shape
carat
color
clarity

Purchasing my dress on Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Yep, this is a pointless post with no linkies or pictures, but I have decided on a dress and putting down a deposit on Saturday!!!

It's a gorgeous gown from Linda Gorringe Couture in Melbourne and it's my perfect dream dress. Except for the price! It's Ready To Wear *supposedly* but they will do a calico first and then make the dress to my measurements. I can alter the neckline *from straps to sweetheart* and extend the train a bit and change the beading to whereever I want. It's going to be perfect!!!!

I had originally wanted to spend $2k but this is $3k, but I am justifying it by:

1. we have been together for 13 years nearly - divide the cost of gown by the years - not so expensive anymore
41.gif

2. it will have inbuilt bra cups so savings there as I won't need to buy a special bra

3. despite being their ready to wear line and not the couture line, I will have a calico made first and this will almost remove any alterations needed later and if I still need them, they will be minor and much cheaper

4. My Mum, MIL and sister offered to throw in some money to bring it down to the 2.5k mark so FI would be happier about the price

5. I just want it!!!!
9.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
6.gif
YAY, I just had a look at her website and she does have beautiful gowns, is yours featured on there?

Congrats hun, this is really exciting :D

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can''t wait to see it!!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
OOOO!!!!!!!! I''m very excited for you!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Wooohoooo Honey!!
35.gif
35.gif
Can''t wait to see how it turns out!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Yay! You must show us what it looks like
9.gif

supergirl10

Shiny_Rock
ohh that sound so great, so very exciting. I cannot wait to see the dress. I have also looked up her website. Do you mind me asking which dress it is that you are purchasing?

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Woohoo! That''s so exciting! I loved ordering my dress! Post pics from the site if you can-I''d love to see it.

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
YAY
36.gif
cant wait to see pics honey!!! Linda Gorringe has beautiful stuff, i would always take a surrepticious glance up at her windows in the block arcade when id walk past... ooohhh i really cant wait to see it
30.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Sounds amazing!! Can''t wait to see pics
9.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
No fair, Honey! When do we get to see pics???!!
31.gif

I''m so happy for you and love your justification. Pls don''t mind if I steal a few of those to use myself!
17.gif

I can''t wait to see your gorgeous dress!! Congrats on finding "the" one!
36.gif

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/15/2009 4:46:07 AM
Author:honey22
I had originally wanted to spend $2k but this is $3k, but I am justifying it by:

1. we have been together for 13 years nearly - divide the cost of gown by the years - not so expensive anymore
41.gif

2. it will have inbuilt bra cups so savings there as I won't need to buy a special bra

3. despite being their ready to wear line and not the couture line, I will have a calico made first and this will almost remove any alterations needed later and if I still need them, they will be minor and much cheaper

4. My Mum, MIL and sister offered to throw in some money to bring it down to the 2.5k mark so FI would be happier about the price

5. I just want it!!!!
9.gif
LMAO, I don't think there's any better justification than this
36.gif
I'm so excited for you, Honey! I can't wait to see pix!

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Your list made me laugh and laugh.

I can''t wait to see it. How exciting!

Judah Gutwein

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Sounds amazing..truly a milestone for you and good luck!

I remember well the hunt for the perfect gown for my lw.
It''s as if time came to a halt and all of the cosmos were aligned to find that singular wedding dress....

Do men spends as much time and effort on the tux??? don''t think so.
In fact, some of us guys are so clueless, we''d probably show up in boxers if not for our better halves!! !
emteeth.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results