shape
carat
color
clarity

Psst...sewers

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

someday

Rough_Rock
I live in the DC metro area and I am looking for some really cheap places to buy fabric,trims,etc (I have already checked Walmart, gstreet,joanns) Do you know of anyplaces to buy from...discount stores or factories or mills/plant? I am willing to drive to places..Please help me

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
I don't have an answer to your question, but I thought this thread was about the sewers in the street that carry sewage
9.gif

someday

Rough_Rock
How do I change the title of the post

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
LOL ! sewers!! sewage, that cracked me up!

Well, since I sew, i took it the right way.
Here is a pretty good resource:

http://www.costume-con.org/resource.shtml

For cheap stuff, try Blank''s:

Blank''s Fabric
6709-A Whitestone Road
Woodlawn
(410) 944-0040
Hours: M-Sat 9:30-5:30; Th 9:30-8
Directions: 695 West to Security Boulevard. Bear right on Security Boulevard. Turn left on Whitehead Road. Turn left on Whitestone Road.
Comments: Fashion, quilting, bridal, costuming, set design and home furnishing fabric. Wide variety of remnants. (GSL)

Blank''s doesn''t have the greatest selection, but what they have is priced well.

For nicer stuff, try G Street:

http://www.gstreetfabrics.com/

G Street has beautiful high-end fabrics and and they have a 25% off sale every now & then (there is one going on now).
I got the lace & silk for my wedding dress there and it was BEAUTIFUL!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/12/2006 3:35:46 PM
Author: lizz
I don''t have an answer to your question, but I thought this thread was about the sewers in the street that carry sewage
9.gif

lol me 2... i was like hmmmm teanage mutant ninja turtles on PS?

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
can''t help you with the question but i took it the right way also.....perhaps because i used my sewing machine last friday.

movie zombie

someday

Rough_Rock
26.gif
I am glad that I am not the only one who thought sewers were for people who sew, but when I asked my husband this morning he thought of sewege too. He is always amazed how I got a masters degree when I cannot spell...and I always say spell checker.
31.gif

someday

Rough_Rock
And maybe mad English too, because it should be "I reply spell checker" OOOPPSS

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
So what are you working on, someday? I love to dream up projects and sew them, though lately I don''t have much time for it.

I actually went to a tailor for the first time last week, to have him complete a project that has gathered too much dust.

someday

Rough_Rock
I am working on a lot of projects at the moment. My husband and I are at a stand still in our life (we are wanting for our house to sell and we cannot move on to the next part of our life till it does) thus I have taken on projects to keep me sane. I sew Home Dec projects...right now I am working on a duvet and shams and pillows. I am also the type of person who loves good deals so I like looking for stores that have great prices on fabric and crafting items. I have found a store in Cumberland MD that I got fabric for 25 Cents a yard. So I am looking out for good stuff and want more stores with great buys soo share your secrets with me, please.
Also I have found a stone that is an EXCELLENT buy and I WANT IT, but husband says no because we are moving and really we cannot afford it. I wish I could tell, but I don''t want anyone to have it.
31.gif
41.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OOps I thought it was about SEWERS too
emembarrassed.gif
I do beg your pardon Someday!

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
What other sorts of sewing have you done? any clothing?
I have been looking through craigslist for someone who sews. I responded to one listing but she never got back to me.
Do you ever list your services on craigslist?

I am working with a tailor right now but I think he is too expensive for what I really want...
Tell All !!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results