PSA, for the rare person who carries around a cellphone: Juicejacking

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last edited:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I carry a power bank to charge my phone from it.

DK :))

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:dance:Good. That's the link's 1th suggestion.

For the unwashed masses, and those who don't want to buy another gizmo to carry around, #4 sounds groovy.

SNIP
So if you're feeling freaked out, here are four ways to avoid getting juice jacked:
  1. Carry a portable battery charger of your own.
  2. Use a USB device called a data blocker that connects to your phone's charging cable.
  3. Use the wall plug-in socket to charge your phone.
  4. Completely power off your device before plugging it into a cellphone charging kiosk.

Last edited:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I carry a power bank with me if I am gone for longer than 4 hours.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I carry a power bank with me if I am gone for longer than 4 hours.

Care to share which power bank? I need a good one!

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
I also carry a power bank (Anker brand) when I am traveling or taking a day trips. It has it's own mesh bag, in which I store the USB charging cord for the power block (which also fits my Samsung phone) and a spare Apple cord. I will tuck in a wall charging plug if I am unsure there will be a USB charging port to recharge the power block.

Last edited:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Ann I carry different ones based on how long I will be away.
Short trip - 5k AH,
All day trip - 10k AH
Weekend trip - 20k AH

For super fast charging, I go for USB C but make sure you have the appropriate USB C (not USB A) cable. USB C is a bit limited in choices for now though.

Anker is a well trusted brand. I have the Anker 20K AH for international trips, otherwise the 10K AH is fine for USA travel. The Anker 20K AH I have can power laptops too.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Like @chrono I have several Anker chargers. I don't use the so called free ones out there. I also never connect to "free" wifi. I have an inseego Mifi that has a plan through verizon. so, I hardwired or wifi, which for my job its required. I use xfinity for my personal phone which also has VPN on it. For the work pone, I go through the inseego.

Its kinda ridiculous the stuff I have to carry around with me...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results