clarity

PS Mommy Thread-Newborn to 12 months!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Sha- thank you for your kind words

Happy New Year everyone

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Allie, A is totally hooked on the boob tube. He likes Sesame Street, Wonder Pets, Sponge Bob, Giada de Laurentis, and Miami Vice.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Charbie~ She does look like a Cabbage Patch! lol

re: tv- JT would casually glance at the tv and then stare at it and I didn't think it was a big deal. One day I was watching one of my normal shows, Bones or House or something, and a character was upset and crying. It freaked JT out! He started bawling. So just remember, babies can't differentiate fact from fiction. If that person in the box is upset. It's real to your LO.

Had to add this Christmas pic....

She got a baby doll and wrestled the magnetic pacifier from her.

LilyChristmas2010.JPG

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Warm fuzzies at all the cute little bebes! M.E.L.T. :love: :love:

SS, love little Lily's pictures. She looks like a naughty little elf that knows *exactly* how cute she is (and therefore can get away with it)

Allie, Glad C survived the trip. Even if it was a little rough around the edges... If you don't mind me asking, what kind of camera do you have? I like the quality of pictures you take. I think it looks like some kind of DSLR, but can you provide specifics?

Mere, Love the Christmas pics. Look at that cutie pie!

HH, tee hee! Looks like you have a little ladies man on your hands :)

Noel, what adorable pictures of your little angel! I hope the thrush passes soon.

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
forgot today is Friday and get to post a pic. I cheated and made a collage. 1.5 hrs to go for New Year's over here. thankfully Skye is sleeping through all the fireworks today (it is legal to buy them here so they've been going off all day).

noelwrskye31dec10.JPG

drk

Brilliant_Rock
Here's an Xmas pic of K.

I'm loving all the gorgeous photos on here. Keep them coming!

Kara Xmas tree small.JPG

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh I am LOVING all these BABY PICS!!!!! :appl: Stinkin ADORABLE!!! :love: :love:

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
drk~ I bet K LOVED the Christmas tree! She looks like she's ready to dive into it!

Noel~ Skye has a beautifully shaped mouth. I just noticed with that collage. She's got a perfect kiss!

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
drk - ooh, K looks like she knows she's cute enough to get away with things!

shiny - yes, I noticed that as well, when she isn't pulling funny faces or sticking out her tongue. sometimes she's even got Angelina Jolie lips going. better keep her away from the boys.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
HH, the pwitty mamas picture is SO cute. Gosh he's getting so big so fast!

Allie, that Charlie is going to be a lady killer someday, I can tell. Those baby blues slay me! And LOL at his face watching tv - he is totally fixated. Micah loves tv, too. He especially loves anything with singing. Sister Act is his favorite movie.

SS, Lily has the best cheeks ever!

noel, I love that upper right picture best. He looks amazed by something lol. Such a cutie!

drk, K is such a little doll! She is gorgeous.

Micah stood up in his crib tonight, by himself. He scared the CRAP out of me and I ran in and scooped him up right away. I probably startled the heck out of him, poor guy. He is teething BAD, drooling and chewing and he's restless. And hot. He's asleep now, but it took an hour to get him down and I finally resorted to rocking him like I used to when he was a month old. I haven't done that in ages. Poor baby, I feel so bad for him.

Since I have missed the last several BPF's. Try to ignore the nose crusties, hah. The teething makes his nose run, too.

5314740718_853be7beec.jpg

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
Skye: 25 days old

MonkeyPie|1293940852|2812034 said:
noel, I love that upper right picture best. He looks amazed by something lol. Such a cutie!

;( SHE. that's okay, I know it's often hard to tell with babies. sometimes DH parts her hair in the middle and then she really looks like a boy.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Re: Skye: 25 days old

noelwr|1293974229|2812221 said:
MonkeyPie|1293940852|2812034 said:

;( SHE. that's okay, I know it's often hard to tell with babies. sometimes DH parts her hair in the middle and then she really looks like a boy.

OMG I did say he. I'm sorry! I totally knew she was a girl too :(sad

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Hi moms! I wanted to wish everyone a Happy New Year! I love all of the baby pics! I don't have time to post one, resize, etc, but I will soon.

Bfeeding is going pretty well, but he will sit there and feed on me for an hour or more if I let him! It's crazy. So I've started pumping and building up a supply, not only for nightimes, but for daycare once he starts in March. Man oh man I feel like a cow. My boobs start to itch and I get ancy, so I'll let him feed, then bottle him until he's full. I didn't think I could produce so much milk, but it's kind of fun and kind of a competition with myself to see how much I get after I pump. Is the feeding for an hour normal? He takes SO long, and I don't think he's doing it for comfort, because it takes him more than 30 minutes to suck down a 3 ounce bottle. He's just a slow eater I guess. :cheeky:

Also, I feel myself getting super sad that he'll grow up. I'm trying to savor every moment like everyone always says. And I don't want him to grow up! I hung out with a 4 month old and a 10 month old over New Years, and it made me sad to think he'll be there one day. Not because they weren't fun, but because then he'll turn into a one year old, then he'll be going to kindergarten, then he'll be driving...I know I'm absolutely crazy, but it's really bumming me out! Every mother that holds him just loves holding a newborn, and they always say they wished their own were this size, and that makes me even more sad. I hope I'm explaining myself correctly. I guess I'm scared that once he's 3, 9, 14 years old, I'll long for these days that I'm in right now.

And I just realized I'm the "youngest" mom on here! Get ready...there are a lot of girls coming up behind me!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
So funny, I'm 'graduating' in a month and the next wave of preggos is starting to pop!!

Lanie... don't worry too much about him growing. It'll happen. And you'll love every minute of it. I definitely miss J as a small blob but each stage is more fun than the last. And to see them start to interact with you, it's awesome. Just try to savor the time you have together because it does pass fast!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Lanie.. I feel like your posts could be my own these days! From being so in love with mommy hood to already feeling sad that your little baby will grow up. Hubby is always telling jumper that mommy wants him to be a tiny baby forever while he wants him to run and jump :cheeky: Of course watching him grow up will be a joy, but they are so precious and sweet. I wonder if we feel this in part due to the always looming threat of returning to work. Sigh. Do you pump at night when Anderson gets a bottle?

Noel.. We are treating the thrush, both me and baby. I think it is getting better but I still have a lot of nipple pain :knockout:

Mara.. Cannot believe your little J is almost a year either! He is becoming such a gorgeous little boy.

Allie.. Charlie is so cute! Love those big eyes.

Ss.. Lily is adorable. And hilarious trying to steal the paci from her little doll. Crazy baby!

Charger.. Sorry to hear about your dad. That makes for a tough holiday for sure.

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Mara. After I posted last night, I felt I was being whiny. I think I was just in a sad mood. You are so right about the stages where he will interact more with me. And I'm glad to see you have liked every stage but loved the next ones on deck. That makes me feel so much better! By the way, I loved your picture collage! What are you thinking of doing for his bday party?!?

Kunzite--I hope your little guy was able to come home. I can't imagine having him in the hospital for so long. Every day is one day closer, but hopefully now he's back!

Noel--hope you are doing ok. My baby has spit up a few times after feeding, so I'm glad you posted that yours did too! My pedi said it was normal. And now my little guy is getting baby acne...I feel so bad bc it looks it itches but I guess it's ok and doesn't bother them!

MP--I didn't know teething was such a nightmare until after hearing you girls on this thread. Hope he gets through it soon!

ETA: Charger--I'm sorry about your father. It's never a good time, but holidays make it more bittersweet. He got to meet his grandson so that must be some comfort.

Icekid--I'm glad I'm not the only one! I think it does have to do with going back to work! When do you go back? I pump only one night session. It was a PITA ( like Fiery said on the other thread!) but I'm getting more used to it. I only pump 15 min about 5 times a day. It cuts down my window of sleep though. Do you pump and feed?

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Lanie, I've shed quite a few tears over J getting older, did so yesterday in fact. Watching her grow is amazing, but I've wished for a pause button since day one. As for breastfeeding, an hour or more is normal in the beginning. We once had a marathon 3 hour feed, and hysterical screaming when I tried to stop her. With the growing/getting older comes faster eating.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lanie, N’s pretty efficient at nursing now but he would nurse for a REALLY long time sometimes. As he got older, our nursing sessions got shorter. Now, he can empty a boob in about 7 minutes!

Charger, so sorry to hear about your dad. I’m sure it’s terribly difficult especially with all of the other transition going on in your life. I’m glad that he was able to meet N before passing.

MP, oh! That picture is just precious.

SS, love that pic of Lily! Is she sitting up? N doesn’t even seem close to be honest. He either bends in half and folds forward or throws himself back. In due time, right? I’m in no rush!

Noel, I love the little collage. S seriously looks like a different baby in each pic!

DRK, too cute! Kara is getting to be such a big girl. She’s starting to look a little toddler-ish.

AFM, some of you have read my whining in the BF thread but we’re struggling over here! We’re tired! Oh, the two months that N slept 12 hours at night were absolute heaven and we didn’t take it for granted. Now, he’s waking 2 or 3 times per night. I’m hoping it’s just a phase and we’ll be remembering these late nights fondly someday soon. Last night, he was awake from 12:30 to 3 then again at 4:30. This morning, I fell asleep nursing him and DH and I slept through both of our alarms. DD got up, showered and left for school without waking us! She probably didn’t want to take her life into her hands by waking her parents who had been up with a baby all night!

On the bright side, N is an absolute pleasure during the day. We’re having a blast playing with him and watching him discover the world.

Anyone have issues with cradle cap? N’s seems to have come back and he CLAWS his head up. You think it itches? Any advice to get rid of it? We’ve tried the olive oil before bath trick and eucerin baby wash (which has helped the eczema but not the cradle cap).

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Charger, I am so sorry to hear about your father. My husbands grandmother died the day before Mother's Day, being close to a holiday makes it so much harder.

Sha- C sleeps for between 11 and 12 hours a night. I don't think it is a lack of sleep that is causing him to get tired so soon. I try to stretch his first nap to 2.5 hours after waking, but sometimes he just can't keep his little eyes open.

Lanie, congrats on the supply! Also, re: the upset feelings about getting older, I had the same ones... and just like Mara, I have enjoyed every new step so much more than the last!
C just started sitting up and standing up in his crib, and I love the way he gleams the minute you walk into the room to pick him up after sleeping... it is the BEST! Everytime the LO's do something new to melt your heart, you think there is no way they could do anything better, and then they do... and you fall madly in love all over again. Kids are the best.

MP- We bought the video monitor like 4 months ago and immediately stopped using it... but like Micah, C has started standing up now, so we set it up again last night. It is very good for my mind to click it on the in the morning when he is just talking to himself, and be able to see that he isn't in any harm.
We are moving the mattress to the lowest setting today. Such a PITA since ours involves removing screws & nuts which isn't easy when leaning over hte top of a crib, I wish we had just moved it all the way down 2 weeks ago, when we fixed it because he was sitting up.
Also, I love the picture. I realized this morning, that I have already failed on my 365 project. lol.

Noel- Beauty! She is becoming so aware!

Drk- Hi!! She has changed so much!!

Kunzite- I hope everything is going well!! Love seeing the updated pics of your little blessing!!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pupp-it's a 4/5mo thing and we're living the hell right now ourselves. A was up literally EVERY HOUR last night! And he's starting to get cradle cap as well.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hudson_Hawk|1294079316|2813280 said:
Pupp-it's a 4/5mo thing and we're living the hell right now ourselves. A was up literally EVERY HOUR last night! And he's starting to get cradle cap as well.

What the freak? Glad to hear I'm not the only one but sorry you're exhausted too.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Cradle Cap: We tried baby and olive oils....fail. Her ped told us to try Selsun Blue, just a little bit, it cleared it all up.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Cradle Cap- We used the Cradle Cap Care, rubbed it in and combed it out as much as she'd let me. It was miserable because of how much hair she has. Switched to BB Baby Wash (I believe I have Pandora to thank for that rec) and haven't had a single flake since!

Lily is sitting up fairly well. She still throws herself back though so I have to stay right by her. She's still not rolling-only flipping one direction and within a tenth of a second of being on her tummy. Teething has started and we've had a couple rough nights.

DH had his first day of first shift today, yay! It's so weird to see him so much and eat dinner together. I'm already hooked! lol

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
I feel bad... I am quite impatient for her to grow up, make good eye contact me, give me the first smile, actually play with some toys and just be more responsive and easier to understand. when did you ladies start understanding what the different cries mean? we are still at a loss.

Lanie for the bottle, you might think of getting the next size-up nipple. it will have a larger hole, allowing Anderson to drink quicker. DH decided to try this yesterday as Skye keeps falling asleep while drinking and doesn't finish her bottle. seems to be helping, but then she needs a lot of time sucking the pacifier because she doesn't get the soothing feeling of sucking for a long time on the breast as well.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
N- I was kind of like you. C's first 2 months were horrible, and all I wished for, was just some positive feedback. The first day he finally smiled at me (around 7 or 8 weeks) I broke down into tears. After the smiling things start to happen so rapdily you can't even keep track of wht is "supposed" to happen next! So much fun!

As for the different cries, I never saw a difference early on. It helped me, that once he was on a good eating schedule I *knew* when he wasn't hungry, so it had to be something else bothering him. The first few months are hard, because you never know if it is a growth spurt and they really are hungry again. Back then, C would cry like everything was a life threatening situation.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
I just had to add this. Our family is finally sending around all of the pictures everyone took.

C and his cousin, 2 days older, hanging out at the mountian house over of Christmas trip! :love:

c and cousin 12.21.10.jpg

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
somethingshiny|1294116653|2813806 said:
Cradle Cap- We used the Cradle Cap Care, rubbed it in and combed it out as much as she'd let me. It was miserable because of how much hair she has. Switched to BB Baby Wash (I believe I have Pandora to thank for that rec) and haven't had a single flake since!

Lily is sitting up fairly well. She still throws herself back though so I have to stay right by her. She's still not rolling-only flipping one direction and within a tenth of a second of being on her tummy. Teething has started and we've had a couple rough nights.

DH had his first day of first shift today, yay! It's so weird to see him so much and eat dinner together. I'm already hooked! lol

By BB do you mean Burt's Bees? I think we have some of that around. If that doesn't work, I'm going to try the selsen blue. Maybe I can find a trial size or something! All of that dandruff shampoo for one little baby with very little hair... :bigsmile:

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Lanie.. I've not been pumping much yet. Little jumper man has only had two bottles so far. At first, I really did not want him to get lazy from the faster bottle flow. And now it just seems easier to give him the boob for food and comfort :cheeky: but he probably should start having a daily bottle soon, since there are a ton of them in his future when I go back to work ;( a freezer stash would be nice too. I am really worried pumping won't give me enough milk to keep with bm exclusively.

Noel.. I don't think you'll have to wait too long for a little more interaction. Our little guy makes tons of eye contact now and has been giving us huge smiles for about the past week. (he is five weeks today.) It melts my heart! And he loves to play on his gymini play mat. The smiles are the best :love: not super sure about different cries yet, but O definitely has one for why are you torturing me with this diaper change?! I am getting better at tired or hungry now though.

Pupp.. And HH..Yikes this four month wakeful sounds scary, since I will back at work. And hubby wll be alone with him at night every time I am on call. Oh well, we will all make it! Hope both of you ladies are feeling better rested asap.

Ss.. How great that hubby is on day shift. Both you and the kids must be thrilled.

Meresal.. I'm so glad to hear that each stage gets better and better, even though I am sure there are wistful moments. C is so so cute. Love the cousin photo! My little guy has a cousin who is two months older than him, but we have not met him yet because they live too far away.

Kimberley.. Are you thinking of number two anytime soon? How old is sweet jane now?

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
meresal|1294159839|2814033 said:
I just had to add this. Our family is finally sending around all of the pictures everyone took.

C and his cousin, 2 days older, hanging out at the mountian house over of Christmas trip! :love:

Oh my gosh, look how similar their eyes are! What a pair of cuties...though I admit I am a tad partial to C lol.

Micah slept AWESOME last night for the first in ages. Usually he sleeps really good at grandma's, not so much at home. But last night, only one wake-up at midnight and he was happy once I scooped him up. I think we could have actually skipped the bottle if I had rocked him a bit, but DH already had it made and ready so he got it anyway.

He's also been SUPER hyper. Like bouncing off the walls, wanting us to help him walk. All. Day. Long. My parents were exhausted last night when I came for him, I could tell. After ten minutes I was tired, too! I am both looking forward to and dreading the day he walks...he will be happier, but I will have to chase him constantly. Oh well, it will help burn calories!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Ice- Thank you. DH and I are planning on having more kids, so I don't think I am getting the full effect of the whistful moments, however, I am terrified that I am going to get it ten fold after we have our last.
BTW, C's cousin and my sister live in CA. So this was only the second time they have met. First time was when they were just over 2 months old. We take tons and tons of pictures when they get around eachother! My sister and I want them to be great buds as they grow up, so we are going to try to make sure we see eachother at least once a year.

MP- Thanks! I'm pretty partial too, but watchign them together is just plain awesome.
Congrats on Micah sleeping better! So glad to hear it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results