shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Mommy thread with toddlers 12-36 months

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Janine
Our pedi said we should wait until 2 before giving nuts, shellfishes, and honey. He is really conservative with food. We''ve given Meena all of those things. We just make sure to pay attention in case of allergy.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
real quick and I will try to catch up later, Lili & Q I put that link up as my FB status. Poor T only has 10 votes
3.gif

lili

Ideal_Rock
Janine--
Man, we are so bad w/ J.
Once she hit 1 and is willing to eat, we gave her everything -- Chinese food, ham, honey (pure ones in the fage yogurt) and lots of junk food.
She's becoming quite a little junkie if you ask me.
As soon as I mention ice cream, she'll perk up and screamed "ice cream" and rushed to the freezer and tried to open it
40.gif

Her pedi was pretty lax about food.
The only thing that he said are no-no are honey before 1 and any food that might cause choking.
She was eating strawberries and some other more common allergic food before one too.
The only thing that I didn't give her until she's over one are honey and chocolate.
Since both DH and I are not allergic to anything, we feel ok letting her eat a little bit if she wants.
We just had to keep an eye out when she did try new food.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
tacori, i voted for t so now she''s got 11
1.gif

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
burk nope, haven''t been to the doc. i just assume it''s your regular cold gone bad. no fever, just being miserable. haha. hope the PTing goes well with T, but i''m thinking it will, at east i''ll be hoping that it goes well! are you going to just let her go without a diaper?

bobo awww, that''s so sweet! i never get tired of kisses. most of the time, B will just come up to me and kiss me and tell me he loves me, but i swear if i haven''t had a kiss in like 2 hours, i ask him for a kiss. haha. hope little B starts to eat more!

tacori T will be cute in any costume, i am sure!! i am so sad that i just don''t get on FB that often. if i did, i would hunt all of you guys down to see pics of the kids!! i can''t believe i''m going to miss all the halloween pics.

lili haha, believe me, if it was up to me, i would do absolutely nothing all day when i''m sick. but things need to get done. i FINALLY unloaded the dishwasher today only cause i needed a cereal bowl. haha. but DH has been pretty good about doing some housework. he swept, vacuumed, cleaned the bathrooms, and cleaned up a lot. but for the life in me, i can never get him to do laundry. when the baby is born, we''re getting a maid service. i really didn''t think that i would need help, but i am totally all for it now.

janine B has had just about everything. he''s had peanuts, cashews, and almonds, which he loves, honey nut cereal, which he loves. i thought that honey and nuts were ok after 12 months? well, he didn''t have any allergic reactions to the nuts, so i just give them to him. honey i thought was fine after 12 months as well. like MRSS, it''s not pure honey, but things with honey in it.

i''m thinking that i can pick my little guy up tomorrow. i feel much better, but not 100%, so hopefully tomorrow i will be all good to go. he''s even been reminding me to put a sticker on his calendar every day. and he will tell me which sticker he wants me to put on. we have a calendar for him to count down to his little brother''s arrival. so everyday that passes, in the morning when he wakes up, i let him pick a sticker and put it on the calendar.

hope all the mommies and kids are having a wonderful weekend!!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
PUFFY, I hope you feel better soon! I'm sure you miss B a ton so I hope you get to pick him up tomorrow. That is awesome you have a calendar to count down to the arrival of baby. B sounds so cute and SMART! He's going to be such a great big brother!

LILI, I can't believe you've gone that long without a crib and stroller! Yay for J going potty!

TACORI, that's awesome you're going back to school. I'm sure you'll do great on your GRE! Sounds like Tessa is doing well. So cute! Can't believe she's going to be TWO!

BURK, I hope T is feeling better. Poor girl.

QT, what a scare! So glad Meena is okay! Can't wait for your u/s! Did you ever get the pictures from your big 20 week u/s?

MRSS, hope your oldest is feeling better!

ILUV, good to see you here. How are your kids doing?

JAS12, congrats on the new job!

JANINE, I hope you and your DH can come to a decision about #2 soon. Just talk it out. It's a huge decision.

CURLY, your girls sound so cute! I love your updates about them. It melts my heart!
30.gif
I can't believe Lucy is walking/running all over the place and talking so much!

I think I'm caught up. Sorry if I missed anyone!

I'm back from my trip. It was nice to spend quality alone time with DH since it's been so long but we missed D like crazy! We are so glad to be back home! D was fine and had tons of fun with his grandparents. He even met and took a picture with Michael Chang! I can't believe how big he is now. D's been sleeping like a dream. Most of the time he goes down without a peep. Sleeps 12 hours at night. Sometimes he wakes up in the middle of the night but goes right back to sleep if you give him paci. Can't complain. He's talking a lot and very active. He crawls super fast and can stand up (holding something) like a pro. He can stand by himself for a few seconds. It is so thrilling to see him stand by himself! I couldn't believe it when I first saw him! I can only imagine how I'll feel when he starts walking!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Thanks all for the food tips! Good to know it's pretty relaxed at this point and no hard and fast rules--I pretty much tend to give her anything she wants. I'll hold off on peanut butter, honey, juice for now since there's plenty of other things she's getting her little hands on. But maybe I can add egg whites, berries now. Truth be told she's already had chocolate since she's grabbed my cookie a few times (I'm a sugar addict). She is at a very demanding stage when it comes to food, when she sees the pan she screams and points and gets all red faced and I'm like "I need to cook it first!" LOL. So far pizza is her favorite, thank god she likes veggies too.

Snlee, D sounds great! Doing the same stuff as C (standing unassisted when she really wants to get her hands on something, haha), but C is not as great a sleeper. D really did a 180 in that area! She'll sleep 10 hrs, but wakes up 1-2x for comfort. She is back to 2 naps though for now. Your trip sounds awesome, isn't it funny how our LO's seem to enjoy the time away more than us? Oh and how did D meet Michael Chang, that's great! I met him about 15 years ago and remember being starstruck, haha. How's the weaning going, is D on whole milk at all? Is he saying any words? C babbles like crazy, but no actual words. Except 'two'.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Bobo~How horrible your poor sister''s kids are sick while on vacation!! Hope they''re feeling better!

Tacori~I got the cutest cream hat at Gymboree last year and it still fits so I''m so excited to be able to use it again. Lucky you for weather in the 70''s.....it snowed here yesterday!
20.gif
That''s not typical (usually 60''s this time of year) but so depressing non the less. Our T''s would probably be a scary combo....so much indy and attitude for two little people!

lili~I''m glad you''re confident about PT because I''m sooo not. She is just so stubborn. We''ll see. I think DH is going to take a couple days off that same week so we are going to do the underwear thing and not leave the house so we can really stay consistent. Fingers crossed. Oh and LOL....yep, child number three is on it''s way!

janine~I''m late, but my pedi also okayed berries and honey.

puffy~Yuck for no relief when you have a stupid cold and you''re preggo.
7.gif
Hope you''re feeling better. We are planning to go no diaper for PT the week I have fall break. I bought her some elmo underwear (she LOVES elmo) so we''re going to try those and hope she feels really uncomfortable when she has an "accident."

snlee~Sounds like your vacation was great. Yay for great sleep! Go D!

Hope everyone had a great weekend! Poor DH must have gotten food poisoning last night so he was up most of the night. I stayed in my PJ''s most of the day (since he was sick we skipped church), watched football and baked a pie while T napped. What a great Sunday.
21.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
puffy-I''m so glad you are feeling better. I bet you cannot wait to pick up B. I bet he really misses you too.

snlee-glad you had a nice time away but I totally get how much you missed D. that''s how i feel whenever I''m away from my kids too. and yay for him standing. he''ll be walking before you know it!

janine-jake''s had a few snack things too. he loves junk food and I have to hide it b/c he''ll ask for whatever it is and cry if i don''t give it to him. We usually have desert after I put him to bed just so I can avoid the drama
40.gif

burk-sorry your DH is sick. good luck with the upcoming potty training! I''m so interested to see how it goes. Jake isn''t anywhere close to being ready. He does go hide under a table when he has to go #2. tonight I caught him going under our dining room table and thought, I bet he''s going go and sure enough he came out and did. but I don''t think he''s ready to give up his cave for a potty. and football and pie sound wonderful!

not much new for us. kids are back in school next week and everyone is healthy and ready to go.

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
snlee sounds like D is doing very well!!! glad you and your DH enjoyed spending time together, but i am sure you guys missed D. i''ve been without B for a few days and i swear i hear him calling "mommy" all the time. haha. it seems that he really gets the idea of the calendar, so that''s a good thing.

burk haha, B loves elmo too right now. i think all ids go through this crazy elmo stage. i mean, everything right now has to be elmo...his dinner plate, utensils, cups, toys, you name it..it''s gotta be elmo. what kind of pie did you make? after reading your post, i am craving some pie. haha. i''m sure T will be a success at PTing!

mrsS thanks! i''m hoping he misses me as much i miss him. haha.

tomorrow i''m going to bring my little guy home!! YAY!! i hung out with him today for a bit but i was still feeling a bit under the weather so i didn''t want to take the chance of getting him sick. but we had a great time and he told me that he was loving being with my parents. he drew me a few pictures which was pretty sweet and he even made me a macaroni necklace. haha. my mom took him to this art class for toddlers and they made macaroni necklaces. but he did tell me that i can''t eat it.

hope everyone had a great weekend!!

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Hi gang
it was thanksgiving long weekend in this neck of the woods. it was so nice to have 3 days off and the weather was kinda nice so i enjoyed it!
1.gif
I am only 6 weeks pregnant but so far no symptoms so i am hoping i can avoid MS this time around!

Burk--it snowed quite a bit here too. I can''t believe winter is already taunting us
15.gif

Puffy--hope you are feeling better today! i am sure B is glad to have you around again

Tacori--i think a pumpkin costume would be adorable!

Lili--So great that J is doing well with PTing! We haven''t made any progress lately. My fault. Watching the little sentences form is so cute eh? Co is often saying sentences but i have no idea what they mean. Yesterday he strung a bunch of words together and repeated it over and over but no one could quite figure it out. We could only decipher 2 words. It was funny but i felt bad for him b/c he was frustrated with us.

Snlee--so great that D is sleeping well--glad you had a good trip!

MrsS.--glad everyone is better now! My class is sick right now and iam trying to dodge sneezes and coughs. I never usually get the flu shot and don''t want to during the first trimester, so i am hoping to stay healthy. Did you decide on the H1N1 vaccine for Jake?

Janine--We are lax with food too--co got everything, nuts, seafood, honey before a year. The thing is, all the new research is saying there is no clear connection b/w delayed exposure and preventing allergies. To me delaying never made sense, so reading the new research was the only green light i needed.

And on the topic of food: I am having issues with that now. My MIL gives Co a lot of convienience foods (like crackers, animal cookies, granola bars etc.) despite the fact that she knows i don''t like him having that stuff. I know she sneaks it. I am all for convienience, but i try to stock stuff like little boxes of raisins, nuts or a banana and occasionally he''ll get a little treat. But i feel like my MIL is really clueless, she asked if he could have a pkg''d cup of jello.When she saw me hesitate she said, but it doesn''t have fat. So i said "ya, no fat, but all it''s just sugar, food color and gelatin. There is just nothing good about that.
38.gif
. I am not saying kids should never have that stuff. I don''t think that is good either b/c they go nuts for it later on, i just don''t like it on a daily basis. Co, like all toddlers, is very manipulative, he''ll say no to a food he usually likes, knowing my MIL will then offer him something better tasting (but poor nutritionally)
I am finding it really hard to tell her no b/c she provides otherwise good, loving childcare 5 days a week. What would you guys do?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
jas12- that's a tough one. I would probably just try to work a meal/snack plan with her that she can do every day and allow her to give him one treat or something. maybe that will help her feel like she is still being a grandma and spoiling him a bit but not trying to sneak it to him. as hard as it is I think you are going to have to talk to her. it would be one thing if she only saw him once in a while and out came the treats but 5 days a week of grandma love is wonderful but requires her to take on a stricter more disciplined care-giving role.

ETA: oh and I still have not decided on the H1N1 yet...

Burk

Ideal_Rock
mrss~That''s too funny that Jake goes #2 under the table!! T squats....never fails. She tells me she''s going to poop first and then tells me when she''s done so I can change her!
20.gif
When I ask if she wants to go on her potty she gets all whiny (like teenager whiny) and says "no mommy." WOW.

puffy~Oh yes, Elmo is the best! T also LOVES Abby. Too funny. I made Dutch Apple pie and it wasn''t as good as usual...kind of disappointing. I love pie. Were you able to bring B home?

Class will be here in a few....will finish catching up in a bit.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Jas12~Yuck for snow this early. We have a chance or rain and/or snow all week!
7.gif
As for your MIL and snacks, I agree with Mrss that you may just have to sit down and make some rules. I agree that jello is yuck but maybe you could okay a granola bar here or there and also maybe just provide some snacks that you would like him to eat so it''s easier for her? Good luck!

mrss~Hard call on the H1N1 because your family very well could have had it when they were all so sick, too! Good luck.

We ordered new furniture for Tayva''s room this weekend and are planning to use her current crib and dresser for the new baby so I''m trying to get everything in order and organized for the move. Not much else....just volleyball and cold, yucky weather. Oh, and T can sing most of Twinkle, Twinkle which is hilarious.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Puffy--
I''m sure B misses you more than you missed him :)
How sweet about the macaroni necklace.
So are you or did you wear it to go pick him up?

It''s always nice to have some help for the first couple of weeks.
I''m sure your hubby would agree to it once baby comes
since by then he''ll have to take care of B as well as the housework :)

That''s so cute about B counting down the days til his lil bro arrives.
J loves sticker too...but she likes putting them on our faces and arms
40.gif

Snlee--
Haha, I''m such a lazy person, so I hate the hassle of doing and undoing a stroller.
Besides, J was never content being strapped in a seat. She''d always like being up high and seeing everything at eye level.
Now, she just wants to run wild and go "shopping".
Yay for D''s sleeping through the night.
Man, how I envy you all w/ babies going down for 12 hours!
Sounds like it won''t be long now before D takes his first step.

Janine--
Haha, C sounds like J.
She''d be repeating the items she want until she''s red in the face and I can''t give it to her until it''s prepared.
She''s got a sweet tooth too.
I made the mistake of letting her try some mooncake this past weekend, and now she wake up and wants mooncake for breakfast
40.gif

Burk--
Oo....I want to do the underwear thing too...but unfortunately our house is carpeted.
DH will properly strip out the carpet if J had an accident.
That''s too funny, but I''m sure it is frustrating for you, that she announced that she''s pooping and then let you know it''s time to change her.
Hey, J loves Abby too. I thought she mispronounced happy when she kept saying abby abby. Then she pointed to the picture of her on her box of happy (smiley) face cookie.
I didn''t even know that''s her name, duh. I read her one of the elmo book and there was a page that mentions of abby.

MrsS--
I guess every kids have a sweet tooth.
We can''t even mention any type of dessert in the house.
Tried to limit her sugary intake since she''s already snacking on way too much sweets on the way to and from work.
We do let her have dessert when we go out on weekends to eat.
We took her to Sizzler this weekend and made the mistake of sitting by the softserve machine.
The entire time she was eating dinner, she kept chanting ice-cream
40.gif

Jas12--
Woohoo.. 6 weeks.
That''ll be great if you can avoid ms.
Did you have it w/ Co?

It is cute (but frustrating at times since like you said, they still can''t enunciate correctly) when they are forming little sentences.
Her sentences are mostly 3 words max.
I tried to teach her to say "I need to shishi" or "I need to poop" but they came out "I need poop" or sometimes she''ll go "I want shishi"
9.gif

Sorry to hear about your MIL sneaking in junk food to Co.
I''m actually guilty of that too w/ my niece and nephew and J too :)
I second what MrsS and Burk suggested.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Today was T''s first day at Mom''s Morning Out. Is it normal I almost cried when I dropped her off? Maybe b/c she did NOT want me to go (they had it in a different room than she is used to). It was tough. When I came to pick her up they were singing and it looked like she was having fun. She didn''t have her binky which was a good sign nor was she crying. Of course once she saw me she FREAKED out and wanted outta there ASAP. She even went to pick up her own lunchbox that she has only seen for the first time today. I was impressed she remembered which was her''s. They made these turkeys tracing their hands. Really cute. I took a practice GRE test online while she was at daycare...not good. Not good at all. I have 3 more weeks so I am hoping and praying it starts to click. I have been out of school for so long and am not a good test taker on the best of days so I am worried.

RE Foods: T basically eats anything even chinese food
6.gif
She started eating peanut butter after her 12 month appointment. Her pedi okayed it since we do not have a history of food allergies in our families. She started eating hotdogs a few months ago (I think you are suppose to wait until 2). I just make sure to cut them up small enough. Like Lili she did not have chocolate until her first b-day party.

MrsS, you are so sweet to vote for her. Your kids are beauties. They should just look to PS kids for their future models!
3.gif

Puffy, you need to come to FB more b/c I think I am done posting pics of her here. She is just getting too old KWIM? I bet you are glad to have B back. How wonderful your parents are local so they could help you out. I am jealous. Haha.

Snlee, I am not so confident on the GRE. I might have to ask for my first PS dusting. I cannot believe she is going to be 2 either! Crazy how fast time really flies by. I am hoping that is how school will be. I remember when we came back from Canada last April how much older T seemed in just 5 days! They change so fast. I bet you missed him and he missed you! D will be walking before you know it!

Janine, I hate the red face!!! They are demanding aren''t they?

Burk, I haven''t looked for hats yet. It is BEAUTIFUL here today so it is hard to remember winter is coming. Someday we should do a PS Mommy/kids GTG. Not sure where but it would be crazy! Sorry to hear about your DH. I have had food poisoning before...not fun. Good luck with PTing. I am still not ready for that. I love when T sings. So sweet.

Jas12, Happy (belated) Thanksgiving! I hope the MS stays away for good. Tessa repeats her gibberish too so I know they mean SOMETHING. I just can''t figure it out. She says the same "Words" all the time and gets frustrated when I don''t understand. I have similar issues with my MIL. I have no real advice as I usually just try to avoid conflict but it is difficult. Luckily she has given up the juice dream (in front of me anyways). But she will take her to Wendy''s and give her a frosty and fries....okay....What does your DH say about it?

Lili, I am so busy. Oh well! It will be worth it once it is over. We are going to go to WI for thanksgiving too so that adds even more craziness. Thanks for T''s vote. I think they aren''t really going off votes. I mean who randomly goes on their to vote for the cutest kid? Friends and family go to vote for a specific child. Not very subjective.

lili

Ideal_Rock
MrsS--
That is funny about Jake going to his spot for #2.
You should put a potty there, so he''s accustomed to the sight
9.gif

Tacori--
That is alot on your plate.
Don''t worry about your first trial run w/ the GRE.
You just need to get into the groove of test taking.
I mean, when was the last time that had to take these type of entrance exam?
I hear you on the fan votes.
I think that''s just a ploy for them to get people to visit the site.

It is amazing what great memories kids have.
Sometimes we don''t give them enough credit huh?

lili

Ideal_Rock
Burk--
That's so cute that T can sing "twinkle twinkle little star".
J can only do the hand motion and utter some words here and there....little star, up, sky, and diamond.
It is cute when she does the diamond and the twinkling part though.
9.gif

AGSHF

Shiny_Rock
Hi Tacori E-ring,

I'm just de-lurking to make a quick suggestion about the GRE. If you aren't planning to take a prep course (Kaplan or the like), you might consider running out to your library to see if they have GRE prep help on DVD or something like that that you can use. Recently, I had to look for something to help my 7th Grader with essay writing and also found a wealth of DVD's that help with the SAT, etc. (Wish I had those back in the day!) Perhaps you'll find something helpful.

And, BTW, Tessa is simply adorable!

As are all of the little ones here!

EDITED: a quick look at our library's catalog yield the following:

Cracking the GRE: with DVD: 2010 edition
by Karen Lurie

Best wishes and good luck!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Tacori
I am voting for Tessa. Some of those kids with tons of votes are not as cute as T.
Awww. I think it''s normal for the moms/dads to feel strong emotions when dropping off their babies for the first time at daycare, mom''s morning/day out, preschool, etc. All my friends or coworkers had felt that way.

snlee
Sounds like you had a great trip, and D did just fine with his grandparents. I am still too chicken to go on a trip sin M.
sleeping 12 hrs is awesome. M only sleeps for 9 hrs at night.
D will be walking soon. It''s a lot of fun but tiring.
I did get the u/s pics of the 20 weeks scan, but they suck. We got two pics of the face (looks like a skull) and two pics of the feet. I was hoping for a profile shot. And I don''t know how to get the files to upload on FB, so I never posted it.

janine
Our pedi recommended that we give Meena the egg yolk first when she was 9 months b/c the yolk is less allergenic than the whites. Meena had her first chocolate and cake before her 1st birthday too since her cousin''s b-day is in June.
Yay for C standing unassisted.

puffy
Glad you are feeling better.
The calender idea is so cute. B must be very exciting for his little brother.
How sweet that B drew you some pictures and made you a macaroni necklace.

Burk
Good luck with PTing over the fall break. My mom says going with underwear is the best way to PT.
You got T her big girl bed. We still haven''t decide on what to get yet.
How cute that T can sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.
M is just starting to recognize Elmo. I''ve been turning on Sesame Street for her in the morning.

MrsS
Under the dining table is Jake''s spot, huh? How cute. Our nephews both used to go to this corner next to the couch. We were wondering if M will pick that same spot in the future.

jas12
Hope you don''t get MS this time around.
That''s a tough situation with MIL and snacks. I mean there''s only so much you can say; you can''t really stop her when you are not around. I sometimes feel this way with MIL when I tell her how I want certain things done, and then she goes and does the opposite.

lili
hehe... DH keeps giving M mooncakes too. M definitely has a sweet tooth. I''ll have to be good with teaching her good oral hygiene, or else she''ll end up with a bunch of rotten teeth.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tacori-I cried so hard the first day I dropped the girls off for pre-school. Not until I got back to my car but it was really hard. I cried when they started kindergarten too. it doesn''t get easier b/c I think b/c it''s always tied in with reality that they are growing up. hang in there with the GRE. How much emphasis does the school you are applying at put on it? I"m sure they will be taking your undergrad grades etc. all into consideration and I bet they know that some folks just don''t test well on standardized tests.

lili-how''s J, did she go to her 18 month check-up yet?

burk-how fun that tayva is getting new furniture! you''ll have to post pictures once you get it all set up. and too cute about her singing twinkle.

qt-hope you''re feeling well. are they going to try again to see if the baby will cooperate enough for you all to tell if it''s a he or she?

lili

Ideal_Rock
Tacori--
Holy cow...I just looked at how many votes the other kids were getting.
I thought it would be in area of hundreds....didn't think it would be thousands.
They must have lots of family and friends voting for them.
And like QT said, none of them are nearly as cute as T.

Janine--
We did what QT did w/ the egg too -- just giving her the egg yolk and see if she reacted to it.

QT--
That is interesting about PT and the underwear thing.
I would definitely give it a try if my house isn't carpeted.
May just have to bar J and keep her in the kitchen area for that day :D

MrsS--
J did have her 18month checkup.
In fact, it was the same day that Jake had his.
They are practically the same height remember ?:)
Oh, all her tests (anemia, lead, and TB) came back negative
1.gif

--------------
Kept on forgetting to post this.
For moms w/ toddlers who loves to sit in front of the computer w/ you...
here is a cool educational website that my sister told me about --- starfall.com.
J loves the music portion of it.
It beats letting her looking mindlessly at the screen and I am certain that's how she learned her alphabets.

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
hi ladies!!! i got to pick up the other day and have been spending all day with him. he even went without a nap yesterday and he was ok. he said he didn''t want me to leave and i said i didn''t want to sleep so he said he was going to help me with the laundry and unload the dishwasher instead of napping. but he is down for his nap today...thank god!!! he''s even learned a few new songs. it''s so cute when he sings and dances. i still don''t get tired of hearing him sing and watching him shake his little booty.

jas12 gad to hear that you had a great long weekend. as for food...i get you. my parents are kinda the same way, but they know what i consider to be ok. and they have come a long way!! they now pack a bunch of fruit every where they take B cause B is a fruit eating machine. he actually prefers fruits to crackers most of the time.

burk haha, the next day i went to get me a slice of apple pie and left with an entire apple pie and 1 slice of pumpkin pie. haha. how are you feeling? that''s great that you guys have ordered your furniture. the nursery is pretty much ready for little guy''s arrival with the exception of a few things. i was in MAJOR nesting mode over the past few days and have done way too much. haha.

lili haha, B loves his stickers way too much to waste them on me! haha. he will sometimes put them on himself or me but then he will insist that i give it back to him and he will stick them in his room somewhere. i always tell DH that it is nice to be him. he goes to work early and comes home late. and when he is done with work, it''s done. but i always say that being a SAHM is 24/7 and sometimes i just want a break or need some help. he thinks it''s all fun and games...he is in for a BIG surprise come a few more months! but i''ll let him be surprised! he does spend any time he can with B, but it''s just work, work, and more work for him.

tacori i know, i am so lucky to have my parents local!! the bad thing, the ILS are also local. haha. they get upset sometimes that i don''t ask them for help. i just don''t feel as comfy with them as i do with MY parents just cause of stuff from the past that involved B. and i know my parents will always put B before themselves. good luck with the next 3 weeks and getting ready for the GRE!!

qt how are you feeling? 1 more week until the ultrasound? i love the macaroni necklace!! my mom takes him for the weekly art class every week, and he has a wonderful time. usually he will make stuff for himself or my mom and even his little brother. but this time he actually made me something!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/14/2009 1:17:00 PM
Author: lili

MrsS--

J did have her 18month checkup.

In fact, it was the same day that Jake had his.

They are practically the same height remember ?:)

Oh, all her tests (anemia, lead, and TB) came back negative
1.gif

oh yeah, with all my kids being sick i forgot about your update. they are the same height but J is a good 5 lbs lighter
37.gif
and yay that all tests came back negative.

puffy-that is too cute about B wanting to help you with the dishes and laundry. jake love''s to "help" me too. i love it!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well I feel *slightly* more confident with analogies. Princesss came over last night to share some of her tricks. A lady my mom works with tutors for the GRE and read a sample essay of mine. She thought it was really well done. Of course there were a few errors but seeing how I wrote it in 45 mins (which is the time for the issue essay) I was pleased. 45 mins goes by very quickly. Tessa LOVED entertaining Princesss.

Lili, It''ll work itself out. My mom said the same thing. Seeing how the last time I took a standardized test was 14 years ago I guess I forgot all the tricks. I do not think the way the test writers do. That''s for sure. Some of those kids have quite the fan club. Kinda scary. I think one had over 4,000 when I looked last.

AGSHF, thank you for the tips! I will check it out for sure! My sister also told me to get a DVD. I''ll see what my local library has. I am not taking a prep course. I just could not justify the cost since the program I want to get in doesn''t put much weight on the GRE. I just want to get a high enough score not to send any red flags. Thanks for the compliment on my little one. She keeps me busy.
5.gif

Q, I know it is normal but I still felt silly. She just looked SO sad when I left. It was probably an act. After all they said they would call me if they couldn''t calm her down. She wasn''t crying when I left but she was whining and I had to pry her from my leg. Hopefully next time she will feel more comfortable.

MrsS, I will probably cry for real with kindergarden. That or throw myself a party
11.gif
The GRE only gets awarded 1-2 points so not too much emphasis. Everything else weighs more (recommendations, personal statement, GPA and interview). Still I don''t want them to get concerned if my scores aren''t at least average. My GPA was higher than what they are asking for so I should be set there. I am assuming my recommendation letters will be strong (hopefully) and I think I do better in person. So I really need to concentrate on my personal statement. I think that gets up to 8 points.

puffy, glad you have B back at home and he is keeping you entertained! I wish my parents were local b/c like you I feel more comfortable asking them for favors than my ILs. My MIL will say she wants to help, take T for me so I can study, etc but something always seems to come up. She also waits for me to ask instead of offering and I am not good at asking. She is still spending lots of time up north too so maybe when she is down here full time she will be more helpful. We only ask my FIL to watch her if we are DESPERATE. He has gone over 2 weeks w/o seeing her or asking to before. Whatever. My parents NEVER would go that long if they lived locally.
Burk, be sure to post pictures of T''s big girl room. I love planning out Tessa''s but seems silly to move her when she likes her crib and no one else needs it.

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
No official 18 month stats for Co, but i know he weighs over 26 lbs and is about 32 inches long.
This is bad, but i haven''t brought him to the Dr. since last February when i had the shingles
15.gif
. I do intend to get a few of the scheduled vaccines this winter, but i am not going to my Dr. until after i am thru the first Trimester. She is insanely busy/disorganized and it is not uncommon to wait an hour (or two) for her in a packed waiting room. I am not sitting in that germ factory this time of year! I am so happy to have a midwife so that i don''t have to go to a dr''s office once during my pregnancy. That just makes so much more sense to me. It seemed wrong to wait hours to see my Dr. or OB with all these other infected ppl coughing everywhere when i was perfectly healthy, yet extra suseptible.

Lili--i can''t beleive that J sits still with you on the comp. Co just tries to press every button and turns things off and on. I will check out that site--looks interesting!

MrsS. I''ve decided against the H1N1 vaccine (for now). No cases of it yet in our community --and not suspected to hit until around xmas, so if i am thru the first tri and it does hit this city badly, i''ll consider it then, but no sense getting it when it''s not around. The Thermesol is a big concern for me. Thanks for the advice about my MIL--i did have a bit of a talk with her. Basically i said that since flu season is here i would like him to get packed full of fruits and veg and little sugar. She was understanding. Can''t really argue with keeping kids healthy.

Tacori--i remember the juice battle with your MIL
38.gif
At least she isn''t around all the time. Had to laugh at the frosty and fries thing. My MIL would totally do that and honestly think that it is fine b/c a)potatoes are a veg and b) frosty is a source of calcium. Duh.
2.gif
If you find me on FB I''ll gladly vote for T
1.gif

Puffy--co is pretty good with fruit too--but can''t say he prefers it--he loves his cookies etc. and it drives me nutty
40.gif

So cute that B sings and dances --what a doll. I don''t think i would get sick of that either!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Lili~We have all hardwoods, but do have rugs and I''m sure she''ll find every rug we have and make my life miserable when we do the PT thing!
9.gif
I almost got T the Abby costume for Halloween because she loves her so much but then I figured no one besides moms would even "get" who she was!
16.gif
Oh, and thanks for the fun website. T and I played on it this morning and she was singing and dancing to the letters!

Tacori~I think it''s perfectly normal to feel sad when dropping off at daycare. Of course I''m in the routine now and don''t but after a summer home with her I get weepy again! So glad someone is experiencing good weather...we''re still in the 50''s! Yuck!!

QT~Thanks! We''ll need all the luck we can get. I really think the underwear thing is my only shot at getting Miss Stubbornpants to PT!! We didn''t do a big girl bed for T.... just don''t think she''s ready (or maybe I''m not ready, either way). We bought her a new crib. I plan to keep her contained as long as possible!!

mrss~I''ll post pics once both rooms are done for sure. I wasn''t ready for a big girl bed yet so we just got her a new crib and dresser. Still fun.

puffy~So glad you are feeling well enough to have B back!! Glad you got yourself some pie! I feel good...can''t say I have a ridiculous amount of energy but that is probably because I chase after T half the day, teach middle school then go coach volleyball. It made me exhausted when I wasn''t preggo!
3.gif
Glad you nested and got a bunch done! Feels good to see things come together, doesn''t it!!

Jas12~Glad you found a midwife!! T would prefer cookies over pretty much anything too....except pears. The girl is obsessed with pears. Weird.

Like I told a couple of you, we ended up ordering T another crib instead of a big girl bed. I don''t think either of us are ready for her to be in a bed. She has a white bookcase she got as a gift and the rest of her furniture is espresso so I figured we could get her a new white crib and dresser to match the bookcase and move her furniture into the babies room. Her furniture was a gift from MIL and was pretty nice and expensive so I figured better to move that on to the new baby anyway. So, once it gets here we''ll have to start getting organized. Other than that, not a whole lot going on besides a busy volleyball week and DH and some friends are home re-roofing our house today. Hope it doesn''t rain on them!! Hope everyone is having a good week!!

lili

Ideal_Rock
Puffy--
Come find us at FB and post some videos of B doing one of his song and dance!
He is just too cute. I would not get tired of it too if J does that -- unless of course it is close to bedtime.
And how great it is that he''s such a great mother''s little helper.
You may not need that maid service once the baby is here after all :)
How are you feeling? Completely over your cold?

MrsS--
Hehe, Jake is another great little helper too.
Any more videos of him helping or cleaning the windows?

Tacori--
I''ll say that some of those contestants have a really big following.
4000s vote? How is that even possible?
How sweet of Princess to help you prepare for the test.

Jas12--
Is your OB in the same office as other doctors?
The way my hospital is setup, the OBs their own sections of the building....so only preggos will be in that waiting room.
Hehe, I probably be the same w/ J''s checkup too if the pedi office didn''t call to remind us of the wellness checkups.

Ha, who said anything about J sitting still in front of the computer.
I don''t know how many times she shut off he computer and had to reboot.
I have to constantly remind her to keep her hands on the side..but sometimes she gets excited seeing what''s on the screen and starts pounding on the keyboard.
You should check that site out, it is put together really well.

Yay on getting MIL to be on the same page w/ the healthy snacks.

Burk--
Haha, I just pictured T going around marking her territories on the run like her doggy :)
She''ll do just fine. Have you shown her her big girl panties?
No problem. That''s great she''s enjoying the site.
I only let J on the computer on weekends when I take my laptop home from work.
She too likes the musical parts of the program.
Tried the Music part under the "It''s Fun to Read" or something.

Can''t wait to see pictures of your 2 rooms.
Take the before and after pictures of T''s old room.
I like to see how it''s transformed.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
lili~Yea, T doesn''t actually sit still to look at the computer either....I just set it on my lap facing her. She actually paid attention to that site for a good 10 minutes which was impressive!! I showed her the big girl panties a few days ago and she wanted to put them on but I told her she can only wear them when she''s peeing in the potty. So now she gets them out of the drawer and holds them up and says "pee in potty. Big girl"
20.gif
I''ll make sure to take before and afters when we get going on the rooms!

I forgot to mention earlier how much I love reading all the 18 mo check-up stats! T is just now hitting 26 lbs (at nearly 21 months) and was 35.5 inches at the allergist check-up a couple weeks back. Such a string bean!

lili

Ideal_Rock
Burk--
I had to set my laptop on the floor because she wants access to it.
I had it on a table and would sit her on my lap..which means I can pull her back when she gets too wild up.
She didn't like that so she'd be tugging on the power plug and motion me to put the computer on the floor -- "computer downg"
40.gif

Haha, sounds like she's motivated then :)

Wow, T is a string bean.
So tall and skinny, but she looks so small next to you guys though
5.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results