shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Newbie with Engagement Band!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ktdry

Rough_Rock

Hi Everyone!

I must admit I''ve been lurking here for the past couple months....Now I am finally posting pics of my engagement ring!
I''m sure many of you will recognize this style as BGD''s "Nightengale."
Here are the glamour shots and I will attempt to post some hand shots later this morning...

Stats:
5 stone in platinum, size 5.
Stones are H/I and VS2-SI, all around .42ct
BGD melee in the side bezels.

I am LOVING this ring! Very comfortable to wear, yet very blingy. I can''t say enough about Brian and Lesley. They were amazing to work with and produce a phenomenal product.
Hand shots to come very soon....

I am hopeful to get some recommendations for a wedding band to pair with it. Any ideas?

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I can''t view your pics, not sure if it''s my computer or the post. I LOVE that ring! It''s so perfect on it''s own, I would probably wear my ering and wband on separate hands in which case you would have a lot of options.

If you want to wear them together I''d think a thin platinum band (like 1.5 mm) with the height and curvature of the nightingale ring, or a very thin channel set band (I''d say pave, but I wouldn''t want anything to mar that beautifully fluid ring
3.gif

ms.halo

Shiny_Rock
Congrats on your engagement!

I can''t see the pictures either...but I think a dainty eternity ring would look good with that ring.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!

ktdry

Rough_Rock
I think I finally figured it out....

BrianGavin_5Stone1_121109.jpg

ktdry

Rough_Rock

BrianGavin_5Stone4_121109.jpg

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! Congratulations.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Very beautiful ring!

ktdry

Rough_Rock

BrianGavin_5Stone3_121109.jpg

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
That is SO GORGEOUS! I really love the look of pairing a diamond band with a plain band as ering and wband. It''s so classy and stylish. Your new ring is just stunning!

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE it!!! I can''t wait for handshots! I am usually a fan of stacking, but in this case, my favorite part of that ring is the profile, so I wouldn''t want to cover it up with another ring. Maybe a teensy tiny plain band???

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
So stunning!!!! I LOVE IT!

ktdry

Rough_Rock
Here''s a handshot. I know it''s not the greatest, but it gives you an idea...

ktring1.jpeg.jpg

ktdry

Rough_Rock
here''s a clearer one:

ktring2jpeg.jpg

ktdry

Rough_Rock
Last one for now. Wish my picture taking skills were a bit better!

I am thinking either a plain 2-3mm plat band or a very tiny channel set plat band to go with it. I like the idea of having 2 bands, as I may want to just wear the plainer one at times.
If anyone has any ideas or photos, I'd love to see! Especially if you have a pic of your 5 stone band with another band.
Thanks for looking!

ktring3.jpeg.jpg

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Just gorgeous!! Congratulations!
36.gif

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness.

I loved the stats.

...Then I loved BGD's photo.

...But the pics of that beauty on your finger are amazing. I am jealous; wear in the best of health.

And congrats on your engagement.

ETA: eweddingbands.com do great 2mm bands.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your ring, congratulations!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a truly beautiful ring, congratulations! I love it!

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats ktdry!!

I took a few pics of my Nightingale with a few of the stacking bands that I have. I do not have a plain or channel band but these will give you a few ideas! My stones are 0.30 each on a size 7 finger. Oh and as you can see from the pics the bands do not cover the beautiful profile of the Nightingale really at all which is great.

Enjoy your ring is is beautiful.

Here is my pave dome ring. I have 2 of these and sometimes wear one on each side.

nightingale stacks dome.jpg

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
With my milgrain diamond bezel. (sorry the pics are not the best, pregnancy has led to some shaky hands!)

nightingale stacks mil bezel.jpg

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
Shared prong band

nightingale stacks sharedprong.jpg

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
Scattered band. As close to a plain band as I have.

nightingale stacks scattered.jpg

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
Last one just for fun, sapphire bezel band.

Please excuse the red dry swollen fingers....I didn''t realize how ugly my hands look!!

Hope these pics help a bit and again CONGRATS!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

nightingale stacks saph bezel.jpg

acebruin

Brilliant_Rock
congrats!
36.gif
looks great on your hand!

ktdry

Rough_Rock
Thanks to everyone for all the nice comments!

KTIce....I am so grateful to you and your mother for inspiration! I was lusting over both styles ("Sally" and "Nightingale" from BGD) for a while as I decided how to go with my ring...for some time I was thinking eternity band, but the style of the Nightingale just stole my heart!
I was hoping you might see this, and I''m thrilled to see photos with so many different styles of rings! Do you wear it with another ring every day? Which is your favorite?
All are beautiful--guess I will have to try different styles on.... I just know whatever I choose will be low profile so as not to obstruct that gorgeous profile!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I think I like it best either paired with a domed pave band or a thin plain band. Gorgeous!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I love it with the bezel bands (diamond or diamond and sapphire)

and with a plan 2mm domed band

I think I'd like a 2mm channel set band too

It does look great with the scattered diamond band. I have short fingers so I could never hope to pull that off
3.gif
if you have long fingers, that might be the best combo...

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/12/2010 6:03:12 PM
Author: ktdry
Thanks to everyone for all the nice comments!

KTIce....I am so grateful to you and your mother for inspiration! I was lusting over both styles (''Sally'' and ''Nightingale'' from BGD) for a while as I decided how to go with my ring...for some time I was thinking eternity band, but the style of the Nightingale just stole my heart!
I was hoping you might see this, and I''m thrilled to see photos with so many different styles of rings! Do you wear it with another ring every day? Which is your favorite?
All are beautiful--guess I will have to try different styles on.... I just know whatever I choose will be low profile so as not to obstruct that gorgeous profile!
I am so glad that you love the design and more importantly your new ring! I am glad mom and I have these rings and I am sure you will love it as much as we do!

Mom wears her Sally alone at all times. She uses it as a wedding band on her left hand. I usually wear it on my right as a RHR. I occasionally will wear it with my solitaire when I really want ALOT of bling. Sometimes I wear it alone but if I stack it I would say it is mostly with either one or two of the domed bands. I really like how they go with it. I am a big fan of switching it up though so it gets used with all my bands, but I would say domed is my favorite. I think it would look great with a plain band as well.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
gorgeous!!! I love it with the scattered band!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results