shape
carat
color
clarity

Put an offer on a house...

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
We put an offer on a house on Friday early afternoon.
We have not heard yet. I know it is the weekend and it can take a bit - but the wait is killing me :razz:
I wish I would hear already lol...

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aahhhh, isn''t waiting to hear the worst?! Sending huge buckets of homebuying dust your way, I hope they accept!! Fingers and toes crossed for you, dear!
36.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Amey - I''m happy for you! Best of luck!!! :)

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I wish you the best of luck, the waiting is agonizing for sure.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Do you love the house, why? How long has it been on the market?

Good luck!

softly softly

Brilliant_Rock
Best of luck Amethyste. Hope you hear soon.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know that feeling. The couple I was dealing with when I bought my house were terrible to do business with. They played me to the nth degree. It''s customary to wait two to three days for an answer or counter offer, so you should be hearing something by Monday night. Good luck Amey. I hope you get it!

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/20/2010 7:40:43 AM
Author: Steal
Do you love the house, why? How long has it been on the market?

Good luck!

it's been on the market for a while - it was "sold" before, but the buyer's financing fell through at the last minute, so it's back on the market.

we love it, near a river ( i am a huge water person ), quiet settings - no neighbors close so I can finally record my vocals ( opera ) without the fear of disturbing people and it's the perfect size and it's a cape ( what we were looking for )
there is room for me to do my nails and my hubby's business as well.

thank you ladies for the positive vibes and wishes... :)

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Good luck! I remember that feeling of waiting for the contract to be accepted....extremely nerve-wracking. Sounds like your potential new home will be well worth the wait.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh, very exciting. Waiting for a response is nerve wracking. I hope you get a positive response soon.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck! And yes, the waiting is hard!

And I''d love to hear one of your recordings!!
1.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
good luck.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, thats really exciting! How long did you give them to respond? I know this probably goes without saying but make sure
you get a home inspection by a qualifed individual.

We made the mistake of not doing it on a house that wasnt very old (so we figured there couldnt be anything majorly wrong with it).
Well, ends up it had this siding on the exterior that can not withstand a great amount of humidity. It would have
to be replaced in the next 5 years (at a great cost). We ended up getting a lawyer and finally got out of it but it wasnt fun.

I think the siding is now banned in FL.

Anway, I hope all goes well and you get the house!

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
How long usually does it take for the seller to either accept an offer or make a counter offer?

Steel

Ideal_Rock
It sounds like a great house match for you.

As far as acceptance or counter offers go it depends on your offer.

Say if you offered asking or above they may bite your hand off tomorrow morning. If they sniff more $$$ then you will either be left to stew or get a counter or rejection first thing.

My advice in any event is to remember this is a bullish market and while this house is a great match it is not the only one. But you may be the only one to offer on this house. Ergo they need you more than you need them. Don''t forget that in a negotiation. They have what you want but they need what you have. Trust me
2.gif

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/20/2010 6:29:05 PM
They have what you want but they need what you have. Trust me
2.gif

Haha!!! That is true Steal!

But the thing is, the assessment counted for 175 s.f of unlivable space downstairs in the basement ( no one has anything in their basements in that area cause it often floods, and all comparables in the area did not count basement space either ).
So if you minus that 175 and then take the remainder and multiply by the city rate, it comes up to "X" $$$. We offered "X" $$$.
I think they might in shock or have not looked closely at their assessment either and migt not know how to handle this yet...?
All I know is if we get the house, we''ll be appealing this with the town, that''s for sure!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/20/2010 6:38:08 PM
Author: Amethyste

Date: 6/20/2010 6:29:05 PM
They have what you want but they need what you have. Trust me
2.gif

Haha!!! That is true Steal!

But the thing is, the assessment counted for 175 s.f of unlivable space downstairs in the basement ( no one has anything in their basements in that area cause it often floods, and all comparables in the area did not count basement space either ).
So if you minus that 175 and then take the remainder and multiply by the city rate, it comes up to ''X'' $$$. We offered ''X'' $$$.
I think they might in shock or have not looked closely at their assessment either and migt not know how to handle this yet...?
All I know is if we get the house, we''ll be appealing this with the town, that''s for sure!
Well done for being savy.
36.gif
Did you explain your calculation in your offer?

I have a very strict view of property purchase/sales and if I knew you IRL I would insist you keep viewing homes so that you don''t get caught up in this house.
I would set out a clear offer and put it on the table for a defined period of time after which it is automatically withdrawn. That way you don''t go mad wondering if or when they will get back and with what reply. I find that this will he/won''t she gets into your mind and you end up frenzied wanting something more than perhaps you ordinarily would.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhh good luck Ame!!!

How long until you'll know?

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope you hear something favorable by tonight Amey. My fingers are crossed for you! Let us know when you hear something.

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
THank you ladies... We are still waiting...
7.gif

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/21/2010 7:37:39 AM
THank you ladies... We are still waiting...
7.gif
We are waiting right with you
1.gif

Good luck.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/20/2010 6:14:09 PM
How long usually does it take for the seller to either accept an offer or make a counter offer?
Congrats Amethyste!!!

How long did you give the sellers to respond in your offer? I think 24- 48 hours is pretty average. We put 3 offers in--the first two we gave 24 hours. The third we gave 48 hours because the husband was travelling internationally. That was back in April and we close this week--it feels like ages ago, haha.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Hey, Amethyste, I''m just bumping this to see if you''ve heard any news?? I''m still keeping my fingers crossed!!

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
... And we are under contract!!!! We are so excited!!! THank you very much for all of the positive thoughts! We appreciate it! :)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy%20Congratulations.gif

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! Now you can start the always entertaining threads of picking paint colors and furniture!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Woohoo, congrats Ame!!!! Such a great feeling huh??

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats, Best of luck..

Pics of house when you feel ready please.... you deserve the best...

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2010 9:59:05 PM

... And we are under contract!!!! We are so excited!!! THank you very much for all of the positive thoughts! We appreciate it! :)

Yay! Congratulations!
36.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results