shape
carat
color
clarity

Push gift?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mtjoya

Brilliant_Rock
Since my DH did not get the clue about a push present...I am deciding to probably give myself one!
11.gif
I am lusting over this beautiful eternity that I saw on BGD.

http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/home/ring-details/?product_id=5434

I want to get the one in pink sapphires since I had a girl! What do you guys think?
36.gif
12.gif
3.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2010 5:01:13 PM
Author:mtjoya

Since my DH did not get the clue about a push present...I am deciding to probably give myself one!
11.gif
I am lusting over this beautiful eternity that I saw on BGD.

http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/home/ring-details/?product_id=5434

I want to get the one in pink sapphires since I had a girl! What do you guys think?
36.gif
12.gif
3.gif
Do you want my honest to god opinion?

(off the bat, I will say it''s pretty though)...

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I want something similar to the Bev K sapphire and diamond band but also in pink. If I get it though, it''ll be used as a wedding band.

It is very pretty!!

Tgal-would it matter if I wanted your honest to God opinion or does it have to be MT''s call? LOL

mtjoya

Brilliant_Rock
18.gif
LOL...Thanks!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2010 5:12:10 PM
Author: fiery
I want something similar to the Bev K sapphire and diamond band but also in pink. If I get it though, it''ll be used as a wedding band.

It is very pretty!!

Tgal-would it matter if I wanted your honest to God opinion or does it have to be MT''s call? LOL
It has to be MT''s, because it''s her thread.
2.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2010 5:12:35 PM
Author: mtjoya
18.gif
LOL...Thanks!
hehe, just let me know if you want to know what I think. It''s not about this ring in particular (although I have my opinion of it). It''s about push presents for girls in general. I think it''s much trickier than ones representing boys.

mtjoya

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/26/2010 5:15:32 PM
Author: TravelingGal

Date: 2/26/2010 5:12:35 PM
Author: mtjoya
18.gif
LOL...Thanks!
hehe, just let me know if you want to know what I think. It''s not about this ring in particular (although I have my opinion of it). It''s about push presents for girls in general. I think it''s much trickier than ones representing boys.
yea of course!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
OK, disclaimer, I''m not into pink jewelry, so I''m a bit biased.

However, for that matter, judging from this thread that Dreamer started, neither are many other of PS''s girl moms.

The set I love from that thread is Burk''s Tayva/Kade set (I''d have another girl and boy, if only to copy that set!!), but the Tayva ring is rubies. Tacori''s Tessa ring IS pink, and IMHO, is the only real pink ring where she just nails it. It''s representative of a girl, delicate, feminine AND elegant.

I hope I''m not insulting anyone, but if that thread is any indication, most of us have not opted for that bright pink that BGD is using in the girl''s ring that you posted. The only other bright pink thing I see on the baby gift thread is a spinel necklace (while definitely pretty) looks like it was chosen by a husband for his wife. Other girl moms chose straight diamonds, rubies, or even yellow stones.

I think a lot of us want a ring that represents a girl. For me, since I don''t like pink or red, I opted to go padparadscha. The thing that I see with the BGD ring you posted is that the blue looks great (because blue is an elegant color). But the pink, while pretty, is such a GIRL color that it reminds me of the stones that go into girl''s jewelry...that fashion stuff you might see at Claire''s at the mall. Pretty, but not necessarily elegant.

Hopefully I''m not being too harsh...but it''s just my honest opinion. I think that some vendors want to offer a pink to get into the push present business, but I don''t think bright, hot pink is really well thought out at all...or else we would have seen a lot more PS moms buying it.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Ah, I see what you are saying.

I hadn''t seen Burk''s T ring. DD was born in July and I''d much prefer rubies over pink but hadn''t found an option anywhere to get a ring similar with rubies.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2010 5:54:17 PM

I hadn''t seen Burk''s T ring. DD was born in July and I''d much prefer rubies over pink but hadn''t found an option anywhere to get a ring similar with rubies.
Burk''s Tayva ring is to die for. Also, personal preference again, but I like these types of rings to have that vintage look. I like the non milgrained design for the blue in that BGD link fine, but not so much the pink.

I also think in general a pale pink is a more elegant color than hot pink, but that''s just one person''s opinion. I love the Tessa ring too!!

Fiery, if it matters to you, hold off and wait for something you really like. Amelia was born 4/2008, but I didn''t complete her ring until 10/2009

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
I get where you're coming from, TG.

We won't know if we're having a girl or boy until they "show up" so i'm holding off on making PP plans until then. But I have been THINKING about it
31.gif

But, not being a huge fan of bright pink jewelry myself, I would probably go with something in rose gold. Just a thought...

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2010 5:57:59 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Date: 2/26/2010 5:54:17 PM

Burk''s Tayva ring is to die for. Also, personal preference again, but I like these types of rings to have that vintage look. I like the non milgrained design for the blue in that BGD link fine, but not so much the pink.

I also think in general a pale pink is a more elegant color than hot pink, but that''s just one person''s opinion. I love the Tessa ring too!!

Fiery, if it matters to you, hold off and wait for something you really like. Amelia was born 4/2008, but I didn''t complete her ring until 10/2009

I still didn''t get a push present for Meena, and she was born 7/2008. I''ve been thinking about a push present for J and maybe a retro- push present for M, but that won''t be until next year for me to get what I want.

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
Personally I love it but I am more of the bright pink, loud kind of girl, rather than the subdued pinks!

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
For what it''s worth, I love pink sapphires and have a pink sapphire and platinum mother''s ring to represent my little girl.

I love pink, the more the better! You should go with what brings you joy, and if that''s bright colorful pink you should rock it.

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
I totally think you should get what makes YOU feel good. You will be the one wearing it.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s really pretty!

Re pink: I never used to wear it (I was always into "fall" colors like red, navy, etc.), but now that I have a girl, all I want to do is wear lavender, rose pink, etc.

waterlilly

Brilliant_Rock
1. I love bezel eternity rings and if you love pink, go for it.

2. I wish there was another name for such a gift. The words "PUSH PRESENT" make me shudder. Yuck.

mtjoya

Brilliant_Rock
LOL thanks ladies! I personally love all the colors, doesn''t matter which for what the sex the bebe is. I like this one cuz of course its BGD and the pink reminds me of all girly. If I could I would get the blue one too!
11.gif
LOL..

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
My Tessa ring is EXACTLY what I wanted. The only thing I would change is I love the way they did a sizing "circle" on snlee's instead of my sizing bar. Bev K offers 5 different shades of pink from the palest to the flamingo. Mine was one of the middle ones. I wanted it to match the the rose gold. I wanted all pink sapphires but they will alternate with diamonds if you want. I personally (and this is JUST my taste) do not like the every other combo when the stones are the same shape and size. I feel it is too busy. I would like BGD's band more if it was 2 sapphires for every 1 diamond or some combo like that. I do like pink so that was not an issue for me and I REALLY wanted rose gold. I was debating that and a citrine ring in YG (her birthstone) but several jewelers said citrine was too soft for daily wear. I figure I will get a necklace or earrings one day. Take your time to pick out something you really love. It is such a meaningful piece of jewelry!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
I say go for what YOU love...afterall, you will be the one paying for it/wearing it everyday. P.S. I love the pink and don''t think it looks little girlish, but it''s all personal preference.

cara

Ideal_Rock
Those pink sapphs are probably a bit deep in saturation for my taste for reasons Tgal and others mentioned, but I''m not opposed to pink sapph/diamond combination bands in general. I think the diamonds give some sparkle, and the alternating pattern provides some nice contrast, both highlighting the pink and keeping the dark/hot pink from dominating, at least sometimes. With the bezel bubbles in the BGD band, the sapph and diamonds are a little more separated from one another than in say a shared prong ring. Maybe it the color wouldn''t appear as harsh if the diamonds were set closer to the sapphs. Or maybe a lighter tone (hue? what''s the right word) in the sapphs would be more attractive.

For example, I like the color effects in these rings that combine diamonds and pink sapphs (even if the overall ring might not be exactly my taste): cindarella''s band.

Anyway, if you want to do pink, I think the color tone of the stone is key, though you can change how the color of a pink stone is perceived somewhat by its setting, both by using other stones for contrast/compliment and the metal color. While I like rose gold, many times I think that rose gold ends up clashing w/pink stones because the rose gold is a little orangy. But when it works, it does look nice.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Hi Mt-

JMHO, I dont adore the pink sapphire band from BGD for reasons stated above. Just to throw another into the mix, I love this ring by Anatra Jewels: http://www.anatrajewel.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=AJ&Product_Code=cro-200-r001838-rb-w-&Category_Code=R

They have the prettiest stuff there, and the prices arent half bad...Check out the "rings" section for some great ideas....I've totally bookmarked this site for (future) use!!!!
2.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Oops tried to upload a pic, but apparently it didnt work!!!
3.gif

pp#1.jpg

mtjoya

Brilliant_Rock
Dani-Thanks, That''s a very pretty ring! What I also was thinking of going with ID jewelry and sticking with a diamond eternity band or something with no color in it. But I am very fickle. I will like one thing one day and a different one the next!
3.gif

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
I think that the pink is beautiful, but I can understand where Traveling Gal is coming from. Sadly people have taken pink and turned it into costume looking jewelry. I would think that the quality of the diamonds and craftmanship would show through with the BG piece and that the pink would look stunning! I''ve actually been eyeballing that piece for my anniversary - so don''t forget to post photos!
9.gif

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it''s lovely and I wish I had one. Or two since I have 2 girls and one of them was a September baby. I don''t mind the pink at all.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Mtjoya, I''m sure that if you like the BGD band but don''t want it to be quite so shocking pink, they could source a lighter shade for you. I''ve actually been thinking of asking about getting a lighter shade of blue (no babies in the works for me, but it''s one of the things I''m debating as a graduation present). Definitely worth inquiring, just to get an idea of all your options!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results