shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Mommy thread with toddlers 12-36 months

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Puffy
Maybe I''ll have DH take a belly pic this week. Oh I forgot to mention what DH said to me Sun when we were at the mall. He said "if people don''t know that you are pregnant, they probably think you are chubby. You can see the bump.". I wanted to smack him in the head. I told him that he basically call me fat. So insensitive. Then he kept apologizing and saying he didn''t mean that.

lili
I didn''t take the DSLR with me since I went in the pool. I''ll probably take pics at the next lesson and DH can be in the pool with M by himself.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2009 5:12:58 PM
Author: curlygirl
Guess who just hit 10,000 posts?! That blabbermouth, TGal!!!! I just started a thread in Hangout.

TGal, we love you!!! Don''t ever change!
Just saw this Curly. You are a sweetheart...thank you very much for the sweet words, as well as everyone else who posted.
35.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Puffy, I hope he feels better. It just sucks when they are sick.

QT, I just have to tell you I am so glad you haven''t changed your avatar.
1.gif

lili

Ideal_Rock
Puffy--
Poor little guy and poor momma.
Hope he feels better soon.
Wow, end of July is not that far away.
A little boy would be great play buddy for B
5.gif
and you can still be the only woman in their lives
41.gif

J and I are doing much better, though we are still a bit snotty and phlegmy.

QT--
You are only showing cuz you are so tiny to begin with.
I''ve got a huge bump and I''m not even preggo :razz:

lili

Ideal_Rock
Poopy question:

Any ideas what could be causing babies poop to be green?
I swear, J''s poop looks like she''s on a grass diet.
The consistency is ok, not liquidy or anything.
She''ll have a normal color one now and then.
No significant change in diet, except for the increase cow''s milk intake.
Could that have anything to do with it?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am pretty much packed and my house might have to stay messy. I always clean it before I go on vacation b/c I like coming home to a clean house. But time just escaped me this time so I might just have to throw caution to the wind and leave a *gasp* dirty house! I am such a dare devil. I broke down and bought T a neck pillow in HOPES she will take a nap in her car seat. I have a whole bag of snacks, books and a few new toys. Of course the dvd player and kids cds are lifesavers! We are stopping in our old college town. I am excited b/c it is the first time we have gone back with T. Plus my good friend and her DH are meeting us for dinner.

Tessa is repeating everything! She grabbed an old strawberry container from the trash and spilled it all over the floor. I (without thinking) said "$h!t" and she promptly (and perfectly I must say) repeated it. Oh boy.

Amex sent me an invite for their exclusive black card today...they must be desperate! Haha. I would NEVER get a card with a $495 annual fee
14.gif

Jas12, I do remind DH sometimes that a happy wife = a happy life. DH and I have been together for over 8 years and obviously we don''t have things down to a science yet. We are both stubborn.

Janine, I don''t think he will ever realize who is REALLY right. I wish DH came already trained but alas it didn''t happen. *sigh* We are working on issues. We are all works in progress. He needs to be less selfish and I need to be more positive. Good luck with the u/s!

Q, awww...now I feel bad not putting T in swim lessons. Maybe this fall. I am glad M loved it so much. I don''t blame her for not liking the cold water! Smart girl! Can''t wait to see pics! Do you love your new camera? I remember being so bloated at 10 weeks. I bet it''s the same with you. Ignore your DH. Men say stupid things. Sometimes I feel like I painted myself into this corner by being really understanding. Now it is hard for me to get him to see when I have a problem with a 30 day trip, golf everyday, etc...Honestly it didn''t bother me much before we had a child. Now I feel like she changes everything!

Lili, I think DHs nag us too! But somehow when it comes from a woman it sounds worse.
33.gif
Not fair.

TGal, congrats on 10K posts!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Puffy, it IS nice that he knows how difficult it is. In your case I would say go on that trip! MAKE him know how demanding, tiring, frustrating...it is!

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
qt i can''t wait to see a belly pic of you, i bet you are still super tiny and adorable!! men say the dumbest things. but at least he spent a good portion of the day apologizing. i really wanted a burger today so i went to a nice burger restaurant, kinda gourmet burgers, and i was talking to DH on the phone, and the first thing he said was, "are you sure you should be eating that....and fries???" i was about to just hang up, but i told him exactly what was on my mind. i guess he thought about it, and later apologized for being nuts. how is M doing?

lili i totally know that B would love to have a little brother to beat up and play with. haha, but i would love a little girl to shop for. it''s ok either way, i would rather B have a fun play buddy so i will have time ti myself. haha. and i shop enough for friends babies who are girls. glad to hear you and J are doing better. B;s running a fever still, so i''m not sure whether i should call the doc tomorrow.

tacori oh no...T is repeating...those days are so fun!! B has been saying $h!t for ages now, but only when i say it accidentally, and a while bunch of other words that should not be in his vocabulary. i would take a little trip by myself, but i know that B would drive DH crazy and honestly, i am worried what i would come home to. haha. that sounds bad i know, but boy is it true!! and i know that DH would just bring B to the ILS, which is fine, but they would give him coke and candy all day if i was not around, and not to mention FIL would be smoking all day next to B if he could. have a wonderful trip and hone T is ok for the ride.

tgal how is your girl doing, now that she is almost 15 months?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
hi mommies,
quiet day on PS for the mommies huh? I''ve got family in town so we''ve been busy here. not much Jake action to report. He''s add no-no to his vocabulary and uses it when he wants zoe (our lab) to not try and eat his food off his tray. it''s pretty funny actually. I hope the rest of you gals and your little one''s are doing great!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2009 8:00:33 PM
Author: lili
Poopy question:

Any ideas what could be causing babies poop to be green?
I swear, J''s poop looks like she''s on a grass diet.
The consistency is ok, not liquidy or anything.
She''ll have a normal color one now and then.
No significant change in diet, except for the increase cow''s milk intake.
Could that have anything to do with it?
I was justreading up on this... apparently it can be caused by lots of green foods like brocolli or peas, or by too much lactose! In BF babies it can indicate an imbalance in the foremilk/hindmilk. But cows milk is high in lactose, so I wonder if that can cause it too? Is it frothy? Sorry TMI! LOL!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2009 9:22:08 AM
Author: Tacori E-ring
DD, I really don''t think I am like Kate at all. My nag levels are low but sometimes he makes me feel like I am. Annoying. But it is b/c he has no idea what other wives are like. I mean don''t get me wrong I am NOT perfect in any way but I wish he would criticize my REAL faults
2.gif
haha... I am not like her either, or maybe it is that DH is not like Jon! Anyways, too funny about criticizing your real faults... does he do it to rile you up? I know lots of men like to make their wives all mad by pushing their buttons, my DH included. Some sort of strange turn on. Makes me mental. But of course, that is the point I think!

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
a quiet few days here on the mommies thread....

it''s been crazy here again with B being sick with a fever, a cough, and a runny nose, and i have been so drained by the end of the day since i am up with him about 3 times a night and when he does nap during the day, i have a ton of stuff that i need to do.

hope everyone has a great holiday weekend!!

sasa

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks QT, I recently found a natural line of pesticide called EcoSmart. Will see how that work.
Little B get red rash around his mouth and both his ears will turn bright red and he can't stop scratching. It took us about 3 tries
before we figure out he might be allergic to dairy and later confirm with the pediatrician.

puffy, sorry to hear B is sick. Hope both of you get some rest and B feel better soon.

TGal, yay on 10K posts

36.gif

MrsS, how cute of Jake to tell the dog to not eat is food. what a smart boy.

Just saw the New OFF!® Clip·On™ Mosquito Repellent commercial on T.V., I think it's great since it's not applied on the body. [Coupon link removed by Moderator] See forum policies

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
puffy-i''m sorry little b''s been sick. poor little man. are you still feeling all the 2nd trimester energy?

bobo-bummer that your little b has a milk allergy. did you dr. say there is any chance he will be able to grow out of it?

burk-i hope you''re feeling better!! when''s your first dr. appt for the new baby?

tacori-i hope you''re having a nice time away, we miss you here....

tgal- did you ever find anything that worked for Amelia''s knees to protect them?

hope the rest of the mommies are doing well and you all have a wonderful Holiday weekend!!

lili

Ideal_Rock
It sure is slow. Hope everyone is enjoying their 4th of July holiday!

MrsS--
LOL...that''s too cute. Does Jake do the finger shake or head shake too when he says it?

Tacori--
It is unfair. I think guys do just as much henpecking. Maybe it''s because we tolerate them better:razz:

Puffy--
Ah...sorry to hear that B is still not feeling better.
Did you go see the dr?

Bobo--
Bummer about the dairy allergy.
Did the Dr say if B will outgrow it and when you can try introducing milk again?

DD--
Thanks for the info.
I found out this week that they''ve been giving her frozen peas (which she''d given wolfing down) for snacks.

sasa

Brilliant_Rock

Oops...wasn''t aware we can''t post coupon on here. Sorry Ali.

MrsS & lili, the pedi hope he will out grow it when he is older. He didn''t say when we should try introducing milk again so we''ll thinking to let him try again when he is 18 months.

Mrs

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/20/2009 3:39:14 PM
Author: TravelingGal
No problem Mrs! Please, do let me know what you end up with it. There was a beige pearlized at her last sample sale and it looked so classy! And I agree..the patent felt like cellophane to me. The leather on mine is light (and probably thin) but the bag feels sturdy.

Burk, your girl is too funny...I would just laugh if Amelia announced that she needs her diaper changed, and the probably shake my head too. Smart girl you have!

Thanks all for the well wishes...Amelia is much better today and Pedialyte is one of the grossest things I''ve tasted in a long time!
14.gif

Tgal, thanks again for your help re: the Not Rational bag. Fabiana offered me a cream, black, or sand colored natural leather or a champagne distressed leather (no pearlized). So I went with the sand/taupe color - it arrived yesterday and looks great. The leather is soooo much nicer than the patent one that was falling apart. I liked the berry color better but this one is nice too.

Thanks!!

Happy Independence Day everyone!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mrs, glad to hear it!

All, no time to really catch up. Just wanting to say hello and that I am up in Carmel with the hubs. Having a great time and while I miss the kid, it is WONDERFUL to sleep in and just relax. Unfortunately, I am sick, and TGuy is getting it, so no energy for anything but sleeping in and long baths!!
20.gif

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all! L is now standing up on his own. Independence Day indeed!

Have a great holiday!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Janine, this is what Tessa and all her friends have. Not sure why it got the review it did b/c we love it.

Puffy, I feel ya pain. Hope you get some you time soon. The repeating can be cute (like getting her to say people''s names) but can get annoying as well. Hope B feels better soon!

MrsS, I bet Jake is so cute saying no to your lab! hope you are having fun with your family. I always miss you guys when I am away too.

DD, I think he tries to be funny
33.gif
but it just makes me angry.

Lili, see above. I think he thinks he is teasing me in a funny, cute, loving way. But sorry dude, calling me kate g is NOT cute!

TGal, hope you guys feel better soon!

Jas, yay for L! It is so cute when they start standing up

I am surviving in Ohio. It is cold here though!
14.gif
Tessa celebrated 20 months a few days ago. I can''t believe I am going to have a 2 year old in a few months
23.gif
She is kinda out of it from the car ride, poor sleep, new routine (well no routine), etc...She did drink a ton of Lake Erie today when she fell underwater twice. Didn''t even phase her she just coughed. Like I mentioned before she is saying a ton more words. If I ask her to say something she will try. She even has my IL''s dog''s name down (Sadie). Well...I am pretty tired. Just wanted to check in. Miss ya mamas!!!

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
tacori hope T gets back on track with everything. hope you guys continue to enjoy your time in ohio!!

bobo how is little B doing? how are you and mr. bobo? hope all is well with everything and the unpacking and settling in. hopefully, he will outgrow the milk allergy.

mrsS i''m actually still in that burst of energy mode but only the past few days since B has been feeling better and hasn''t been screaming for me in the middle of the night. how is Jake doing?

lili how is J doing? hope the two of you are all better form the cold.

hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of july. we had a blast, but i got so burnt in the process and i am just in pain, both of my arms, shoulders, back are cherry red, sleeping has been painful, and even worse is when i pick up B, he rubs against the burn and it HURTS!!
at one of the events we went to yesterday, there was a 2 year old boy there and B and him we getting along wonderfully where the little boy wanted to come home with us to play. haha. the funny thing is that B and this kid were having an entire conversation about what they like, what they were doing, how old they were, what they wanted to eat. it was the funniest thing ever!! i knew B could talk, but i had no idea he could carry an entire conversation with another person. we have a play date with the little kid on wednesday, so i think B will be very happy. and we went to watch the fireworks, yes i kept B out late, but he LOVED them. and on the way home, he kept looking out the window in the car for more.

maiyavel

Shiny_Rock
Hello everyone... I rarely post, but I have a question...
My 15 month old son started walking about a month ago, and he''s getting better at it, but he walks on the balls of his feet like he''s standing on his toes. Our PED is not worried at all, but I''m a little worried. I try to flex his foot for him to stretch his calves, but he insists on walking like this. He''ll even stand up from his chair on his flat feet, but then rise to his toes to walk away... makes me giggle... any remedies or advice to work on this?

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Tacori
I LOVE the new camera. The picture quality are so much better.
Don''t feel bad about not putting T in swimming class. We don''t go to the beach or pool very often, and that''s why we put M in the class.
Glad you surviving Ohio. LOL. Gosh I can''t believe T is going to be 2 in a few more months. Seem like yesterday when she celebrated her 1st bday.

Tgal
Don''t think I ever congratulate you on the 10k posts and $1000 gift. Congratulations! I love your posts.

puffy
Maybe the DHs get pregnancy brain too. LOL. At least they knew to apologize.
M is doing well. I can tell she is learning things, even though she hasn''t really "hit" any milestones.
How are you doing?
B is such a smartie. I can''t believe he is carrying on a convo like that. How adorable.

janine
Did you get the walker-rider yet? I look at the link you posted and M is using something very similar that is hand-me-down from our nephew. She can push and walk in a straight line. Once she get to an obstacle, she doesn''t know how to turn it and she''ll just sit and crawl.

MrsS
How cute that Jake tells Zoe no-no.

Bobo
Well M only gets a few red spots around her mouth. It doesn''t seem to bother her; she isn''t itchy. I think I''ll keep giving her dairy products for now.
Hope little B outgrows the milk allergy. What are you giving him? soy milk?

lili
Glad you figured out what caused J''s green poop.

jas
Yay for L standing on his own!

Ok I am not going to post a belly pic b/c I have DH takes some tonight and I have to say I don''t think I look as big as I make it sounds. So I would feel rather silly posting it.
25.gif
Sorry ladies.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
tacori-glad you're having fun. it's actually oddly *cool* here in TN with a high of only 80 degrees today
33.gif
that is so funny about Tessa drinking Lake Erie...

puffy-oh I bet little B was so cute with the fireworks. my kids LOVE the 4th. the house we just moved into has an amazing view and we could see 7-8 different firework shows from our deck. they were quite a distance away but the kids didn't mind and I loved beng able to host and not have to drive anywhere. Plus, I put Jake to bed at his normal bed time and the firework noise didn't even wake him up. He's doing great though, thanks for asking. we have his 15 month check-up on friday so I will have recent stats then.

tgal-hope you had a nice little get away. congrats again on the 10K post and the PS gift. any idea what you're going to get??

bobo- Jake outgrew his dairy issues so I hope little B does too.

Jas-Yay for Logan standing! he'll be cruising before you know it.

qt: aw, you should still post the pic. it's fun to see the baby bump progress!!

maiyvavel-If you're ped. says not to worry, try not too. Kids will do all sorts of things to just get around. my middle child use to walk on her tip toes a lot. We always thought she'd be a great ballerina. Your son will be fine.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Hello mommies! I'm so far behind I don't even know where to start!
16.gif
Hope everyone had a great fourth! We took T to a friend's house which was very kid friendly and they had tons of fireworks. She was fairly interested in the fireworks (even gave the mandatory "wow" and "ooh" and "ahh"
9.gif
) but asked to leave to go home and go ni ni around 9:00. DH, being a kid himself didn't want to leave so we stretched it to 10:15 which got ugly on the car ride home as I'm sure you can all imagine.
20.gif
Poor thing slept until 9:30 the next morning which is late for her (she's usually up by 8:30). Other than that, we've been hitting up the zoo, the pool and a going to a bunch of my brother's baseball games. T LOVES baseball. It's so cute. She runs after foul balls with my mom! Okay, enough about us....off to catch up!

Tgal~Congrats on 10,000 posts!!!

Tacori~Glad you're surviving! How did Tessa do in the car? Did you end up getting one of those pillow things? Did she like it?

mrss~Thanks for thinking of me! I have times where I feel better which is nice to have a break...didn't have that with T. My dr. appt is Thursday morning. Is it weird that I'm nervous? When I'm not sick I get all worried that it means we lost the baby. I'm a weirdo!

jas~Yay for L!!!!

maiyvavel~I agree with mrss, if your ped isn't concerned, I wouldn't be. My nephew walked liked that for a long time but is 3 now and walking perfectly normal now.

Okay....I still have tons to catch up with but gotta go fold a load of laundry. Be back in a bit!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
puffy~Yay for 2nd trimester!! You still feeling energized? I can''t wait for that and not being sick of course!
3.gif
My appt is this Thursday. Sounds like B really enjoyed the fourth of July festivities. So cute about carrying on a conversation with that other little boy!

Jas12~It has been a crappy way to spend my summer, but you are right, it is for a good cause! Are you on break yet? Coming up soon, isn''t it? Will you be job sharing next year when you go back?

QT~So cute that M''s swimming lessons went well! Worth the long wait in line, huh?
9.gif
So jealous of your easy pregnancy!
11.gif
I''m really late, but regarding your question about the rash after eating cheese (since we have plenty of experience in this department) I''d say continue to slowly introduce. Sounds like she''s doing fine with the whole milk which is the highest amount of dairy so it probably isn''t an allergy.

lili~I was so hoping this pregnancy would be ms free. Oh well. As long as he/she is healthy that''s all that matters. I''ve had a couple days that it''s come and gone so at least a little break in the action!
21.gif
Now that you''re done with your BF duties, are you working on a brother or sister for Miss J?
3.gif

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Tacori. Did you find it was sturdy enough for when T was just learning to stand (ie when trying to pull herself up)? I think that's the "complaint" I hear most with the plastic walk-rides. Hope you're hanging in there in Ohio meanwhile!

Qtiekiki: haven't bought one, but soon. C can't stand yet, so don't think she'll get much use of it just yet!

Burk/Puffy: hope you're doing well and to see some belly shots soon!

In other news, C's ultrasound went well and all is ok in that area. So it's just a question of time, which is fine. I just wanted to rule out any physical issues since the dr. had concern. C's crawling like crazy in the meantime--when I hold her she wants to get down and crawl which makes for alot of holding her back when we're outside (ie not crawl friendly!). She is at that stage of going after anything she's not supposed to--trash bins, corners full of plugs and plastic bags, people's shoes in corners. Exhausting, but cute too. Cute when she gets her hands on something she shouldn't (or thinks she shouldn't) because her face is full of joy and giggles. The bed is a challenge too now b/c she'll crawl full speed towards the very edge! She also is rejecting cereal lately...only wants youghurt, fruit, avocado or foods not meant for her. So I need to get cracking on coming up with some new food options that taste better. Are there any other grains that can replace cereal?

Hope all had a good long weekend--it was quiet here, so I'm assuming everyone was busy bbq'ing!!

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
qt how are you? glad to hear that M is doing well. i asked DH to take a belly pic today at 15 weeks, and while you can definitely tell there is a bump there, i am definitely not as big as i thought i was. i''m doing pretty well, just excited to get this month over with cause we have the anatomy scan at the end of the month. are you still tired?

mai if your pedi isn''t concerned, then i wouldn''t be either. when they first start to walk, they do all sorts of new things but then they eventually ease into actually walking "correctly."

mrsS that''s so great that you guys had such a good view of so many different shows going on. jakes must be a good sleeper if the noise didn''t even wake him.

janine glad that C''s ultrasound went well. it sounds like she is doing very well with the crawling. no belly shots yet...still a little shy. haha, just kidding. maybe in the coming few weeks when i really start to pop. i know there is a bump, but it''s still pretty minor for now. oh and one of B''s push toys had a lift up seat for storage so i just put some weights in there so it wouldn''t flip over when he was pulling himself up.

burk so glad to see you!!! B is a non-stop chatting machine these days. we were at lunch with friends and we were all talking, and i guess B felt left out, so he had to get in some words and sentences every now and then to make sure we knew he was still there. at one point, he even shouted, "look at me!!!" haha, kids!! how are you feeling? how''s the house coming along?

hope everyone is doing well!!!

lili

Ideal_Rock
TGal--
Bummer about your and TGuy being sick,
but I have to say that long baths and sleeping in is my idea of a vacation :)
Hope you guys feel well soon.

Tacori--
I know what you mean about DH teasing you to get a rise out of you.
My BIL does that to my sister all the time. He just likes getting her all riled up and screaming like a madwoman
40.gif

Wow, can''t believe MsT is going to be 2 so soon.

Puffy--
Haha, B is such a chatterbox!
That''s great you guys had a blast on 4th of July.
Bummer about the burn though
15.gif

J and I are doing great, though J did threw up yesterday and had no appetite whatsoever.
Don''t know what it was, but she''s ok this morning.

Mai--
Like the others have said, I wouldn''t worry about it.
My little girl walked on her tippy toes at first too and for the longest time.
We find that she''s more inclined to walk flat when she''s got shoes on, though she doesn''t like walking w/ them at first.

QT--
We''d still love to see your belly pictures.
I love seeing how the preggo belly progresses.

Burk--
At least you are getting a little break here and there.
Hang in there, second tri is just around the corner.
Haha, maybe in a few months. I need to get my teeth checked first
14.gif

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Hi Mommies!
Sorry I have been so MIA lately.
Just wanted to pop in and say hello
35.gif
and I miss you all.
Hope everyone is doing well and having a nice summer, and that the kids (and husbands) are behaving themselves.
I am a good 15 or so pages behind, but I will try to catch up a little later.
xoxo
ILC

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results