Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Donald Trump

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Enter your choice for the Republican Presidential nominee. You don't have to be a registered republican and you can vote in both, or neither, of the PS primaries!

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I will be interested to see how many people choose to participate in the poll and/or this thread.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maria, I need a none of the above choice! Because with the Republican Presidential nominees as they are now I vote NO.
:knockout:

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
I agree with Missy. 2 poor choices and one that would be catastrophic imo.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The reason I think Trump will win is the same reason Hitler was elected.

Both of these soulmates understood the angry times in their country was in and knew the lowest common denominator of human nature.
They both tapped into people's fear and hatred and desire to once again be superior and special, like they used to be.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
As a Jewish woman who had grandparents who had to flee to escape Hitler, I sure hope you are wrong. But I do understand what you are saying. And the thought of him winning, seriously scares me.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn't choose any of these three, but I would have voted for Ohio Governor John Kasich if he'd been included in the list of possibilities. Not because I'm gaga over him, but he's head and shoulders above the GOP front-runners & has demonstrated a statesman-like persona. He won by a landslide when he ran for re-election in 2014, carried all but 2 counties in what's regarded as a "purple" state.

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
MollyMalone|1456793438|3997615 said:
I didn't choose any of these three, but I would have voted for Ohio Governor John Kasich if he'd been included in the list of possibilities. Not because I'm gaga over him, but he's head and shoulders above the GOP front-runners & has demonstrated a statesman-like persona. He won by a landslide when he ran for re-election in 2014, carried all but 2 counties in what's regarded as a "purple" state.

I regret not including Kasich as a choice. I just put in the 3 front-runners (so far) but I should have included Kasich as it would be interesting to see how many PSers would choose him. I personally would not vote for him in a general election as his views do not align with mine on most issues, but if I were forced to choose among the current republican candidates I think I'd choose him for the reasons that you gave. It's baffling to me that he's NOT the front-runner for republicans. He's a true conservative, he has experience, he's far from a clown - can any republicans shed some light on why he's dismissed?

As official head poll worker for our PS primary, I will consider yours a write-in vote for Kasich! I will include it in the final result to be manually tabulated and posted when the poll ends. If anyone else wants to vote for Kasich, please do.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trump reminds me of Obama in 2008 "unstoppable".. :wacko:

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, there's still a slim chance Trump won't get any of Texas' 155 delegates; with 72% of the precincts (or whatever they 're called there) tallied & 27% of those voters having cast their ballot for Trump, he's not yet broken the 30% threshold.

P.S.for Maria -- thank you for accepting my write-in vote :))

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Official tally, including write-ins:

Ted Cruz 13.3%
John Kasich 13.4% *
Marco Rubio 53.3%
Donald Trump 20.0%

*I joined MollyMalone in writing in John Kasich and then rounded his percentage up a tenth of a point to make the total come out to 100% - and to make him come out ahead of Cruz. :lol:

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maria D|1456796869|3997640 said:
MollyMalone|1456793438|3997615 said:

I regret not including Kasich as a choice. I just put in the 3 front-runners (so far) but I should have included Kasich as it would be interesting to see how many PSers would choose him. I personally would not vote for him in a general election as his views do not align with mine on most issues, but if I were forced to choose among the current republican candidates I think I'd choose him for the reasons that you gave. It's baffling to me that he's NOT the front-runner for republicans. He's a true conservative, he has experience, he's far from a clown - can any republicans shed some light on why he's dismissed?

As official head poll worker for our PS primary, I will consider yours a write-in vote for Kasich! I will include it in the final result to be manually tabulated and posted when the poll ends. If anyone else wants to vote for Kasich, please do.

There have been many analyses of the similar question of, Why are the Republican candidates (with traction) so crazy?
Here is one of the many. The core reason is the base is angry, and anyone who isn't promising them someone's head on a plate, the barn burned down, and an all-expense paid ticket back to 1950, is not going to get anywhere.

I would add that you are also seeing a de factor third party within the Republican party, the Teahahdi wing, and it is a classic case of a big-enough-to-mess-everything-up minority dragging the weak majority around by the you-know-what.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/04/opinions/begala-whats-making-gop-crazy/

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey, good job, Maria! 8-) How would you feel about a "Draft Michael Bloomberg" campaign? I know the election of a third party candidate is a long shot, but I'm thinking you just might make it happen!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results