shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Mommy thread with toddlers 12-36 months

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Yay for lili''s update! Hope she''ll be back here posting soon!

CONGRATULATIONS, BURK!!!! Kade is adorable and it''s criminal that you look so good after giving birth! Good job, mama!!!

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
congrats burk!! welcome baby kade!

glad to hear that lili''s ok!

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Another official congrats to Burk. That photo was amazing and he''s a total cutie pie!!

Glad to hear about Lili...I guess the cousin got back to Tacori and hopefully didn''t think we were stalkers ;-).
Hope she comes back soon! Thanks Tacori!

sasa

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks QT, are u doing the "month" thing?

thanks MG, have a good time at your spa day.

Thanks puffy, I''m 9 weeks right now.

Thanks LIA, congrats to you too!

Burk, Congrats! Kade is so precious! You look so good!

Tacori, thanks for the update on lili.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Burk
My official congrats on PS for the birth of Baby Kade. Ditto on you looking great right after birth.

LIA
I am holding up pretty well. It''s definitely tiring with a toddler and a newborn, but I wouldn''t trade it with anything.
Sorry about Coby''s sleep. I would''ve woke M up in the same situation. Unfortunately, we can''t control when and if they will nap again.
Good luck with the flight on Saturday.

Tacori
I thought it was funny that my OB said that too. I''ve read some horrible experiences with cervadil and didn''t want it, so I was also glad he wasn''t giving me that.
Thanks for the checking in with lili''s cousin. She probably thought we are a bunch of stalkers. It''s awesome that PS is such a tight knit group.

MG
Hope Kyle gets rid of the cold quickly. Poor thing.

janine
No advice on the cranker sore. Hope it goes away soon.

Bobo
I am doing the "one month" thing, as in I only go out for doc appointments and I eat whatever my MIL make for me. I do have cold drinks, ice cream, and other "cold" food (not in front of MIL), though not that much this time since it''s colder. I refuse to do the "no shower for a month" thing; I am not going to walk around stinky. LOL. I just try to compromise, so everyone is happy.

jas

Brilliant_Rock
A quick drop in -- after this weekend, I promise I have time to catch up and stay more in the loop and be a better PS friend.

Congrats Burk!

We''re moved in. Inlaw troubles began approximately 4 hours after move-in and haven''t ceased. Boys love the house, the dog is not sure yet.

Show is going well...opening night last night. My mouth went dry because I forgot my water before going on. Not cool.

I miss my mommy friends!!!

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Hi PS Mommies.

Just jumping over from the 0-12 months thread. Was lurking and reading the stories but have to ask - where are all the photos of the PS toddlers?

Would love to see them....
4.gif
Do you guys do Baby Photo Friday too?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sha, I stopped posting pics of T during the summer. She was just getting to old and I was starting to get uncomfortable. Luckily most of us have found each other on FB. If you feel comfortable feel free posting them!

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Hello all! I am officially a suburbanite. Actually, it feels more like I''m living in Box Town, USA.

The boys, now 17 months, are so happy here. They like the house and all of its nooks and crannies. They are going up and down stairs like champs. The bonus there is that they are back to 2 hour naps in the afternoon, due to being so tired.
36.gif
They were napping all of 45 minutes.
14.gif
The change was hard on all of us, and they definitely felt the stress of it all. Now that they can look out windows without climbing on chairs, can see birds and squirrels, and have a playroom all of their own, life is good. I kinda wish I was their age. Except for the diaper thing.

They are not speaking as much or as well as I want, although their hearing is fine and their receptive language is impressive. They understand what we say...they just don''t seem particularly motivated to say much at this point. I know that they will eventually talk, I am still waiting for the first official "Mama." They do have a vocabulary, though. this is one area where I''m becoming impatient. Deep breaths, jas, deep breaths.

How are all of you this fine Monday?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jas, welcome to the ''burbs! That is great that they are happy, napping, playing and I totally related to thinking a life of a 2 year old seems pretty great. Play, sleep, eat, play, sleep, eat...I only wish I remembered. They WILL talk. Don''t ya worry. Around 20 months is when I really noticed it.

T is at school on the rainy, cold, gray Monday. Ahhh....school. I found out this boy who she talks about ALL the time is the most aggressive kid in the class
23.gif
When I asked the teacher about him she actually said "Oh no, what did he do?" Hope this isn''t any indication of liking bad boys. Certainly never did her mother any good! My mom is coming to visit tomorrow!
36.gif
I am really excited. We haven''t seen her since Thanksgiving.

Hope all the mamas had a good weekend!!!

sasa

Brilliant_Rock
QT, i can''t do the no shower for a month thing too. I lasted about a week and I gave in and shower. MIL was not happy about it.

Tacori, how great your mom is visiting. Have a wonderful time with her.

heading to the OB office this afternoon to get my hCG level checked.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
jas, your new place sounds wonderful. You really can''t beat living in the burbs when you have young kids! Jake is 22 months and still not a really huge talker. he''s got lots of words but not talking in multiple word sentences like other babies his age seem to be doing. But, I''m not worried about it at all. I''ve heard boys usually talk later and if they are super active the verbal skills take a backseat. I mean why talk when making car noises and climbing onto and into everything is so much more fun?

tacori-glad you have a mommy day with T at school. our kids are out due to presidents day and my sister''s kid goes to MDO on monday''s and they closed due to more snow. I think this is the most snow we''ve had in one season since I lived in TN. crazy!

not much new with us. I actually have decided to go back to work on a very part time basis. I found out my spinning cert. does not expire so I''m able to jump right back in and start teaching. I''ve got to renew some of my other group fitness courses though but I''m looking forward to it. Oh and I took my first Zumba class on sat. am. I''m not sure if I just had a horrible instructor but I didn''t really like it at all. it was very choppy and she stopped to mess with the cd player b/t each song. right when I really got my heart rate up the song would be over and we''d all be stopped waiting for the next song which was a completely different routine. maybe i''m just used to step where the routing builds and builds and you put it all together. I''m going to take another class later this week by another instructor to see if she''s better. I really hope it was just a poorly executed class b/c I thought it would be a lot harder and more of a real workout based on what just about everyone I know says about it.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bobo, thanks. Hope your levels look good.

MrsS, with Zumba it is totally dependent on the instructor. I have my favorite and her classes are amazing but I have had a few duds. Try again with another instructor. I have been to some that have NO downtime between songs. Some do. My teacher uses an ipod so the songs automatically start. She will pause it to teach new moves though. The kids were suppose to have today off *but* b/c of the snow day today was the makeup day.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Hey ladies!! I''ve missed you all!! Thanks everyone for the well wishes. We are all doing well. Tayva has been an awesome big sister so far! I''ll try to get caught up soon!!

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
jas--glad the move went well and the boys love it. Yay for 2 hour naps! Co is on a nap strike right now and it''s tres tres terrible!!

QT--i giggled at your attempts to avoid cold and showers. My accupuncturist tried to get me to follow those rules,even tho i am of course not chinese. i tried the no-cold rule, but lasted maybe one day-ha

Tacori--enjoy your time with your mom! All us girls went for the ''bad boy'' at one time or another...we all learn our lesson hehe

MrsS--i tried zumba too (our town finally got it) the instructor was enthusiastic and no stopping, but it wasn''t a *great* workout, if you are used to spin or step, it''s not going to get your HR super high, but it''s something different. I do classes like combat and jam on days when i don''t want to do something strenuous so i think i''ll treat zumba like that. Good for some variety. Awesome that you are instructing again. I need to re-activate my certs. i think it would be good to do on mat leave since i am at the gym anyway.Do you teach the Les Mills program?

Family Day here in canada so i had the day off. It was relaxing and the weather wasn''t frigid. Our new house is almost ready for paint so i am kicking the decision making into high gear. i made decisions on bath & kitchen fixtures ( ceramic tub, glass shower, vanities, sinks, taps etc) it was huge job, and just one of many. My project this week is paint colors --eeks. I don''t have much chosen in the way of furniture so it''s hard to start from scratch. Wish i had a jumping off point.
Finishing this house is going to be down to the wire. We can always have the birth in the house we''re in now, but i don''t really want that as an option in my mind, b/c we need the pressure to finish!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
tacori, that''s nice that your program makes up snow days. Mine doesn''t so if they close b/c of snow you''re just out of luck, no make-up.

I do plan on taking another zumba later this week and I''ve taken a few other classes from the gal who will teach and like them a lot so hopefully I''ll like hers.

Jas12, My Spin cert was through Johnny G. The YMCA here has their own cert program for just about everything so that is where most of mine are from. I took the Y cycling training and that''s the one that doesn''t expire which is really nice. My CPR and first aid are about up too so I''m going to have to re-cert those as well. I think it would be a great job while you''re on maternity leave. Your going to work out anyway, might as well get paid to do it.

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
hey everyone!!

Burk: glad u checked in!! so happy to hear that T has been a great sister :)

Jas: congrats on the move!!! we miss u too!

Sha: Welcome :) Like Tacori, I started getting uncomfortable posting pics of K as he grew older, but many of us share pics on FB

Tacori: yay for your mom visiting!! must be so nice to have her there..

Bobo: Thinking of you! hope your doctors visit went well

MrsS: yay for starting work part time! must be nice to do something without the kids a few times a week :)

Jas12: great progress on the house! I couldn''t believe the pics when I saw them!! two big thumbs up to your DH for a job well done!! good luck with all the decision making!!

sasa

Brilliant_Rock
OB put me on bed rest for the next 30 days and prescribe progesterone to take. I google progesterone and it come up a controversial drug. Anyone here taken progesterone before?

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock

Sha – congrats on making the jump. There’s a few more that should be coming over soon too.

Jas – woohoo for the boys sleeping longer, and it sounds like the move went well.

Tacori – Maybe T is just nice to him so he’s not mean to her? Befriending the enemy sorta thing. And I hope you have a nice time with your mom.

Mrssalvo – Good luck on going back to work, and that sucks about the Zumba class. My mom used go to them, and she never mentioned pauses between the songs, so sounds like you just had a bad instructor.

Jas – I hope the house gets done in time! Choosing paint colors can be such a hassle.

Bobo – I’m sorry about the bed rest! I haven’t heard of progesterone, but hopefully your OB knows what they''re doing. You’ll just have to hang out with us here more

2.gif

We survived another round of company, for being a 3 day weekend it seemed soooo long! MIL, BIL and GMIL (grandmother in law) all came in Friday and left Sunday afternoon, then my dad stopped by for dinner on his way through town. At least they were all gone yesterday, and DH was at work, so I was able to get some down time and get the house back in shape. Kyle had his 12 month appointment, and he’s a skinny little thing! 20 pounds 6 ounces and just shy of 30 inches. He did get his shots, and did just fine, no reactions at all. The pedi wants him weaned from the bottle by 15 months, which I think we’ll be able to do. He’s down to a bottle in the morning, and sippy the rest of the day. The pacifier might be a little harder to get rid of, he only takes it at night, but it’ll probably be a rough few weeks when we take it away.

lover in athens

Brilliant_Rock
just a quick check in from vancouver! glad to hear everyone is doing well. we are having a blast, and even the weather has been cooperating so far!

BOBO: re progesterone. did you put you on suppositories? i think they are pretty common in 1st trimester for people who do IVF and that sort of thing. if you ask over in the preggo thread, you will probably get some good answers. i''m pretty sure that DRK was on them for awhile. they are also now doing progesterone injections, which i think is a bit newer and more controversial. those are given from about 16 weeks on and are given to stop PTL...

hth...

35.gif
35.gif

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
bobo: oh no on the bedrest! please keep us posted, hopefully it''s temporary.

burk: sounds like things are awesome right now! Yay for big sisters!

tacori: I think T just is very sociable and therefore is drawn to other big personalities (or isn''t intimidated). It''s a good thing although yea, may mean some bad boys during the teen years! Who knows..it''s hard to say if personality traits stick around from this early age, but seems like they might!

jas12: great on the house project--can''t wait to see how it turns out and which paint colors you choose. That is the hardest thing. Our project starts March-April depending on the weather. There goes our spring/summer!

Things are good here--successful playdate although C is very clingy with me. The other children were either much younger or older, so that may make it harder. Still she''d play with toys for a minute and then look for me and try to get to me! Well, baby steps. She is obsessed with Elmo now.wants me to find clips on my computer or wants her diapers so she can look at him (it''s on the Cruisers). When is he on TV?..I''m guessing it''s Sesame Street but no idea when it comes on. I''ll have to pick up TGAL''s doll too soon!

Speaking of C, she loves stuffed pets and sleeps with her bunny. I take it away once she''s asleep--at what point is it ok to let them sleep with it all night?

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Oh another quickie--I remember Tacori posting some great storage shelving options--where was the thread again! I need to get some for all these toys in the playroom!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
hi mommies, crazy here today b/c we have yet another snow day with schools closed. my hubby stayed home with the girls and Jake and I went to the gym b/c I had to at least get out of the house for a little bit. the roads were a little slick but not bad at all and totally clear by the time I left to head home. hubby is home today though and making a homemade pizza for lunch which we are all looking forward too! He does the dough in our bread maker and it turns out fantastic. anyway, will write more a little later when I get a chance to check back!

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Heart Attack Of the Day (HAOD): L. is a little feverish and clingy and super whiney today, so DH and I are doing whatever we can to calm him down and tend to him. I went to the bathroom, and when I came back, I heard DH yelling for me, gleefully, to "Come and see!" -- I come out of the bathroom in the basement to see DH sliding HEAD FIRST down the carpeted stairs, into a pile of pillows, to the boys'' great delight. He calls it stair diving. I reminded him that our little monkeys try to be just like Daddy, so he needs to not do that. (The boys go down slowly, crawling backwards. I''m working on teaching them to scoot down on their tushies). Not three minutes later do I catch L trying to go head first down a few stairs. Fortunately, it scared him enough and he only was trying it on the last two stairs that he won''t be doing that any time soon.

Anyone need an extra DH? He''s really good with household chores and grills a mean steak.
31.gif

The boys have learned how to open the front door
6.gif
Hello deadbolt! So glad we live on a semi-private street with a super-long driveway. They have also, just in the last two days, started to throw everything (blankets and boppies) out of the crib. Apparently that''s hysterical. Who knew?

I have a Vagina Monologues story for you all, but it will have to wait until I unpack a few more boxes.

Tacori -- I would wait and see (as much as you are comfortable with) in terms of this aggressive kid. Maybe T. brings out his gentle side? How wonderful to be able to see your mom! How long is she staying?
Bobo -- I hope all is well. I don''t know too much about progesterone, but if you are worried, of course ask your doctor! Bedrest...is it complete or partial bedrest? Are you allowed out of the bed for a little while or only to shower/go to the bathroom?
MrsS -- thanks for sharing your boy''s verbal experiences. LOL about fun action vs. yapping all day How very exciting to go back to work! Keep us posted! I''ve only done Zumba with the DVDs. I LOVE it. I haven''t done it in awhile, but hope to go back to it if/when the time comes I can do something for 45 minutes without a child wedging himself into an interesting place or torturing the dog.
Burk!
35.gif
Mustang -- Sounds like you are well on your way to no bottles. Mine are 17 months and only take a bottle at night...I know I have to wean them as well. Let me know how it goes!
LIA -- I am insanely jealous of your trip and am living vicariously through you. That may explain your weird urge to do victory laps in your hotel room, singing the Olympic theme. Sorry about that.
Janine -- Elmo. Yeah. Sesame Street. I have 2 that are obsessed, to my mild irritation. Fortunately, they are also big fans of Cookie Monster. I can totally get behind that! I have to say that I haven''t heard it''s bad to have stuffed animals in the bed at all, but I haven''t researched it as mine have never taken a shine to it. I''m curious to hear what other mommies have to say!
Jas12 -- we need nap strike busters. Seriously.
msb -- So good to see you, too!

Off to unpack -- my goal is 5 more boxes today!

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
hi mommies!!!
it''s been kinda nut the past few days but wanted to stop in and say hi!!
we''ve been having visitors like crazy again but not too bad as it was a lot of my family so i didn''t feel weird asking them to leave.

hope everyone had a wonderful valentine''s day.

DH got me 4ctw earrings and i am in love with them. i knew he was getting them, i actually picked them and went with him to pick them up. i am now closer to having my 6ctw earrings someday.

i''ll try to come back and catch up when the boys are napping.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Jas
Sounds like the boys is loving their new home.
Seems like things happen overnight with speaking and vocab. It''s not until recently that Meena would repeat the words we try to get her to say, and there''s still days when she just ignores us. I think you will see a big change in their speech in the next few months.
Stairs diving - M did that before. Really scary. M knows how to scoot the stairs, but she prefers to just slide down the stairs on her belly. Much faster and more fun for her.
Wow they can open door already.

Tacori
LOL on T befriending the bad boy.
Have fun with your mom and Miss T today.

Bobo
I showered at the hospital both times. I knew that I can''t do the no shower thing from the beginning, so I didn''t try. hehe.
Sorry that you have to be on bed rest. I don''t know anything on progesterone, but I think drk was on it in the beginning of her pregnancy. Maybe you can ask in the preggo thread.

MrsS
Yay for teaching classes again. With Zumba, the instructor makes all the difference. Hope the next instructor is better for you.
Homemade pizza sounds delicious.

Burk
Hi Mama. We miss you too.

Jas12
Yeah I can''t say that I actually try to avoid cold and no shower. I showered and had cold water at the hospital. I just avoid doing them in front of MIL. It''s really supposed to be good for my body and qi, but I don''t really understand it. hehe.
That''s so nice that Canada has Family Day. US needs to be more family friendly.
Good luck with making all the decisions for the house. Must be a lot of work. I''ve only re-did one room at a time, and that''s time consuming already. Can''t imagine the whole house.

msb
Are you checking in on your babymoon?

MG
Glad Kyle did well with the shots. Your pedi wants you yo wean off the paci at 15 months too?

LIA
Sounds like you are having a blast in Vancouver.

janine
I think C is probably old enough to sleep with the bunny, but I don''t know the actual professional recommendation.
Seasame Street is on at 7am and 12pm PST here in SoCal. There''s something about Elmo that every kids just love.

puffy
Are you going to post pic of those 4cttw studs? Bravo for your DH again. DH needs some training course with your DH. LOL.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2010 4:20:51 PM
Author: qtiekiki

janine
I think C is probably old enough to sleep with the bunny, but I don''t know the actual professional recommendation.
Seasame Street is on at 7am and 12pm PST here in SoCal. There''s something about Elmo that every kids just love.

puffy
Are you going to post pic of those 4cttw studs? Bravo for your DH again. DH needs some training course with your DH. LOL.
Thanks Qtiekiki! And you''re right..Elmo has some sort of trance over all little ones.

And I echo what qtiekiki says on Puffy''s DH! Chanel bag, PP necklace, Rolex, 4ctearrings..wow, he''s done good this month!!

sasa

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks MG.

LIA, it was given to me in a candy like circle shaped form.

Thanks Janinegirly.

jas, sounds like boys will be boys! love giving us heart attacks. The dr. didn't go into detail if she want me to do complete or partial bedrest. she just told me she want me off work and do bedrest at home.

puffy, is the earrings a push present? can't wait to see the pictures.

Thanks QT.

So OB called this morning and said my progesterone level looks good from yesterday's blood drawn. I don't need to take the progesterone if I don't want to.
36.gif

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
qt how is J doing? hope you guys are all doing well!

janine thanks, DH is really trying to spoil me as he feels really bad about not being around more. i tell him it''s ok, but i don''t mind the gifts. haha

bobo sorry to hear about you being on bed rest. how is little B? the earrings were for valentine''s day.

we got the earrings from BG, and they are gorgeous. they are his signature diamonds. i haven''t had time to take pics, been a bit busy, but here''s one that they took. they are set in a three prong martini setting in platinum.

BrianGavin_Martini1_021210-1.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
puffy- gorgeous, gorgeous earrings!!

bobo-yay for the good news from the dr.

jas-glad you stopped in to say hello!

qt: how''s life with 2 now? are you getting into any sort of routine?

burk-i saw where you posted in the preggo thread about K when you were leaving the hospital an all he has to live up to. I laughed b/c it reminded me of when Lily was born. I swear she looked like Yoda when she first came out and my first though was "she''s not as cute as C"
40.gif
when I mentioned it to my hubby he said he thought exactly the same thing. not sure what that says about us as parents. she of course filled out quickly and was an adorable baby as is Kade! I already noticed his little cheeks puffing out reminding me of T.

jake is back to the 5:15 am wake-ups. he had a later bed time all weekend and still up before the sun. so, i''m leaving his bedtime at 7:00 for now so I can get back to the old routine with my big kids which we all prefer. hubby and I have been taking turns waking up with Jake so one of us can sleep in a little later each day. not much else going on. my washer isn''t working so i have to be home from 8-12 tomorrow waiting for the repair guy, which normally would bum me out but I also have a fed ex from pearlmans that will be delivered during the same time frame making the wait not so bad
36.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results