shape
carat
color
clarity

Pumpkin carving?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Whoa Flopkins--I love them all but Wallace and Gromit are my faves!!!! Wish I had thought of that, but I took the less labour intensive route this year and did scary faces, stars and spiders.

cheers--Sharon

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Here''s ours! My son carved it--he was so proud. All I had was one of those tall Yankee candles, which is apple scented. So, when hubby saw it, he said, I smelled some kind of fruity pumpkin pie-that''s where it came from? The glass is so tall it''s directing all the heat straight up. I''ll have it all cooked by the end of trick or treating! Sadly, I don''t think we''ll get many kids. I bought tons of Reeses though--so I know what I''ll be eating 24/7...hard to know when you are new to an area how much to buy...ya know?

jackolansmall.JPG

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oaky, these are not lit, but I don''t have the energy to go retake the pictures! This one is by my son:

Halloween 2006 008.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Youngest daughter did the little cat by herself.

Halloween 2006 009.jpg

chellebelle

Shiny_Rock
Wow everyone''s pumpkins look soooo great! I wish I had better carving skills! Now, this is probably "cheating", but I painted my pumpkin. I left the carving to Robbie! But now after looking at everyone''s, I''m kinda wishing I would''ve carved mine instead.
40.gif
Anyways, I surprised Robbie by painting him a Seahawks pumpkin since he is a huge fan and then I painted a little pumpkin for Sophie. Well technically it is a "gourd" as Robbie likes to correct me.
20.gif
(Who knew? It looks like a miniature pumpkin!) Anyways, all these jack-o-lanterns look amazing, I think I may have to give in and carve one for fun!
Have a wonderful night and a Happy Halloween.
1.gif

hawkpumpkin018smallqn9.jpg

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE pumpkins!
30.gif

Normally, I spend an obscene amount of money on pumpkins each Halloween, but this year I got lucky; FI is working in central PA, so he has brought me back a ton of them from the farms out there.

I had to carve them all this afternoon, but I got three big ones and three little ones done. Of course, I have only had TWO trick-or-treaters so far, but I still think it is worth it. Halloween is my favorite holiday, after all.

As much as I love carving pumpkins, I apparently suck at photographing them. I couldn''t get any good pictures of the cute little ones I put out on my front fence posts, but I have some slightly-more-visible ones of the others...

My favorite this year...

fatafelice pumpkin1.jpg

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
with and without flash of another one...

fatafelice pumpkin2.jpg

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
last one...I have a flashing battery light in it, so it was impossible to get a dark pic...but it is a really misshapen pumpkin (FI''s favorite) and I tried to make the giant bump on top look like a furrowed brow.

grrrrrr....angry pumpkin!

fatafelice pumpkin3.jpg

chellebelle

Shiny_Rock
Okay so I got a not-so-good pic of Robbie's pumpkin. I couldn't leave him out since he carved the acutal real jack-o-lantern! It's supposed to have crossbones, but he gave up and said to call them "ears".
37.gif

And Sophie is quite curious of this large orange thing on the living room floor....
1.gif

hawkpumpkin027smallxc9.jpg

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s my pumpkin that I did today. I hope it''s not considered cheating because I used a stencil design from a book. I DID carve it myself!

My pumpkin 10-31-06.jpg

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
I did three pumpkins for our patio.
Here is the first one for Boomer.
1.gif

Puppy Pumpkin small.jpg

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
Here is the smiley one:

Smiley Pumpkin small.jpg

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
Here is our scared one:

Scared Pumpkin small.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awesome pumpkin SuzyQZ!!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/1/2006 5:03:32 PM
Author: FireGoddess
Awesome pumpkin SuzyQZ!!
Thank you FireGoddess.
I got 3rd prize in our neighborhood pumpkin carving contest. 1st prize went to a 12 year old girl who carved a really cute racoon with cute big eyes! I was happy with my "Igor's brew" and my 3rd place prize.... A $25 Starbucks card! Yeah, I was way happy with that!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
I am so happy to see all the great pumpkins! They all turned out great, and for those who asked if it was cheating to use a stencil, NO! It''s awesome. I love the jack-o-lanterns -- it''s one of my fave Halloween things.

I''ve got a couple to share, though I didn''t have time to learn to use my new tools. I did use them, but I need A LOT more practice.

catlantern.JPG

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Some of our neighbors decorated their garage and dressed up to give the kids candy. It was really well done and I wish my pictures were a little better, but three nights with 12 hours total sleep does not make for good photography.
face4.gif

halloweengarage1.JPG

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a close up of part of their display.

halloweengarage2.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results