shape
carat
color
clarity

Putting myself out there...

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
I forgot to mention that I take 1,000 UI vitamin D and 500 mg vitamin C daily.
I also drink a magnesium chloride solution 20 days/month.

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Asscher! I hope you are doing well!

I read your opening post and would like to suggest a newer book that has changed my life...I just started a post about it, but it sounds like it would help you a lot too...

It's by Brad Lamm and called "Just 10 pounds" - it deals with the emotional aspect of overeating and helps you to deal with that first...I can't tell you how much it has helped me...I had a new perspective, literally within days of reading this book. Even if you don't follow his food plan to a "T" - read it for the emotional healing parts, that is the very biggest part of losing weight and being able to keep it off... I like you, had always lost and regained it...but I feel totally different this time... It is so much more about the emotional triggers than it is about the food... Get the emotional stuff straight and the desire to eat the healthy stuff will come along naturally. It is amazing.

I wish you the best, I know from experience how difficult this can be!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
When I was pregnant and gaining too much weight, snacking was a big issue for me. My doctor told me to limit my snacks to only vegetables. I thought this was crazy at first, but it worked. In reality, I snuck in other foods, but a lot of my snacks were replaced with things like carrot sticks or broccoli with 1 spoon of dip. It immediately addressed any hunger pangs, was easy to prepare (I cut a bunch of veggies twice a week and put them in tupperwear), and very simple. I know this doesn't address the issue of eating unhealthy food at meals, but it might help the snackers out there.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Just thought I'd drop in and ask....How's it going?

cheers--Sharon

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for checking! I finally got hubby on board with me and we are just starting nutrisystem. We really need the easy factor to get us going. Today was day 1! Sofar so good. It will definitely take us awhile to get used to the portion sizes, I have been drinking tons of water just to help with feeling full.

I will try to update once a week!

Thanks again!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Started day 3! I have done really well so far, no deviating from the plan. I have had a headache pretty consistently but I read that this is like a detox period so it's not uncommon. I have been having cravings but I have been able to deal with them. I am keeping myself in the mindset that I used when I quit smoking. The cravings will pass. I have also had challenges with feeling full. I am having to get used to just feeling "not hungry" as opposed to feeling "full", especially at night when I would usually eat a big dinner. I have been drinking a lot of water to help with this and I have also taken to drinking hot tea at night. I make a big cup with one black and one green tea together. I have always drank tea and coffee black so that has been fine. DH and I are going out with some friends to a comedy show tonight. I am allowing myself 2 light beers. I would rather have beers than cake lol.

Thanks for reading!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I discovered something amazing today and I have a Kardashian to thank for it! At one point Kourtney Kardashian was eating kale chips on one of her shows and I thought it was weird but it stuck in my head. Since nutrisystem requires 4 servings of veggies per day I have been trying to figure out what I can easily eat for lunch. I know kale is very good for you so I bought a big bag at BJs. I tried some raw the other day I was able to choke it down but it was very chewy and took a long time to eat. I checked out all recipes and found a simple kale chip recipe. Basically chopped kale w some olive oil and salt at 350 for about 10-15 min. I made my version with paprika. So remarkably good! The perfect thing to munch on while watching tv which I love!

I recommend it to anyone who loves to snack and digs crunchy. So yum!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Starting my first Monday with the diet. I have discovered one of my food triggers. Being tired. When I'm tired I want to eat crap. I only got about 4 1/2-5 hours of sleep last night and I'm paying for it today! I really need to get at least 7 hours at night. Mondays are the worst since on Sundays I don't want to go to bed due to the weekend being over :(

At least now I have identified it as a trigger. Now I just have to make it through the rest of my long as hell day. I wake up at 5:45am, I'm out of the house by 6:15am and I'm either working or driving for work until 6:30pm when I get home. Going to bed at 12:45 am does not suffice!

I am going to sleep tonight by 11, I'll see if it's any better for me tomorrow. Going to have my snack soon, yay snack!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Made it to Wednesday! Still going strong! I haven't been able to actually go to sleep by 11 yet but I have been making it by 11:30. I still need more sleep though. Going to do lights of tonight by 10:30 and see how that goes.

I joined a gym yesterday. It was so scary for me just to walk in the door. I was so scared of being made fun of, very high school but it's what I have experienced before and it stuck with me. So far everyone has been very nice. Several people have assured me that most people in a gym are too worried about getting their own workouts done to bother worrying about other people. I have my fitness assessment on Friday and I will probably start off with some personal training sessions to get me going.

I found out that my insurance company will also pay for part of my and my husband's nutrisystem, it's saving us about $60 a month which is awesome. I have to try to call them today and see if they will pay for some of the gym, the more I can save the more personal training I can get!

I'm going to buy some workout clothes today after work :appl: looking forward to Friday!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I made it to the gym last Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Today will be my first mid work week workout. After this that's it until Friday comes again. Today I have the elliptical, then weights and then the elliptical again. My day off from the gym yesterday was great, most of my soreness from the weekend is gone and I'm ready to do it all over again! My diet has also been going well, I have stuck to it with no detours at all. I haven't really lost an weight since the first week but I know by body is fighting this. I hope to see some differences this Sunday!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Still going strong on the diet, I haven't lost much weight since the first big drop but I kind of expected that. I have been doing well with the gym until this weekend. I got some wicked sunburn on my legs on Saturday so I've been hiding in the house and waiting for the pain to go away. I'm going to go Tuesday at a minimum to help make up for it and maybe Wednesday if I can manage it. Holidays sure can be distracting! DH is also doing very well on the nutrisystem. he hasn't been going to the gym because he doesn't have a membership but he has been riding his bike on his own. He did over 5 miles today, I'm so proud of him!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Still going! I have been going to the gym 2-4 times a week. I am now down 20lbs from when I started just over a month ago, I am very happy with this. Only 16 lbs to go until I hit my first goal! I have found it much easier to stick with the Nutrisystem than I thought it would be. I actually got hubby to go to the gym today for the first time. The elliptical kicked his ass, lol. I think he'll be joining on Wednesday. I don't necessarily want him as a workout partner because I only want to rely on myself, not on anyone else. I'm still glad that he'll be going though and I don't mind going with him at times. Now I'm just looking forward to next month!

Oh, I also have a long term event to look forward to. I have been on several cruises in the last few years but I have never been on one and weighed less than 275. I am already well under that and I hope to be in "onederland" by my next cruise in March. I have about 9 months to go and I sure as hell better be able to do it!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a new goal! I have weightloss goal milestones but I have never attached any timelines to them, I have now! My first major goal is to get below 250lbs, and after that in 25lb increments. My husband and I just booked a cruise for next March and I want to be under 200lbs by then. It's about 9 months from now and if I continue to loose consistently then I know I can do it. I have been on many cruises but I have never been on one weighing less that 275 so I am so excited! I'm really happy now that I have a set goal to look forward to as well. 285 days to go!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am officially only 10 lbs away from my first goal of 250lbs! I have been busting it out at the gym and I actually got complimented by another woman around my age a few days ago, that has never happened before! My DH has also been going with me and it is doing wonders for him all around. It's also nice to be doing something together 100%! I also just noticed the other day for the first time that I'm developing actual arm muscles, I love it! I am really starting to enjoy all of this and I can't wait to hit my first goal of 250 and then look forward to my next goal of 225, after that it's onederland all the way, I can smell it!

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations Asscherhalolover! Your doing it! I am very impressed with your perseverance and a bit jealous (ok alot jealous) I wish I could find that will power, keep up the great work!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
artdecogirl|1340723507|3223811 said:
Congratulations Asscherhalolover! Your doing it! I am very impressed with your perseverance and a bit jealous (ok alot jealous) I wish I could find that will power, keep up the great work!

This has been a long time coming for me, I have tried and given up a few times. This is just like when I quit smoking, I quit and went back to it a few times before I knew I was done. I quit smoking almost 2 years ago now and I know that I will never go back to it, I just had to get to that point where I was truly done with it. It's the same for me now with my formerly unhealthy lifestyle, I'm just ready this time to be done with it.

I know a lot of people say they wish they could fast forward through the weight loss process, I don't want to because I want to remember how hard this is, just to stay motivated to never have to do this again!

When you are ready and determined you will do it!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

GREAT news!!! KEEP UP THE GREAT work! Ride your train til the end toward a new healthy life and lifestyle! Glad your hubby is "on board" as well! (ain't no stoppin ya now!!) Double excellent! :wavey: :appl:

cheers--Sharon

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Way to go Asscher. Having been there and done that, I empathize with your journey. One bit of advice, it may not apply to you but it was a challenge for me. People treated me differently when I lost weight -- men and women alike. I had difficulty adjusting to the attention and throughout my life, would regain the weight for that reason and a deeply psychological one that I'd rather not discuss. I resented that people found me more worthy to converse with or just plain notice when I was thinner. I was the same person in the inside, ya know? Took a lot of work but I've conquered those issues. Enjoy your healthier you and keep up the good work.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you both for your kind thoughts and sharing your experiences. I do wonder sometimes about being treated differently and how I will react. I have been overweight or obese since I was 14. I think more than anything this process is making me appreciate my husband so much more because he loved me at my worst, he saw in me what other people never even looked at because they couldn't or wouldn't get past the surface.

Thank you all again!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey all! I know it's been awhile but I'm still trucking along! I have been hitting the gym and sticking with the nutrisystem quite well. I'm working summer school this year so it's helping to keep me very busy and on track. I think by mid August I will really need those few weeks off before the school year starts up again, I plan on hitting the gym a lot during that time to really maximize the time I have off. It's times like this that I find the nutrisystem very convenient, don't have to worry about any real food prep! Things are also going very well for DH, he has been going to the gym a lot and doing very well with his diet. Now we are both just counting down to our cruise in march!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Asscher, just wanted to say I am following your journey and am so impressed by what you've accomplished so far!

lucyloo

Shiny_Rock
Hi Asscher!
:wavey: Way to go, so happy to read about your journey! I lost about 45 lbs on Nutrisystem over several years. I did not use the Nutrisystem food over that entire time. I would loose 15-20 and then go back to maintaining that weight with regular food for a while, then go back to the Nutrisystem food and loose more weight. I wanted to mention (if you did not know already) that Costco offers Nutrisystem gift cards that can save quite a bit of money over time. They have changed the promo over the last couple of years, but currently offer $100 gift cards for $79.99. Hope that can help you and can't wait to hear about your cruise! Which cruise line? Which islands will you visit?

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi ladies! Thank you for keeping track of me! I am doing very well, down to 247 for a total loss of about 37lbs since May 9th. I have not had any problems sticking with the nutrisystem food or meal plan although my husband and I both do flex meals when we want something different. Hubby has lost 32lbs and is very happy as well.

I have been taking pictures so I can track my progress. I plan to continue this every 25lbs until I reach my goal. Next up is 225!

combo_front_shot_smile.jpg

combo_side_shot_smile.jpg

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lucyloo|1343582046|3242513 said:
Hi Asscher!
:wavey: Way to go, so happy to read about your journey! I lost about 45 lbs on Nutrisystem over several years. I did not use the Nutrisystem food over that entire time. I would loose 15-20 and then go back to maintaining that weight with regular food for a while, then go back to the Nutrisystem food and loose more weight. I wanted to mention (if you did not know already) that Costco offers Nutrisystem gift cards that can save quite a bit of money over time. They have changed the promo over the last couple of years, but currently offer $100 gift cards for $79.99. Hope that can help you and can't wait to hear about your cruise! Which cruise line? Which islands will you visit?

We're going on Royal Caribbean, it will be my 5th and DH's 3rd. We live in NY so we are leaving from Jersey down to the Bahamas. I teach in Brooklyn and it will be the perfect thing to do on the spring break! I have never been on a cruise and not looked like someone who lived on the buffet line so I'm really looking forward to it! I also can't wait to take some new pictures with DH. DH and I are also using the trip to celebrate our 5th anniversary early since we can't take a vacation during summer (DH's company doesn't allow it). Depending on how things are going with our progress we might do a vow renewal with just the two of us and I'll either have my wedding dress severely altered to fit or get a new beachy style one. It's just something we're tossing around but I like the idea of a whole new dress. We'll see! Either way, I can't wait!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Asscherhalo_lover|1343610086|3242718 said:
lucyloo|1343582046|3242513 said:
Hi Asscher!

We're going on Royal Caribbean, it will be my 5th and DH's 3rd. We live in NY so we are leaving from Jersey down to the Bahamas. I teach in Brooklyn and it will be the perfect thing to do on the spring break! I have never been on a cruise and not looked like someone who lived on the buffet line so I'm really looking forward to it! I also can't wait to take some new pictures with DH. DH and I are also using the trip to celebrate our 5th anniversary early since we can't take a vacation during summer (DH's company doesn't allow it). Depending on how things are going with our progress we might do a vow renewal with just the two of us and I'll either have my wedding dress severely altered to fit or get a new beachy style one. It's just something we're tossing around but I like the idea of a whole new dress. We'll see! Either way, I can't wait!

Awesome! Keep on keeping on!

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Just wondered how you are doing?? And your hubby??

cheers--Sharon

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks canuk! We are still going strong. We slowed down for the last few weeks of summer and maintained our weights, now we're back on the loose it wagon! Hubby is down 40lbs and I am down about 48lbs! This is the lowest I have weighed since I was on the climb up gaining weight, it's an amazing feeling! I'm having quite a bit of trouble with clothes. We both went completely through our wardrobes and donated everything that was too big. There wasn't much left :) I'm surviving on the minimum for clothes until I'm done. All of my pants fit in one little drawer, lol. I have my birthday coming up in November and I am looking forward to buying some new clothes for the holidays. I have been avoiding most of my family since I started, I can't wait to surprise them!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

How thrilling! Won't your family be surprised!

You didn't want those old clothes anyway... :bigsmile: ;))

My BD is also in Nov....are you Scorpio or a Sag??

cheers--Sharon

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm on the 27th! Sag for me!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Asscherhalo_lover|1348106233|3271358 said:
I'm on the 27th! Sag for me!

I am the 27th also!!! WOT are the odds.....

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results