samples of the type of style/color you would prefer. That way you are on the same page, but they can go and find something that is comfortable for them both physically and economically.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve been in weddings where they requested we all get matching color shoes (ie. picked and dyed from David''s Bridal), but most brides let us all wear our own shoes. Usually when the bride wants the BMs to wear matching jewelry, it''s given as a ''wedding party'' gift.

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
I would highly suggest letting them choose their shoes.
black is fine- if it''s a long dress you will not be able to see them,
and at least they''d be able to wear them again

I think shoes are so important to be comfortable, and everyone is so different- i think it''s really hard to have a fun time if your feet hurt!

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
cool...will let them choose their own!
one thing less for me to do!
emsmile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results