carat
color
clarity

PSA on bras and airports

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They make "travel bras"? :shock:

I wonder whether they make travel jock straps ... equal rights and all. ;))

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Eh. I go braless unless at work or if I’m worried about chafing. I don’t really care much if people can see the outline of my nipples at grocery stories or airports. They’re just nipples. Sometimes people look, and I pointedly look back at them, and then they stop. It probably is relevant that my general look is sort of goth punky and decidedly not trying to be fitting in so I think that makes harassing me about it seem less fun to people maybe? Too obvious that I won’t give a hoot or be embarrassed lol. Also I’m often in the company of a large 6’2 man, which is also deterrent for people to not make a fuss over anatomy.

Personally I think people should wear whatever makes them comfortable. What’s “distracting” is always arbitrary and subjective. In some cultures ankles and elbows are considered distracting. It might be that over time people in the US (where I live) will care less and less about nipple outlines. At least I hope so. There are better things to be concerned about in my opinion.

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, I have a wire-free bra specifically for traveling now, after getting pulled aside far too many times for additional screening/grope sesh. Certain European brands tend to be worse at setting off the detectors, based on my personal experiences.

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
Check this :

MjK1

Shiny_Rock
I used to travel a lot from Canada to Colorado, and TSA never failed to make the journey miserable. I have been yelled at, searched, questioned and rudely hassled. Sometimes reduced to tears by agents who think they are God. I have no problem with the safety measures, but the arrogance of some of them is not to be believed...than God I don't travel much anymore...and yes, the underwire in my bra always caused problems...

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I refuse to wear underwire so travel scanners are never an issue.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I get stopped for my shoes, never my bras (I don't do underwire bras)

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Once I had on a spanx style girdle and it triggered the scanner.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results