shape
carat
color
clarity

PSA: There are 240,000 tiny pieces of plastic...

B

Betty Baguette

...in 1 liter of bottled water. And they can get into your bloodstream, brain, and other organs. o_O

I'm always amazed when I see people living in areas with clean tap water loading case after case of bottled water into their shopping carts at Target, Walmart, Costco, etc. They're paying a small fortune to poison themselves and the environment with all this unnecessary plastic. :snooty:

Anyway, here's the story if you've missed it:

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Tap water contains nanoparticles of iron copper tin lead and plastics as well as sand and rock plus other minerals.
That is if everything works well, want some tap water in Flint Mi anyone?

The tap water here is super hard and very heavily chlorinated.
I cant drink it unless I filter it or it attacks my tummy.
I grew up on well water with no chlorine in it so have a low tolerance to it.

B

Betty Baguette

Tap water contains nanoparticles of iron copper tin lead and plastics as well as sand and rock plus other minerals.
That is if everything works well, want some tap water in Flint Mi anyone?

The tap water here is super hard and very heavily chlorinated.
I cant drink it unless I filter it or it attacks my tummy.
I grew up on well water with no chlorine in it so have a low tolerance to it.

Yeah, I agree, the days of pure tap water are gone (if it ever really was pure). But aside from cities like Flint, most scientists would probably concur that it's better to drink tap water (filtered if necessary) rather than bottled water.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i think bottled water is an enviromental disaster that should never have happened
i drink tap water, always have
local health dept's test tap water to make sure it is fit for human consumption

even here in our town when the water is very hard, it still tastes ok
the polularization of bottled water here around the turn of the century was lead by Coke a Cola, now we have much more rubbish lying around because a lot of people dont recycle3
thank goodness Gary has recently gone back to tap water, i feel very guilty about all the empty bottles he created that during the pandemic were unable to be recycled

Also it is depleting the ground water in some places, a plant was reasonalty stopped still in the planing stages in my town due to public outcry

sometimes it was just tap water in a plastic bottle, although we do have laws that make that illegal now

Last edited:

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven't purchased bottled water in years. I use a Brita. Not sure if that is good or not, but I use it as our tap water is very hard. I assume the Brita helps. Regardless, it tastes fine and I'm not buying all those plastic bottles.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The typical person probably doesn’t need to be drinking out of plastic disposable bottles all the time. But there is a need to keep clean water on hand in lots of places.

Idk. I have hydro flasks and Stanleys and people give me shit for using those. I also buy Patagonia clothing, a lot of which is made from recycled plastic.

I do the best I can.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I use filtered tap water at home but on the go will grab a bottle of water. Since I don't drink pop on the go anymore its a compromise I can live with.
You would think that 99.99% of scientists would say bottled water is better for you than pop.
Hey, I just created a fake statistic, just like the rest of them. lol

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I am lucky I consume alcohol so that flushes out all those bottled water particles.

cheers--Sharon

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven't purchased bottled water in years. ...

+1

I carry my own bottle everywhere.
Sorry it's not a prestigious designer name brand.
I fill it at my kitchen sink from my reverse osmosis filter.

I LOVE having an RO unit!!!!! :dance::dance::dance:
Initially, to buy, they ain't cheap to buy or something everyone could install themselves, but using water ALREADY delivered to your home via pipes is much greener and cheaper in the long run - unless your doctor has given you 18 months to live.

Plus, you won't be contributing to earth's exploding plastic crisis, or to diesel trucks belching climate-changing exhaust as they deliver trillions and trillions of tons of water (actually a heavy thing to ship in the volume we unnecesarily pay for) and "recycling" plastic ... much of it just ends up feeding sea life. :knockout:

Yes RO units use water to clean water, but I don't feel ashamed of using water to clean my body, clothes, or dishes.
IMO, and for me, RO filtered H2O from already home-delivered water is best.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't now enough about RO units. As I mentioned, I use a Britta so I may be ingesting these tiny particles from that, I don't know. But at least I'm not adding to the plastic waste. I've tried to cut back on much of these types of things.

B

Betty Baguette

We use an Aquasana under the sink unit to filter our drinking water. It's slightly less effective than an RO system, but excellent nonetheless.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't buy bottled water. I'm already paying for water coming into my tap at home.
Have you seen the huge stacks of 24-pack water in the grocery store?
When the pallets come off the truck, they are bound together with an additional layer of plastic, which comes off when they stack them on the sales floor! So much plastic!
And I don't think plastic gets recycled as much we'd like to think. A good deal of it ends up in landfills.
Imagine this going on in every grocery and warehouse store in the world. How much plastic is that??
Screenshot_20240110-075553~3.png

Screenshot_20240110-075553~4.png

I drink tap water, and I'm perfectly Ok with that.

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results