shape
carat
color
clarity

Q: Are we racing toward a constitutional crisis? A: Yes

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If 45 loses in Nov (especially by a close margin) will he really leave?

I doubt it.
So does this author and law professor.

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
well you better hope Mr Biedin wins a clear majority
im hoping GW will endorse him

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yes he will leave, any president knows it would be senseless to do anything but quietly leave.
Anyone saying otherwise is just trying to get people worked up over nothing.
I remember a bunch of right wingers getting all bent out of shape about Obama not leaving.
It was silly then and its silly now.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If 45 loses in Nov (especially by a close margin) will he really leave?

I doubt it.
So does this author and law professor.

If the race is very close in certain states then he'll ask for a recount, i.e..like Gore did in Florida which I'd understand. I would expect Biden to do the same.

Last edited:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If the race is very close in certain states then he'll ask for a recount, i.e..like Gore did in Florida which I'd understand. I would expect Biden to do the same.

Oh no.... Not more hanging chads! :eek-2:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes he will leave, any president knows it would be senseless to do anything but quietly leave.
Anyone saying otherwise is just trying to get people worked up over nothing.
I remember a bunch of right wingers getting all bent out of shape about Obama not leaving.
It was silly then and its silly now.

I think he will leave but I do not think he will admit defeat because, well, when has he ever?

Based on his prior behaviors I imagine he will do a lot of tweeting and foot stomping about rigged elections and liberal conspiracy, see that he doesn’t have enough political support to change the outcome, and leave under some sort of narrative of being tricked/forced out of office by the deep state.

I think he will go but not gracefully. And not because he respects the process. I absolutely believe based on his actions as president that he would stay if he thought there was a way to do it even while losing the election. One of the major defenses in his impeachment trial was basically “well maybe he technically tried but he didn’t successfully do it, so no crime”. So yeah, I definitely think he would try to stay in office but won’t be savvy enough to know how to do so.

I’m just hoping that republican politicians aren’t so far gone that they would actually let him outright steal an election (other than the usual voter suppression tactics). I’m hoping Mattis’ statement is a sign that they wouldn’t.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He implied he wouldn’t concede if he lost back in 2016 so not much has changed.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Lets say a president locked himself in the the Oval office and ranted I'm still president on swearing in day.
A new president would be sworn in and he would just be a powerless laughing stock throwing a tantrum in the oval office.
The newly sworn in president would have the presidential power.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He will go yelling and fighting the whole way. But he will (have to) go. He will blame everyone but himself and he will take zero responsibility for the mess he is leaving behind.

heckuvajob.jpg

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He will go yelling and fighting the whole way. But he will (have to) go. He will blame everyone but himself and he will take zero responsibility for the mess he is leaving behind.

heckuvajob.jpg

I don't know about yall but I'm really sick of winning. :roll:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lets say a president locked himself in the the Oval office and ranted I'm still president on swearing in day.
A new president would be sworn in and he would just be a powerless laughing stock throwing a tantrum in the oval office.
The newly sworn in president would have the presidential power.

I think the scenario people are scared of is that somehow due to corruption and confusion, we will end up with 2 sets of numbers from the polls, one showing trump as winner and one showing Biden. Or say initial numbers say Biden but then trump demands a recount in certain states due to mail in votes or stating that certain districts are invalid for whatever reason and they switch to trump. And then Biden challenges that in response etc,,

And trump will use whatever support he can find to say he won and there will be enough uncertainty that his party would support him.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
The founders saw that disputed elections might happen which is one reason for the electoral college. Its vote is the final say.

edit...
My point is there are enough real issues to worry about wihout making people worry about something that is very extremely unlikely.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Heading for? Oh I think we're well past that point now. And the GOP will do nothing about it because it's party over people.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
edit...
My point is there are enough real issues to worry about wihout making people worry about something that is very extremely unlikely.
Yup, The Dems are talking nonsense. If he loses he must leave.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The founders saw that disputed elections might happen which is one reason for the electoral college. Its vote is the final say.

edit...

A week ago I’d have thought it extremely unlikely that the US President would order peaceful protesters to be tear gassed in order to do a photo op at a church he hadn’t been invited to.

My understanding of what is “unlikely” at this point is unfortunately not very optimistic.

voce

Ideal_Rock
@MakingTheGrade I've been pessimistic about Trump since February. He hasn't surprised me even once.

Come on, Trump--prove me wrong, for once. Don't be so predictable.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A73EB3D8-3C1D-4A43-8061-E52B3368ED92.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results