shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Mommy thread with toddlers 12-36 months

sasa

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks snlee, I''m not working from home since we only have PC at home and I work from a Mac. Our dept is basically a small kinko for the company and since I can''t bring all the equipment home so I can''t get any work done at home. I spend my time either infront of computer, T.V. or folding laundry.

sbde, little B refused to eat or get his teeth brushed whe he was teething. Especially when the big one comes out, it tooks us a while to figure out that he was teething after we saw the white tip comes out.

Thanks Tacori.

QT, glad to hear M is doing better. Hope you will get more rest soon.

jas, sorry, but the mental image of the boys playing with the baking supplies really cracks me up. I have 3 more weeks to go on bedrest.

Thanks MG.sorry to hear you have a early bird on your hand.

puffy, I''m gonna be honest, I''m feeling kind of blue stuck at home all day long. 3 more weeks with bedrest. Sorry to hear B isn''t doing much better, hope both of you will get more rest.

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Quick question: I know there was a discussion on Flat Head syndrome a few pages back. Has anyone tried any head/neck supports, like the Boppy Noggin Neck/Head support to help prevent it?

I''m noticing a bit of flat head on Dalila, so am looking to order something.

Here''s the link on Amazon:

Boppy noggin neck/ head support

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Q, glad M is doing better!

MrsS, T loves to brush her own teeth too but doesn''t do a great job. I always tell her I need to hear "scratching" to get her back on track.

Jas, oh, funny. I don''t swear that much but sometimes one slips out and she ALWAYS starts repeating it. Kids have some sort of sensor for that type of thing.
20.gif
Sounds like a mess. I am sure I would have reacted the same! I have no idea where she learned "whoopsie" but it works. Hopefully my mom visits again soon. I don''t really want to go to the midwest until the snow is all gone.

MGal, thanks! When he wakes up is he crying? Do you wait 15 mins or so to see if he will fall back asleep?

Puffy, I am feeling better, thank you. Zumba nearly killed me tonight. I am SO out of shape. Hope B feels better soon. That is awesome N is such a great sleeper!

Bobo, maybe your company will buy you a macbook
3.gif
Keep your spirits up!

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Toothbrushing went a *bit* better tonight with my bad singing--could''ve been a fluke though. Thanks for the feedback and tips! Baby steps before toddler steps, right? Oh and what are you ladies using for toothpaste?

Jas12: Katrine is a beautiful name and I love that there''s a family connection.

Puffy: aww, I hope B feels better.

Jas: didnt'' they get into the baking supplies before, or flour? What a handful, but makes for great photos!

Qtiekiki: poor M, I hope she feels better. Glad the shot helped at least.

Mgal: I had a few of those 4am wake ups too, really NOT cool when you''re working! Hope he''s back to normal tonight.

Sha: I did use that Boppin Noggin (or whatever it''s called). I recommend it. Takes the pressure off the back of the head for when they are in the stroller, bouncy .. plus it''s very comfy!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
JAS12, it''ll be very interesting if we both end up having girls! I''ve been thinking girl for you. We''ll be finding out the sex.

QT, glad Meena is feeling better. I hope you get more sleep soon.

TGal, that''s great you floss A''s teeth everyday. I''ll try in a month or two when D has some more teeth.

sbde, I wouldn''t worry unless it gets worse. Sometimes they just don''t feel like eating that much.

MG, sorry Kyle is waiting up so early! No fun! Hope he sleeps later!

puffy, aww poor B and poor mommy! Hang in there! I''m feeling so tired and sick. I''m so ready for the 1st trimester to be over!

janine, we haven''t used any toothpaste yet. We did buy some but I forgot which one.

Today I got a good look inside D''s mouth and he has EIGHT teeth coming in!!! 4 canines and 4 molars. Poor guy! No wonder he''s been fussy. A few teeth are breaking through right now. Hopefully all of them come in fast. I can''t believe he''s doubling his tooth count. 8 at once seem like a lot!

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Oops... meant to post that question about the Boppy Noggin in the 0-12 mth thread, but thanks for your response janinegirly! It's good to know you had a good experience with it.

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Tgal--i should have started earlier with the flossing, i tried it a few times and it didn''t go well. Co''s teeth are still spaced so i am not too worried, but i really do believe it''s best to start that early. My parents didn''t push flossing on me. I am lucky to have pretty good teeth (a few filings) but it wasn''t until i started taking responsibility for my own health-sometime after high school -that i started flossing daily.

Snlee--i have an inkling it''s a girl. Due to 4 ultrasounds with many looks in that ''area'' neither DH or I spotted boy bits. The 3rd u/s was 3D and i said, mostly out loud to myself, "still don''t see anything b/w the legs" and the tech kinda laughed and said "well, by 24 weeks some parts are pretty obvious". I am not going out and buying pink however & didn''t mention anything gender related to our family or friends. Actually charlie wasn''t even there, so he didn''t see the 3D images & has no idea! It was just fun to guess since really, i am no expert at interpreting u/s.

Tacori--i bet Zumba felt so hard b/c you were just sick. The first workout after even a cold is brutal> so i bet you aren''t as out of shape as you think you are
1.gif

Thanks for all the feedback on the names! I think i''ll just have to wait and see this kid before naming him/her...but at least i have a list!

Lulu-- post your names, i''ll help :) I love "liv or livy" as a nn for Olivia too. It''s weird how there are sooo many names out there and yet, it''s hard to come up with just a few.
I would like the name to have some meaning and connection to my family. My son''s name does, and yet i still have issues with it b/c it truly bothers me that some orthodox jews could find it inappropriate as a first name. If i had known beforehand it would of influenced my choice for sure, so this time around i am being careful about what we choose!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2010 9:48:58 AM
Author: Jas12
Tgal--i should have started earlier with the flossing, i tried it a few times and it didn''t go well. Co''s teeth are still spaced so i am not too worried, but i really do believe it''s best to start that early. My parents didn''t push flossing on me. I am lucky to have pretty good teeth (a few filings) but it wasn''t until i started taking responsibility for my own health-sometime after high school -that i started flossing daily.

Snlee--i have an inkling it''s a girl. Due to 4 ultrasounds with many looks in that ''area'' neither DH or I spotted boy bits. The 3rd u/s was 3D and i said, mostly out loud to myself, ''still don''t see anything b/w the legs'' and the tech kinda laughed and said ''well, by 24 weeks some parts are pretty obvious''. I am not going out and buying pink however & didn''t mention anything gender related to our family or friends. Actually charlie wasn''t even there, so he didn''t see the 3D images & has no idea! It was just fun to guess since really, i am no expert at interpreting u/s.

Tacori--i bet Zumba felt so hard b/c you were just sick. The first workout after even a cold is brutal> so i bet you aren''t as out of shape as you think you are
1.gif

Thanks for all the feedback on the names! I think i''ll just have to wait and see this kid before naming him/her...but at least i have a list!

Lulu-- post your names, i''ll help :) I love ''liv or livy'' as a nn for Olivia too. It''s weird how there are sooo many names out there and yet, it''s hard to come up with just a few.
I would like the name to have some meaning and connection to my family. My son''s name does, and yet i still have issues with it b/c it truly bothers me that some orthodox jews could find it inappropriate as a first name. If i had known beforehand it would of influenced my choice for sure, so this time around i am being careful about what we choose!
Jas, I don''t think it''s really necessary. But my daughter never drooled, and saliva combats cavities, so she''s one down. Also, her bottom front teeth are crammed together like her father''s. The rest of her teeth on the bottom are totally spaced out. But I pull all kinds of gunk from those bottom four...I have exert a bit of pressure to get the floss in, it''s so tight.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
t-gal- thanks to your unintentional flossing PSA I bought some of the kids flosser''s. Lily tried them already and noticed they are fruit flavored rather than mint but loved flossing with them. I''ll try them out on Jake later tonight and report back.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2010 4:31:01 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Janine, try the flossing, you never know. Amelia HATED back then getting her toothbrush. She''d see it coming and clamp down. She opened her mouth wide for the flossing and I really don''t understand why. Maybe it feels good to her? Plus I always let her have the ''reward'' of throwing the floss into the wastebasket. She seems to like it. Kids are so weird.

Flossing is MUCH easier than brushing for us. If I ever get around to it, I''ll post a video on FB.
hahaha... had to comment on this first. Kids are totally weird! Enjoy it while you can, I guess. When she is older it is unlikely that throwing floss in the can will float her boat
3.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I posted these in the newborn thread, but thought I''d add them here too!

Here is a photo of Hunter at his first birthday enjoying his cake I made for him! He didn''t know what to do with it at first, but he figured it out
4.gif

hunterbirthday2010_12x.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2010 1:06:22 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie

Date: 2/23/2010 4:31:01 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Janine, try the flossing, you never know. Amelia HATED back then getting her toothbrush. She''d see it coming and clamp down. She opened her mouth wide for the flossing and I really don''t understand why. Maybe it feels good to her? Plus I always let her have the ''reward'' of throwing the floss into the wastebasket. She seems to like it. Kids are so weird.

Flossing is MUCH easier than brushing for us. If I ever get around to it, I''ll post a video on FB.
hahaha... had to comment on this first. Kids are totally weird! Enjoy it while you can, I guess. When she is older it is unlikely that throwing floss in the can will float her boat
3.gif
I know...soooo sad.

DD, he is gorgeous...I love that photo!!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
DD, your little man is a total Gerber Baby...look at those eyes...he''s a charmer for sure!!

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2010 2:28:26 PM
Author: mrssalvo
DD, your little man is a total Gerber Baby...look at those eyes...he''s a charmer for sure!!
He is a Gerber baby, my goodness! It''s been so long since I''ve seen a photo of him, was he always blond?
Love all the chocolate!

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
DD he is TOO cute!!! love his eyes.

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all! Did a little experiment bringing the boys (one at a time) in the shower with me. We''ve not done that before. Mixed results, but to be honest, I was just happy neither of them peed on me. Small victories.

They are learning "please" and "thank you" -- for L. it''s "peeeeeeeeeze" and "tannu". For J. it''s "po" and "*devilish grin*"

I woke once again to the wonderful sound of them chattering to each other and giggling uproariously. Doesn''t get much better than that!

They still try to eat kibble though...I chalk that up to DH''s DNA.
31.gif

Mustang -- 4:30? 5:30?
23.gif

Puffy -- you are amazing. I can''t imagine how you are handling all you are handling right now!
Bobo -- 3 more weeks? Hang in there. I wish I had something helpful to say...would you like some ideas for how to pass the time from all of us? And don''t worry -- seeing the two of them covered in Crisco and sugar and baking powder and sprinkles was pretty funny, especially when they both looked at me and said, "uh oh." Logan frantically tried to clean up and Jackson tried to be cute and give me a hug.
Tacori -- I seem to hit some sort of frustration wall every day at about 10am and am desperately trying to curb my daily cuss word. (I seem to let that one out, usually to myself and by myself) every day. *Sigh*... and I hear you about midwest snow...
Janine -- good memory...last time it was baby powder, though. Seems they have an affinity for things of that texture and/or things that are really tricky to clean off of hardwood floors.
Snlee -- 8 teeth? Ohhhh, hug that lil one for me.
DD -- oh my! Hunter is gorgeous!!! I can''t believe he''s one!

Have a good one, friends!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
DD, Hunter is so handsome! I don''t think I have seen a picture of him since he was a newborn. Look at those eyes!!!

Jas, I LOVE taking T in the shower with me! So efficient! I still bring her baby bath tub in and sometimes she will sit in that and play or just sit on the floor. I bring a ton of toys in there for her and she is happy as a clam. Only bad thing is I like my showers REALLY hot and obviously that is a no go with the kiddo. She will even tell me when it is too hot
6.gif
Bad mommy!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jas, so cute on the please and thank you and that they are waking up and chatting! I can only imagine how that warms your heart!

speaking of please and thank you. Tonight at dinner Jake finished all of is pasta. I got up and gave him another spoonful without him asking for more and he looked at me and said "thank you."
30.gif
I''m pretty sure it''s the first time he''s said thank you just out of blue for something I''ve done that he didn''t ask me for. He also has gotten into the habit of walking in the door, taking off his coat and taking it to the rack and hanging it up. It''s hilarious b/c he does it like clockwork. my big girls still have to be reminded to take their coats and hang them up but jake just does it automatically. It''s hilarious. I should probably try to get it on video.

update on the floss-my boy HATED it. cried the whole time. i tried letting him floss my teeth which he found mildly amusing. then, since Amelia seems to like to throw her flosser away I thought maybe Jake would b/c he loves throwing his diapers in the trash when I change him. Well, he took it to the trash can but then changed his mind and decided he wanted to keep the flosser and take it to bed with him
41.gif

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
DD--Hunter is GORGEOUS! Great pic :)

MrsS.--oh that is so cute that jake puts his jacket away. Co leaves a path of destruction in the house. A trail consisting of hat, jacket, mits, boots. I need to start asking him to put his clothing away.

Tgal--well, necessary or not, flossing is a good idea. I keep forgetting to buy those individual floss things.

Co has decided that he wants to sleep in till 8am (or maybe later?) every morning now. I''ve had to wake him up every day this past week. Not sure what that''s about, but even with the extra sleep he''s toast by 7pm. The past 2 nights he''s been crying while getting ready for bed b/c he''s exhausted. Growth spurt maybe? He doesn''t seem sick or anything. I actually really dislike the sleep in. About the only time we sit down as a family is for breakfast so now i only get to see him maybe 20 mins in the morning. I;ve had to eat breakfast alone with my MIL every day this week...
40.gif

Seems like lots of kids start sleeping till 8am when they are toddlers--maybe he''s just starting a new routine??

jas

Brilliant_Rock
We interrupt this thread to report that Jackson is having his first full-blown tantrum. I am posting to keep from responding to it. This kid is determined. Yikes.

As you were.

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock

Tacori – he’s got a few different cries, and the one he’s been doing in the morning is the “I’m going to howl my head off until you come get me” type. If he’s just whining I leave him alone. Yesterday he started making noise at 3am, and DH was able to plug him back in and he slept until 6am. Today was back to 5am. I hope your next Zumba isn’t so hard!

Snlee – 8 teeth, I’m sorry!

DD – LOVE the cake pic! I can’t believe our little men are 1 already! And I think it’s been a while since I’ve seen a pic of Hunter, he’s sooo cute!

Jas – I think eating dog food is just part of childhood. My mom has a pic of me getting into the cat food bag…

Mrssalvo – awe, he’s learning manners!

Jas12 – 8am sounds wonderful, but then Kyle has never slept that long! Must be a growth spurt or something.

I’ve forgotten how floppy infants are. We visited a friend the other night who has a 2 month old and a 2 year old. I was holding the baby on my shoulder, the 2 YO started trying to hug Kyle (who wants nothing to do with her), I bent over to separate them, the baby flopped forward a bit, lightly bonked his head on Kyle’s head, so I then had a crying baby, a crying Kyle, and the 2YO was back to bear hugging again. I have no idea how you moms with 2+ kids do it!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
real quick...

Jackie, hahahaha...oh, you poor thing. But, hahahaha. You make it all so amusing.

MrsS, also hahahaha to you. Too funny about Jake wanting to take the floss to bed.

Also don''t think I''ve welcome the new toddler moms to the thread. Great to have you here and posting pics! We haven''t had any on this thread for ages....

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for all the nice compliments about Hunter. He is indeed a Gerber baby. Not sure where the blue eyes came from, neither of us have them, but he is a lucky ducky. He gets compliments from strangers all the time.

I am laughing very hard at all the stories. Toddlers sound like a lot of work and a lot of fun! Seems there is some sort of balance in life perhaps!

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
DD--Hunter reminds me a lot of Co and we get the same remarks from strangers (gerber baby and comments on the blue eyes) but charlie and I are both blue eyed so that makes sense. Did you ever do the eye color predictor thing. It''s interesting. I wonder what % of a chance Hunter had. Check out this LINKY

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
qt how is M doing? hopefully she is better and that J will do longer stretches at night so you can get some rest. B had croup before and that was not fun.

bobo hoping these last few weeks of bed rest fly by for you. how is little B?

snlee sorry you''re feeling bad...the 1st trimester definitely sucks. are you counting down the weeks until you find out the sex? i know i was. haha.

jas12 i''m thinking you''re going to have a girl. sorry you haven''t been able to spend too much time with Co in the morning. B sleeps in later and later all the time, when he isn''t sick. he used to wake up around 830 then 9, then almost 10. since i am a SAHM, i love it when he sleeps that late.

jas haga...me amazing...not at all. you have twins, you''re a super mama. noah is still so easy now and ge sleeps so well, it''s kinda like all he needs me for is milk. haha.

mrsS so cute jake said thank you! are you still wearing your DK all day? i would be...that is seriously 1 gorgeous ring!!

tacori that''s great you''re keeping up with zumba. how is T doing? is she still loving preschool?

B is a little better. he didn''t wake up last night so i was full of energy this morning and made him his favorite breakfast. he hasn''t eaten much lately but he finished his breakfast and had a few bites of mine as well. so it seems he is doing better.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
hi mommies,

so, the flossing went a bit better tonight. Jake at least opened and let me floss for a second. I'm sure i didn't do a great job but he cooperated and wasn't crying so I'll count it as a success. tomorrow is my MDO day so I'm going to get a mani and I'm so looking forward to it.

jas- ah, the tantrums..fun aren't they?
9.gif

puffy-ha, no, I don't wear the DK around the house. I'm into too many things and I don't want to be reckless with it. But, I have a full day out of the house tomorrow and will be wearing it for sure
3.gif
are you able to get out and about and enjoy all of your new gifts too? I hope B continues to feel better. It's always such a good thing when they get their appetites back!

sbde

Brilliant_Rock
quick drive-by here. thanks to everyone who chimed in about teething...i ended up taking J to the ped because he was having terrible diarrhea and still isn''t eating - she thinks it''s a stomach bug. i hope he feels better soon, it''s really so disconcerting to have the day end and realize my baby only ate half a banana. honestly, i thought things were getting easier now that he can communicate somewhat but having him not well and not eating is pretty terrible
15.gif

hope everyone else is doing well
35.gif

lili

Ideal_Rock
Hi PS mommies!
Sorry I went MIA w/o giving you ladies a heads up.
Oh wow, looks like there are alot of activities going on while I''m gone.
I''ll just attempt to slowly catch up w/ you all.

First of all.....congrats to all the second time mommies -- Puffy, Burk, and QT.
It sounds like all the toddlers are a dream w/ their newborn siblings and things are setting into a routine.

Puffy--
So jealous of your hubby''s gifts (earrings, purse, rings, etc) to you and you to your hubby (your precious little boys;-)
B sounds like the perfect loving big brother.
How cute is he reading to his little brother.
Any chance we can see more of your little guys?

Oh, and it sound like you are meant to breed babies -- easy pregnancy, easy labor, and easy bouncing back to your pre-preggo self.
You made it look so easy, it''s no wonder your hubby is thinking more kids!

Sorry to hear that B was under the weather for a while.
Glad to hear that he''s getting his appetite back.
Hope he returned to his happy self soon.

Burk--
Kade is a cutie!
He''s light but he doesn''t look skinny at all.
It''s funny how the doctor always seem to predict big babies for us mommies.
I''m surprised he made that prediction as your belly was teeny tiny.
Glad to hear that recovery is short and sweet for you.
And I just have to say.....so jealous that you get Kade out w/ one simple push!
You made labor sound so easy -- yours was what most older chinese women coined "like chicken laying an egg" effortless :D
Want to say again how I love that picture of Tayva beaming w/ pride as she''s holding Kade -- so cute!

QT--
Jaron is a sweetie pie!
Another skinny little dude too.....but like Kade, he doesn''t look skinny.
Didn''t your dr predicted a big boy for you too?
I was surprised too at the prediction since your belly looked smaller than you did w/ M.
Anyway, cute pictures of you and your babies :)

Sorry to hear that M has croup.
Hope she''s feeling better now.
Hope she''s adjusting well to all the changes.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2010 6:03:48 PM
Author: lili
Hi PS mommies!
Sorry I went MIA w/o giving you ladies a heads up.
Oh wow, looks like there are alot of activities going on while I''m gone.
I''ll just attempt to slowly catch up w/ you all.
Um, yeah, you are a BAD BAD GIRL!
38.gif

Welcome back lili!!!!!
36.gif

lili

Ideal_Rock
Ugh, sorry to hear that so many of the PS toddlers were hit w/ the nasty winter bug.
I hope that is the end of it as we enter the warmer months.
Sorry I wasn''t there to commiserate w/ you mommies
7.gif

Tacori--
Woohoo...congrats on the interviews girl!
Knock''em dead!

I love all the videos and new pictures of MsTessa.
She''s every bit of a firecracker I imagine her to be.
And she sounds like she''s the light and fireball in her class.
Glad to hear that she''s enjoying it, other than the early wake-ups to make it to class.
Is she better w/ the early wakeup now?

MrsS--
36.gif
for your DK.
Was sad to hear that you put it up on consignment.
A beauty like that and no one snatched it up?
I guess it was meant to be on your beautiful fingers.

Bummer about the earlier waking up for Jake.
I hope he sleeps in longer for you.
I''d wish he''d take one hour off J.
We need to get up earlier so that we can make it in to work at a reasonable time,
but the girl who wakes up at 6:30 before decided to sleep in until 8:30 or 9 on weekdays.
Yep, weekend, guess who''s up promptly at 7:30?
38.gif

So cute that Jake knows the routine to put his coats away.
You must get a video of that! Maybe J can watch and follow suit :D
That girl would take her clothes out of her drawers and spew them all over the floor.
I guess she''s trying to make it look like they are dirty so that she can take them to the laundry basket.
For some reason, she loves throwing stuff away and putting clothes in the washer/dryer.

Janine--
Haha...C sounds like another social butterfly.
So cute!
J is obsessed w/ the Sesame gang too...but funny enough, she only likes them in books and magazines.
She insisted that we turned it off when she saw it on TV -- weird.

A little late, but as for deciding on #2, we''ve always known from the beginning that we would want 0 or 2.
Since we got J, #2 should ideally be here 2 years later (provided my body cooperated).
Given that J is 22 months now, it looks like they''ll most likely be 3 yrs apart.
I don''t think we''d persue it pass this year.

I hope you and your DH decides soon.
Thought you''d like to know this tidbit of info that guy''s fertility does decrease w/ ago, particularly when they hit their 40s.
Found that my DH''s numbers dropped by 50% in just 3 years....that''s pretty astonishing.

TGal--
J is so jealous of A''s 2nd birthday gift!
You are making up for not splurging on her in the first year huh?
I''d say that''s the way to go anyway since this is when they now know what they want.
J''s becoming quite the little demanding girl.....she''ll ask me to order things on the computer for her when she sees something she like.
Fortunately or unfortunately for me since I can''t really deny getting them for her because the items she wants are books.

Re: flossing. I started flossing J''s teeth not too longer after you mentioned it.
There was something stuck in J''s teeth that I couldn''t picked out w/ my fingernal, and it must have bothered her enough to actually keep her mouth open for me to pick at.
Anyway, I remembered you saying something about flossing A''s teeth, so I told her that I''m going to have to floss it it.
I didn''t have the flosser like you, so had to use the adult one that you wrapped around your finger.
Amazingly enough, she keeps her mouth open and let me put my hand and fingers in to floss.
The floss I have is super fine and thin, so it glides in easily in her crammed teeth ^.^
It''s a good thing her back teeth are not complete yet, so they don''t need flossing.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results