shape
carat
color
clarity

Purple Spinel

imallcanadian

Rough_Rock
20210506_185459.jpg

A total newbie to spinel - I was originally looking at purple sapphire, but it's out of my budget so I found some cushion shaped spinels. Which do you like the best? Would love feedback - good and bad. I like sparkle and lustre.
Also if you have any ring setting ideas that would be great. I go back and forth about wanting a halo. I definitely want milgrain, but other than that Im not sure what I want (solitaire, 3 stone etc).

Thank you!

briolette

Shiny_Rock
Frankly, a spinel is more sparkly anyway, so I think you did good! I like the middle or bottom right. I think a classic 3 stone setting with cushion sides would look nice.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bottom right for me as it has the best saturation and a good cut. As for settings I think that depends on the one you go for. I like ovals with halos and also in 3 stone rings but it depends on the proportion of the centre stone.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lower right has the strongest saturation and best cut. However, it is not the shade for me. It leans towards pink. I prefer the colour of the lower left if it has stronger intensity.

imallcanadian

Rough_Rock
thanks everyone for your input!

nutellakitty

Shiny_Rock
Trade
You need picture took on the seller's palm to get the real color. Purple spinels are very tricky to buy. The real pure purple or violet color is more expensive than the regular ones.
You may end up with greyish or blackish pieces.

imallcanadian

Rough_Rock
You need picture took on the seller's palm to get the real color. Purple spinels are very tricky to buy. The real pure purple or violet color is more expensive than the regular ones.
You may end up with greyish or blackish pieces.

thank you for the information. Would you say that's accurate to do for all spinels or only purples?

nutellakitty

Shiny_Rock
Trade
thank you for the information. Would you say that's accurate to do for all spinels or only purples?

It applies to all pieces. I feel the more desirable colors/tones are more tricky. If it have grayish tone or brownish tone is easy to tell from pictures on the palm.

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
If it were my money I would be contrary to the other opinions :lol-2: and buy the upper left stone. The one on the lower right has a gorgeous color and tone but it looks like it has a bit of a milky haze to it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results