shape
carat
color
clarity

Quality/sparkle check... James Allen vs. Ouros?

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
I see that JA is having their 25% off sale, and I have a hankering for round cut diamond eternity band. For what I want, Ouros is still less expensive. JA offers G-H VS/SI, and Ouros offers E-F VS. Clarity and color don't really matter to me, The most important thing is cut/sparkle, which is hard to vet.

Anyone have experience with either, and whose lab's are better cut or more sparkly? I like the JA eternity band style better, but only really care about sparkle.

Thanks!

RockFox

Shiny_Rock
Hi I bought a half eternity (albeit oval cut) from Ouros and absolutely am not disappointed in the quality of the diamonds. I also bought from Fiorese Jewellery on Instagram - who delivered everything they promised. For me it just depends more on whether you are comfortable buying from a vendor that is not based in your home country ( the UK for me). I would definitely give Ouros a try if they have the style you are after, Vijay is very easy to work with.

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Hi I bought a half eternity (albeit oval cut) from Ouros and absolutely am not disappointed in the quality of the diamonds. I also bought from Fiorese Jewellery on Instagram - who delivered everything they promised. For me it just depends more on whether you are comfortable buying from a vendor that is not based in your home country ( the UK for me). I would definitely give Ouros a try if they have the style you are after, Vijay is very easy to work with.

Thanks RockFox! I've messaged Vijay back and forth a few times about some tentative project ideas. I'm just so indecisive when it comes to this stuff... I've heard other PS'rs have a good experience with him and are happy with his quality, so that makes me happy too! I think i've seen your band before, but if you don't mind posting another picture I'd love to see it again!

RockFox

Shiny_Rock
Thanks RockFox! I've messaged Vijay back and forth a few times about some tentative project ideas. I'm just so indecisive when it comes to this stuff... I've heard other PS'rs have a good experience with him and are happy with his quality, so that makes me happy too! I think i've seen your band before, but if you don't mind posting another picture I'd love to see it again!

B7EA85D7-97A1-4FE2-947D-6BFF6441B234.jpeg

70436406-1161-44EF-801F-08A396F4F5F1.jpeg

No problem. I had mine made in platinum and I honestly can’t fault it. The stones are lovely and lively. Out of interest the emerald cut band is from Fiorese and the small round band is mined (can’t even recall where from).

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
B7EA85D7-97A1-4FE2-947D-6BFF6441B234.jpeg

70436406-1161-44EF-801F-08A396F4F5F1.jpeg

No problem. I had mine made in platinum and I honestly can’t fault it. The stones are lovely and lively. Out of interest the emerald cut band is from Fiorese and the small round band is mined (can’t even recall where from).

Where is that east west band from? Love it!

RockFox

Shiny_Rock
Where is that east west band from? Love it!

Hi - it is from Fiorese Jewellery via Instagram. I worked with Simon there on WhatsApp, but they now have various reps a bit like Stargems or Tianyu.

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
I think the main difference is that JA offers the True Hearts ideal cut for lab stones which I guess gives you some guarantee of cut and sparkle. I don't think Ouros cut to a 3X standard but his big stones look good. I have only bought a ring with small OECs but they are lovely. I think his MRBs are good but his OECs are more like transitional cuts with a shallow crown, which isn't what I'm chasing so unless he does more classic OECs, I won't go with Ouros.

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
I think the main difference is that JA offers the True Hearts ideal cut for lab stones which I guess gives you some guarantee of cut and sparkle. I don't think Ouros cut to a 3X standard but his big stones look good. I have only bought a ring with small OECs but they are lovely. I think his MRBs are good but his OECs are more like transitional cuts with a shallow crown, which isn't what I'm chasing so unless he does more classic OECs, I won't go with Ouros.

good point! Does JA use the True Hearts Ideal for the stones in their bands and melee too?

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
good point! Does JA use the True Hearts Ideal for the stones in their bands and melee too?

I'm leaning towards thinking no, but it's worth asking if you want to proceed with JA. I can't remember if there's a thread for lab grown ideal cuts but it may be worth asking Ouros if they can do ideal cuts (I think they keep their competitively priced stones listed on Etsy) at extra cost.

RJLongLong

Rough_Rock
I have a project with Vijay from Ouros right now that just shipped, and the only thing I came here to mention is that shipping from India is pretty much stagnant right now with the COVID situation, lock downs, and planes not departing. I'm not worried about my project, I understand the situation and am content waiting until things start moving again. But that may factor into your decision if you want more confidence in the delivery date.

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
I have a project with Vijay from Ouros right now that just shipped, and the only thing I came here to mention is that shipping from India is pretty much stagnant right now with the COVID situation, lock downs, and planes not departing. I'm not worried about my project, I understand the situation and am content waiting until things start moving again. But that may factor into your decision if you want more confidence in the delivery date.

Good point! Please post pics of your project when it’s done :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results