shape
carat
color
clarity

Public vs. Private

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bfready

Rough_Rock
Just when I thought I was well on my way to designing the perfect proposal idea for us, GF was telling me how cute she thinks public proposals are. She talked about people who get engaged at sporting events specifically. While I also think the jumbotron engagements are cute, I feel that people who do that should be hardcore fans of the team with season tickets or some real connection to the event - like it was their first date. GF is very private in showing affection. I don''t think she''d get mad, but I think she''d feel awkward being in that position.

So two questions:
1. Generally, what are your thoughts on public proposals?
2. Do public proposals make you feel awkward yourself when you''re in the audience witnessing them?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I HATE public proposals myself, but I know many women that do love them. I think they''re awkward for everyone and I wouldn''t want my private moment shared, but that is just me.

If she says it''s cute, then she might be hinting to you that she likes them, so I would say it is probably safe. But if YOU don''t like them, don''t do one. Trust me, no girl in her right mind is going to complain about any kind of proposal as long as you put some heart into it!

bfready

Rough_Rock
I should have said that it''s not something I''d consider. I don''t think she''ll end up telling grandkids that it was a nice proposal, but not as nice as if he''d done it during a timeout at the hockey game.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do whatever makes YOU comfortable and she will be absolutely thrilled. As long as you put some effort and thought into it (which it certainly sounds like you are) she will love it.

golden

Shiny_Rock
I think if your girlfriend is talking about these public proposals, she is doing it for a reason.
Do you go to sporting events often or something similar that is a public event?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results