shape
carat
color
clarity

Purchased Diamond Studs from Macy''s Due to Error in Price

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few years ago, I made a withdrawal from my bank account and noticed (after I already got home) that they gave me $15.00 too much...I called the bank and returned the money.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Assuming the grading matches the certificates, you got a deal. But let me say I consider it questionable to say the least. They might have been only $1300 - but I could bet they actually cost a lost-job.
15.gif

Anthony K

Rough_Rock
I cannot understand how you can condemn this man when so many of you backed up gutman.
How can you possibly say one is right and one is wrong? THEY ARE BOTH WRONG. They both knowingly got something for a price they shouldn’t have and the both tried to believe that they where morally inclined to do so, that this behavior is somehow ok and acceptably.

And don’t think that the girl who made the error will get a slap on the wrist, she will more likely than not get fired. I worked with a girl that made a similar mistake but with less than $1300 involved and they absolutely fired her butt. With a company like Macy''s they probably have 15 people lined up to take her position.

The bottom line is that 2 people really got there items for a "steal" and very likely cost 2 people there job, now they will have the fun experience of making late payments while trying to find another job, having to explain why on the application in the last 5 years they were fired from a previous employer, but none of that matters really. What is really important is that

cpster

Brilliant_Rock
It''s all computerized at the Macys around me too. Who made the mistake... I''m not sure. Did the salesperson have to manually apply the 40% plus 10% off? If not then it''s Macys fault. It was strange that none of the other associates involved in the original transaction noticed the error. Maybe the earrings were mis-labled as a Super Buy? Would I make an effort to point this out to the salesperson at the time of purchase? I''m not sure. I''m sure Macys still made a profit off of the earrings.

It would suck though if the salesperson lost their job though.

As far as the question of quality, I don''t think I would keep them even at the price you got them for. I built my own pair of .84 carats total weight J/VS2 AGS 0 earrings set in three prong platinum martinis for around $1400 or $1500...can''t remember the exact cost.

You mentioned in your post that the cut quality was only a good I think.

Anthony K

Rough_Rock
They got a terrific bargain.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wonder if the saleswoman who is loosing her job is Gutman's fiance.
37.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/28/2006 4:16:48 PM
Author: kenny
I wonder if the saleswoman who is loosing her job is Gutman''s fiance.
38.gif

Bosie

Shiny_Rock
To all you PSers codemning the author, let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/28/2006 4:29:42 PM
Author: Bosie
To all you PSers codemning the author, let he who is without sin cast the first stone.
He clearly asked for our objective opinion. It is only appropriate for us to share our thoughts/opinions. both good and bad. After all, one''s action impacts the rest of society in the long run.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Gutman''s case is totally different. Gutman had no idea a mistake was made til the vendor told him 2 weeks after the fact. He did not gloat over how he had fooled them, he took a lot of time to think about how to handle his fiance''s happiness vs. the mistake.

DH knew it was wrong, while it was taking place. Then, remarkably, tried to return the earrings to get a better pair.
23.gif

No comparison.

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
face8.gif

Date: 9/28/2006 4:18:56 PM
Author: Mara

Date: 9/28/2006 4:16:48 PM
Author: kenny
I wonder if the saleswoman who is loosing her job is Gutman''s fiance.
38.gif
face5.gif
DITTO.
face5.gif
38.gif
38.gif
38.gif
38.gif
38.gif
38.gif
38.gif
38.gif
38.gif
38.gif
38.gif
38.gif
38.gif
38.gif
38.gif
38.gif
38.gif
38.gif
38.gif
38.gif

tina sparkle

Shiny_Rock

i''m a firm believer in karma, if you let this happen without speaking up, it will come back to you threefold (and not in a good way).

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/28/2006 4:39:47 PM
Author: Beacon
Gutman''s case is totally different. Gutman had no idea a mistake was made til the vendor told him 2 weeks after the fact. He did not gloat over how he had fooled them, he took a lot of time to think about how to handle his fiance''s happiness vs. the mistake.

DH knew it was wrong, while it was taking place. Then, remarkably, tried to return the earrings to get a better pair.
23.gif

No comparison.
Ditto!!!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t care much for karma corn.

It gets stuck in my teeth.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
This situation is much different than the earlier one. Two people coming to a business arrangement is HONORABLE. Stop bashing that guy!

And ... BTW

PEOPLE WHO ARE THE VICTIMS OF MISTAKES DO NOT "COST PEOPLE THEIR JOBS" ... EmployERS decide who to keep, who to fire, how to proceed. If they are the type of company/boss/manager to fire a person after a single mistake ... that''s a job that''s gonna be lost ANYWAY. Because, guess what, PEOPLE MAKE MISTAKES ALL THE TIME.

29.gif

Oh, but mistake-makers should roam free, unaccountable, depending on "the kindness of strangers" to not only catch their errors as they make them, but bend over backwards ... if many of you have your way AT THEIR OWN EXPENCE & HARM & DETRIMENT ... to mimimize the *harm* created by the original mistake. AS IF THAT''LL SAVE ANYONE''S JOB ..
20.gif

CaptAubrey

Brilliant_Rock
I''m calling BS on this.

Macy''s does not operate the jewelry counters in its stores, so no one "from corporate" would have come down to approve the sale. Those counters are rented and operated by Finlay Fine Jewelry, which runs about 1000 similar counters in most big department stores. Macy''s just collects the rent.

http://www.finlayenterprises.com/ireye/ir_site.zhtml?ticker=fnly&script=2100

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/28/2006 6:29:17 PM
Author: CaptAubrey
I''m calling BS on this.

Macy''s does not operate the jewelry counters in its stores, so no one ''from corporate'' would have come down to approve the sale. Those counters are rented and operated by Finlay Fine Jewelry, which runs about 1000 similar counters in most big department stores. Macy''s just collects the rent.

http://www.finlayenterprises.com/ireye/ir_site.zhtml?ticker=fnly&script=2100
Now that I''ve thought about it a little more, I think you''re probably right.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results