• Poll closed .

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:shhh:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not sure these votes are truly anonymous, so I am not voting. However, that is partly because I have to wait until election day to see what crazy stuff happens before then.

sstephensid

Shiny_Rock
This is the most tremendous poll I've ever seen. Huge. My friend, a very important person, told me all about this poll. It is amazing. The biggest ever.

Wait? Donald trump is not winning?

Rigged I tell you :twirl: some nasty woman did it. Or perhaps a bad hombre :angryfire:

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Trump sure left fast last night after the debate.

He knew he royally sc*ewed up when she said he would not honor the results of the election.

I thought at the end his head was going to explode.

And one of the commentators who spoke last night is correct. Trump does repeat himself over and over again.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sstephensid|1476981370|4088935 said:
This is the most tremendous poll I've ever seen. Huge. My friend, a very important person, told me all about this poll. It is amazing. The biggest ever.

On a forum with 78% liberals? I don't think so... :bigsmile:

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Dancing Fire|1476982964|4088951 said:

I am a conservative in most cases, and Trump starting out doing OK, but he just shoots himself in the foot every time.

sstephensid

Shiny_Rock
ruby59|1476983255|4088954 said:
Dancing Fire|1476982964|4088951 said:

I am a conservative in most cases, and Trump starting out doing OK, but he just shoots himself in the foot every time.

I agree he started out ok. I didn't agree with most of what he was saying, but I'm sure it appealed to conservatives. He was calm. Because if his erratic behavior previously, that by itself meant he was doing great.

But he can't hold it together for more than 45 minutes or so.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sstephensid|1476991731|4088998 said:
But he can't hold it together for more than 45 minutes or so.

So, we should elect Trump ... as long as we shorten term limits to 45 minutes or so.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I usually vote early (and often, I'm in Chicago) but I'm waiting till the last minute in case we get lucky and someone (either one) drops dead.

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I turned in my ballot on Monday. Anyone else vote early?

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maria D|1477011534|4089085 said:

Same here!!

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
Not at all surprised by these results.

PS is generally populated by intelligent, educated and open-minded people, whereas Trump's support base appears largely to comprise uneducated bigots.

Of course, I am sure there are exceptions to this, but this is my view as someone from the outside looking in.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1477013619|4089095 said:
Maria D|1477011534|4089085 said:

Same here!!

Me three!

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Trekkie|1477038729|4089181 said:

PS is generally populated by intelligent, educated and open-minded people, whereas Trump's support base appears largely to comprise uneducated bigots.

Of course, I am sure there are exceptions to this, but this is my view as someone from the outside looking in.

Do you fail to see your own bigotry :confused:
I actually do know a handful of Trump supporters (those who have outwardly admitted to being a supporter) and they are not uneducated bigots (they are college-educated, intelligent, and open-minded).
Are there Trump supporters that are uneducated bigots? Absolutely. Just like there are Hillary supporters that are uneducated bigots.
I disagree that most Trump supporters are uneducated bigots and I think if you feel that way, then you are also participating in your very own form of bigotry.
It's sad that we can't just allow people to have their own political opinions. Live and let live. I am not a Hillary supporter, but I respect the right of others to support her if that's who they choose to support. I am also not a Trump supporter, but again, I wouldn't spite someone for supporting him if that what they choose to do.
I can't wait until this election is over. Politics has made people so divisive and the media is (mostly) to blame.
I agree with you that PS has some wonderful, intelligent people and I'm not attacking you, Trekkie =) I just don't care to condemn an entire group of people simply based on their political beliefs. I think that there are some good people who are Hillary supporters and some good people that are trump supporters and at the end of the day, we're all in this together.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trekkie|1477038729|4089181 said:

I live in a prominent "college town" and most of my friends are in education or law enforcement (aside from my hippy crunchy friends), and I'm shocked at some of my own friends who have been loud about their support for Trump. Like, people who attended gay pride day with me and who I've had very deep conversations with about reproductive rights for women.

It's like all reasoning went out the window and they love the celebrity of it. These are college educated people living in a very progressive area, talking like they stay inside watching Fox all day.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
It's all subjective and people see/hear/believe what they want to see/hear/believe. That's the thing about political opinions/beliefs. Some people truly believe that all reasoning goes out the window if you support/vote Trump and some people think all reasoning goes out the window if you support/vote Clinton. What can't we just respect the fact that we choose to support/vote for candidates for different reasons and be okay with that? I have lots of friends that support (and will vote for) both candidates and while I might not agree with them, they are still my friends. I have made a choice to vote only in my local elections (and I know others who plan to do this as well), but if someone chooses a different path, then I'm okay with that because this is the system (and the candidates) we are stuck with. I understand that people have to choose A, B, or C (Clinton, Trump,or other, which might include not voting, write-in, etc.) and that making those choices can be a complex process.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1477060937|4089249 said:
What can't we just respect the fact that we choose to support/vote for candidates for different reasons and be okay with that?

momhappy this is not possible for some people. I respect their right to have their opinion and it makes them feel better I imagine. It is sad really that someone needs to do this to feel better about themselves. We should pity them. I love my friends no matter their political beliefs and even this election has not changed that. Our society will not cease to exist nor can it become much worse IMO if either candidate wins. I am not clutching my pearls with my hand on my forehead falling on a fainting couch. It will go on and likely nothing will change either way.

As always that is JMHO.

:wavey:

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been very clear that I don't care who you vote for as long as you aren't making hate based decisions designed to oppress others. No pearl clutching here, thank you very much Redwood.

I DO find it concerning when I ask "What specific potential policies of Trump's would win your vote?" and hear "Well, he says it how it is and I respect that. Someone has to stop ISIS from invading us through the Mexican border."

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And I don't care who you vote for - a scheming liar or an orange buffoon or an alien from Mars. But I do not feel the need to "call out" people with a different opinion than me. Some people feel that need.

As for your comment on immigration, millions of people have concerns about the porous border to the south, as do I. Nothing has been done about it in decades despite the concerns.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
LOL. Feeling ready for this election to be over and HRC to win already. Can't wait for all of the "Obama did it!!" people to switch over to "Hillary did it!!"; that will be funny to watch.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Elliot86|1477065824|4089283 said:
I've been very clear that I don't care who you vote for as long as you aren't making hate based decisions designed to oppress others. No pearl clutching here, thank you very much Redwood.

I DO find it concerning when I ask "What specific potential policies of Trump's would win your vote?" and hear "Well, he says it how it is and I respect that. Someone has to stop ISIS from invading us through the Mexican border."

Btw Elliot - I enjoy your posts. Nice to see someone making sense without resorting to passive aggressive self righteousness.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
redwood66|1477066568|4089287 said:
And I don't care who you vote for - a scheming liar or an orange buffoon or an alien from Mars. But I do not feel the need to "call out" people with a different opinion than me. Some people feel that need.

As for your comment on immigration, millions of people have concerns about the porous border to the south, as do I. Nothing has been done about it in decades despite the concerns.

I also share your concerns about immigration and Bill Clinton did too in 1995. It even earned him a standing ovation....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3yesvvYEvs

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1477073677|4089324 said:

I also share your concerns about immigration and Bill Clinton did too in 1995. It even earned him a standing ovation....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3yesvvYEvs

Yes but apparently that does not make any sense. :lol:

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't believe I've ever addressed my personal opinion on border control issues so you wouldn't know what my concerns are, but ok. I'm convinced you just glance at my posts and think to respond rather than open up a dialogue.

Kath thanks! PSers are a smart crew. The politalk is much richer here than other fora I'm a member of.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elliot86|1477074657|4089329 said:
I don't believe I've ever addressed my personal opinion on border control issues so you wouldn't know what my concerns are, but ok. I'm convinced you just glance at my posts and think to respond rather than open up a dialogue.

You said this:

And I said this:

Am I not to discern from your post that you do not agree with your friend's views? My comment was to acknowledge that millions agree with your friend. If you want to have a conversation then lets have one. I have not seen that you welcome dialogue in all your previous posts though.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1477076319|4089339 said:
Elliot86|1477074657|4089329 said:

You said this:

And I said this:

Am I not to discern from your post that you do not agree with your friend's views? My comment was to acknowledge that millions agree with your friend. If you want to have a conversation then lets have one. I have not seen that you welcome dialogue in all your previous posts though.

Really? Millions believe that Isil is going to invade us by sneaking through the Mexican border? That is concerning. :think:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My personal comments are to the porous border, not ISIS specifically. But you likely knew that.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Redwood, I've been part of this particular conversation for months. I'm an opinionated person and I generally don't coat my responses in flowery or passive aggressive prose. I've never shied away from a conversation with anyone here, but I'm not interested in continuing to discuss my online tone with the handful of people it irks instead of talking politics.

Party Gypsy :lol:

sstephensid

Shiny_Rock
Why do I have to respect disrespectful opinions? You are legally allowed to say racist, misogynist, sexist, xenophobic etc., things. Free speech and all. But I am also entitled to believe you are not a decent human being for saying such things.

Therefore, when one supports a person who says all of the above things, I tend to believe you support those behaviors. That is not ok with me. This isn't a republican vs democrat situation for me. This is a matter of human decency and respect. If in my personal life, you supported a man or woman who talks and acts like Donald Trump I couldn't respect you. Why would I respect you trying to elect him?

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sheesh... Enough already. The question was - who do you plan to vote for. Many of us have responded to the poll. The results (so far) are not a surprise to me and I doubt they're a surprise to anyone who has spent time on this board recently. As a group, Hangout participants do skew left. I for one miss many of our more right-leaning friends. I have no idea who they'd be voting for, but I have a sneaking suspicion that some of them would surprise us. I know some people who will be voting for Trump in spite of all his negative, because of specific issues. I know people who will be voting for Clinton for similar reasons and with similar reservations. This year more than any other I recall, many people will be making decisions that are difficult for them when they vote. I respect the fact that they have been weighing their options and will be voting.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results