shape
carat
color
clarity

PT update

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
last PT session because she don''t have anything else to try.
basically said it might get better with time might not.
didn''t have any other ideas for me to try.

Job hunt not going well finding something I can do at this point.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d hold on till you see your doc on the 21st. I really hope it will improve with time. I know how frustrated you are. I know I would be too. But think good thoughts, and keep moving it. I''d hate to see it freeze up. And as far as work is concerned what about some kind of Temp work, in the mean time?? HUGS!!!

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2007 3:10:11 PM
Author:strmrdr

So sorry for the disappointing news from your PT. At least she didn''t say that this is as good as you can expect it to get; I hope she''s right about time being the best healer.

I also wish that things were going better on the job search.

As always, you and wifey2b are in my prayers.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2007 3:22:45 PM
Author: isaku5

So sorry for the disappointing news from your PT. At least she didn''t say that this is as good as you can expect it to get; I hope she''s right about time being the best healer.

Me too. Lots of hugs and prayers.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock

maybe you need to move closer to the border ;-) :)

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sending positive thoughts, prayers and hugs your way....
12.gif
Hang in there!!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dang Strm, I''m really hoping she''s wrong and there is something else you can do to help repair that arm faster. Can you shoot with your left? Hee he, just kidding, Wifey2Be don''t beat me up now. Seriously, though, you''re young, I''m sure there is hope that you will still recover at least most use of your arm. Here''s hoping you find some work in the meantime...
embeer.gif
Take care and good luck.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Hang in there Storm.Your PT was at least honest with you and did not try to cash on extra visits.don''t forget that time is a healer too.Take it easy ,try to stay optymistic and hopefully things will improve with time.Stay positive...

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t know all the details on your surgery, but I do have a related and somewhat funny story about injuries/surgery that might make you feel better.

A good friend of mine had a few too many drinks one night and entered into an arm wrestling tournament at a bar where I live. He''s a big guy so he ended up arm wrestling an even bigger guy. The guy snapped the bone b/t his shoulder and elbow and becuase of nerve damage he lost almost all the use of his right (dominant) arm and hand. Plus he was a house painter with no insurance, so you can imagine how freaked out he was. However, after months and months he regained use of his hand and arm and he suffers no real ill effects now. Plus the guys that owned the bar paid for his hospital bill, rent, etc. while he was out of work. (I think they realized they were extremely liable and they''re just nice guys!)

So the moral of the story is...sometimes time really does heal all wounds. (The other moral being: maybe you shouldn''t enter arm wrestling tournaments when you''re tipsy!) The human body is still somewhat a mystery, you know? And doctors/physical therapists/psychologists don''t really know everything.

Good luck with the job search and I hope your arm improves! Oh-this might be a dumb/obvious question, but have you ever thought about trying to get a job in the jewelry/diamond business?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks everyone.
had kinda a rocky day yesterday but hopefully today will be better.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2007 12:38:16 AM
Author: thing2of2
I don't know all the details on your surgery, but I do have a related and somewhat funny story about injuries/surgery that might make you feel better.

A good friend of mine had a few too many drinks one night and entered into an arm wrestling tournament at a bar where I live. He's a big guy so he ended up arm wrestling an even bigger guy. The guy snapped the bone b/t his shoulder and elbow and becuase of nerve damage he lost almost all the use of his right (dominant) arm and hand. Plus he was a house painter with no insurance, so you can imagine how freaked out he was. However, after months and months he regained use of his hand and arm and he suffers no real ill effects now. Plus the guys that owned the bar paid for his hospital bill, rent, etc. while he was out of work. (I think they realized they were extremely liable and they're just nice guys!)

So the moral of the story is...sometimes time really does heal all wounds. (The other moral being: maybe you shouldn't enter arm wrestling tournaments when you're tipsy!) The human body is still somewhat a mystery, you know? And doctors/physical therapists/psychologists don't really know everything.

Good luck with the job search and I hope your arm improves! Oh-this might be a dumb/obvious question, but have you ever thought about trying to get a job in the jewelry/diamond business?
Whats kinda funny(in a sick way) is I know someone who tore a tendon doing the same thing under the same conditions.

Yea iv talked to some people in the trade, locally all that's available is counter sales and its not something I'm very good at.
Internet sales Id be kicken at but face to face I'm too shy.

wifey2b

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/13/2007 11:49:04 PM
Author: monarch64
Dang Strm, I''m really hoping she''s wrong and there is something else you can do to help repair that arm faster. Can you shoot with your left? Hee he, just kidding, Wifey2Be don''t beat me up now. Seriously, though, you''re young, I''m sure there is hope that you will still recover at least most use of your arm. Here''s hoping you find some work in the meantime...
embeer.gif
Take care and good luck.
2.gif
No need to beat you up ... giggle...other hand
2.gif
besides...I''d be there right beside me giggle

wifey2b

Brilliant_Rock

Thank you Isabel - hugs :} We sure can use them....it is so hard not to get under all of this...makes us wonder some days what we have done so bad that God isn''t working all this out real fast for us...oh well - better days have got to come - we thot 2006 was the worse...I just pray 2007 don''t get more worse...sigh

wifey2b

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/13/2007 10:54:37 PM
Author: Skippy123

Me too. Lots of hugs and prayers.
Thank you Chippy Skippy - you always make me smile...giggle :} You are always chipper...something I used to be..I just hope it comes back...it always does when I''m with my sweetie :}

wifey2b

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/13/2007 11:12:42 PM
Author: Cehrabehra

maybe you need to move closer to the border ;-) :)
giggle - which one? giggle ;}

wifey2b

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/13/2007 11:14:55 PM
Author: Kaleigh
12.gif
Hang in there!!!
I think he feels like he is, but with his fingernails now :{:{:{ Come on Lisa - we gots to cheer my honey up big time :} And that will cheer me up :} HUGS

wifey2b

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/14/2007 3:45:06 AM
Author: strmrdr

Date: 3/14/2007 12:38:16 AM
Author: thing2of2
I don''t know all the details on your surgery, but I do have a related and somewhat funny story about injuries/surgery that might make you feel better.

A good friend of mine had a few too many drinks one night and entered into an arm wrestling tournament at a bar where I live. He''s a big guy so he ended up arm wrestling an even bigger guy. The guy snapped the bone b/t his shoulder and elbow and becuase of nerve damage he lost almost all the use of his right (dominant) arm and hand. Plus he was a house painter with no insurance, so you can imagine how freaked out he was. However, after months and months he regained use of his hand and arm and he suffers no real ill effects now. Plus the guys that owned the bar paid for his hospital bill, rent, etc. while he was out of work. (I think they realized they were extremely liable and they''re just nice guys!)

So the moral of the story is...sometimes time really does heal all wounds. (The other moral being: maybe you shouldn''t enter arm wrestling tournaments when you''re tipsy!) The human body is still somewhat a mystery, you know? And doctors/physical therapists/psychologists don''t really know everything.

Whats kinda funny(in a sick way) is I know someone who tore a tendon doing the same thing under the same conditions.

Yea iv talked to some people in the trade, locally all that''s available is counter sales and its not something I''m very good at.
Internet sales Id be kicken at but face to face I''m too shy.
If we could just get some sortta business - I am not too bad at retail/counter sales...love working with people and that kidda work...and my Honey would be great with the Ineternet Sales...but if we could just get someone to have the business - then we could run it - giggle :}....wonder if Strm would get tired of me after a while - what with working and living with me - giggle...besides
31.gif
I could keep an eye on what I was gonna be benefitting with - giggle
17.gif

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Sending positive thoughts your way.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Storm, This doesn''t make any sense to me. I think I would be looking for a different PT. My daughter is a softball pitcher and had extensive shoulder surgery in the beginning of last August. She had rotator cuff surgery and had to have every ligament, tendon and muscle in her pitching shoulder shortened because she had pitched so much and everything had stretched so much that her shoulder would dislocate in any direction at the touch of a thumb. She has gone to PT 3 times a week since August and is still going 3 times a week. She has just started back throwing this month and is back on track to pitch this upcoming summer. She has 90 - 95% of her range back and they believe the final bit will return once she is fully pitching again. She had a very rough time getting back but there was never a time her PT said there was nothing that could be done. My daughter does see a sports related PT, though. I wonder if that would make a difference?

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Storm I am very sorry to hear that things are not going well on the job front or with your physical therapy. I know this must be an extremely frustrating time for you and I can only send you good wishes for things to come. I do agree with Michelle though that I would get a second opinion from another therapist.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2007 8:59:00 AM
Author: wifey2b

12.gif
Hang in there!!!
I think he feels like he is, but with his fingernails now :{:{:{ Come on Lisa - we gots to cheer my honey up big time :} And that will cheer me up :} HUGS
I''m trying wifey!!!!!
3.gif
You keep your chin up too!!!
35.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
I see the doctor on the 21st and will ask him what he thinks about additional PT.

wifey2b

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/14/2007 11:09:46 AM

Date: 3/14/2007 8:59:00 AM
Author: wifey2b

12.gif
Hang in there!!!
I''m trying wifey!!!!!
3.gif
You keep your chin up too!!!
35.gif
Thanks Lisa - you''re such a sweetie :}

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results