clarity

PSA, don't eat Romaine lettuce from Salinas Valley, CA

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here we go again. :roll:

SNIP:

November 22, 2019 at 2:20 p.m. PST
Federal health and regulatory officials warned consumers Friday not to eat romaine lettuce of any kind harvested from the Salinas Valley, one of California’s major agricultural regions, because it may be contaminated with a particularly dangerous type of E. coli bacteria that has sickened 40 people in 16 states.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Food and Drug Administration told consumers to throw away any romaine lettuce they may already have purchased.

Restaurants should not serve it, stores should not sell it, and people should not buy it, if it was harvested from Salinas, a growing area in Northern California. It doesn’t matter if it is chopped, whole head, pre-cut or part of a mix.

Most romaine lettuce products are now labeled with a harvest location showing where they were grown. Officials said to throw out lettuce if it doesn’t have a label specifying where it’s from.

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Oof isn't that like the 3rd or fourth time?? I remember it happening 2x in the last couple of years. It was especially scary because at the time I was pregnant and had already eaten it not knowing yet I shouldn't. Hopefully it doesn't happen to my spinach!!

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I threw out a package of romaine hearts from Salinas today.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results