shape
carat
color
clarity

Q for HK PSers. Are the protests as bad as what we hear in the US?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @Dancing Fire I do have someone in mind who might be able to help, he specializes in family and probate law. I just spoke with him briefly about your case over the phone (I hope you don't mind!) and he's confident that it can be done.
Thanks Angel :wavey: I'll contact Jon.

angeljosephy

Rough_Rock
Premium
Thanks Angel :wavey: I'll contact Jon.

Best of luck and hope you can get back control of the property soon! There has been speculation that the property market will be affected by the protests but who knows.:whistle:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a mess...:knockout:

Last edited:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a feeling that if China is going to go all Tiananmen-tank they may choose to do so sooner rather than later since the current presidency seems more likely than any future one to not intervene, at least based on all the recent Syria news. I wouldn’t be surprised if China is mindful of what “unfavorable” changes may occur with the next US election in terms of how likely the US would be to try to intervene in some way if China were to use more force against HK.

I go to China yearly as my parents live there. I definitely remember after the last election that many Chinese seemed happy about trumps victory as they saw him as a “business man” who could be “reasoned with” to stay out of Chinese business vs Clinton. Also there was a serious sense of schaudenfraude from many Chinese people I met who considered trump pretty dumb and reveled in “see what democracy gets you? An idiot for president.” Insert smug smile.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm all for peaceful protests, but it is wrong to destroy properties all over the city. :nono: IMO, This protest will not end pretty it has been going on for too long with a lot of HKners involved. I'm afraid it'll only end with bloodshed on the street.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I go to China yearly as my parents live there. I definitely remember after the last election that many Chinese seemed happy about trumps victory as they saw him as a “business man” who could be “reasoned with” to stay out of Chinese business vs Clinton. Also there was a serious sense of schaudenfraude from many Chinese people I met who considered trump pretty dumb and reveled in “see what democracy gets you? An idiot for president.” Insert smug smile.
How old are your parents?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results