PS Mommy Thread-Newborn to 12 months!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh.My.Gosh! That kid is just too cute!

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
HH - look at that cute double-chin and the droopy folds under the eyes! :love:

Kunzite - aw, I bet Ollie has made millions of girlfriends now. I love his smile giving him Asian looking eyes, hehe.

puppmom - I'll check for the gap. the nurse-lady who was here for 8 days after I came out of the hospital to take care of me and Skye said I could start with sit-ups, but just shoulders off the floor first.

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
if you get your period within 6 weeks after labor, how do you know it's your period when you are still losing blood?

the midwife says that my period could start as early as 3 weeks after labor, which is today. not that I think I have my period now, but I am still wearing pantyliners due to small blood flow. how will I know I have my period? by menstrual cramps and heavier flow? I didn't miss my period the last 9 months, that's for sure!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your flow (can't think of the proper term) now will soon turn to more of a clear liquid and then dissipate all together. Your period will be like your period. It could come with cramps and typical PMS symptoms or it could just randomly start. It also could be heavier/lighter than it was before. I got my period around 11 weeks PP after going on the pill. I stopped pumping at 6 weeks so I got a good solid month with no period (yay!). When I got it I was expecting it because I had gotten to the end of my cycle with the pills, but it came on the 3rd day after starting my placebo week vs the 2nd day like it was before I had Aidan. It was really heavy as well and lasted probably 6 days versus 3-4 before Aidan. This last cycle was pretty normal flow and was back to 3-4 days long.

ETA: not to state the obvious, but just a general PSA. Use protection during sex regardless of whether you're BFing/Pumping or have not had AF yet. You can ovulate at any time after having a baby. The no pregnancy during BFing is an old wives tale.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Hello mamas... hope you all had wonderful holidays with your precious babies! Love all of the cutie photos... what good lookin' kids :appl:

Kunzite- glad to hear Ollie is doing well. He is so precious. I cannot wait until you can bring him home. It won't be long now!

Lanie- congratulations!! Anderson is gorgeous. I feel the same way as you do about mommy-hood... totally over the moon happy :love:

noel- I have been all over the internet shopping, too! The UPS guy is our new best friend.

re: getting back in shape. I am going to wait to start working out until I get the official okay at 6 weeks from my OB since I did have some tearing. It's just not worth the risk, to me. I want everything to heal up well down there so urinary continence is maintained!! hahaha. I gained 23 lbs and am now only a few pounds over pre-preggo, but I have fat that was never there before! aka belly and my hips are much wider than normal. Perhaps some of the hip problem can be attributed to spread, which will hopefully get better over time. But from the side, my stomach is actually pretty flat. So strange. On the plus side, my belly somehow avoided stretch marks! I was convinced they were inevitable, given my previous predilection for them.

As for me and Jumper, we are battling a yeast/thrush problem. He nurses well, but I was still having stabbing nipple pain when he nurses. And can barely wear a shirt because they are so painful and sensitive. ;( It seems to be a really difficult problem to eradicate, but we're working on it. Breast feeding would be so much more pleasant if it didn't feel like I was getting stabbed in the boob every time he eats! Any other BFing moms deal with this? It is really awful.

And a couple last Christmas photos! The first was at a week old and the second was actually on Christmas. He is almost one month already! Time flies... I feel so acutely aware that he is going to grow so fast ;(

DSC_0944.JPG

JumperChristmas.jpg

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Kunzite~ O looks great! You're always in my prayers, hope he comes home soon!

Did someone say chunky??

Lily sporting her RockerByeBaby look. (on etsy) It's an 18 mo! :shock:

LilyRBB1.JPG

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
OH MY GOSH!!!! These babies are so ADORABLE!!! aw, what little angels :appl: :appl:

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kunzite.. O is so so flippin' cute..!! I really hope he can come home soon.

LOL @ the chunker babies. Adorable.

Ice.. love J's little holiday outfit--cutie pie!

Not too much to report here... other than I ordered J's invites for his first birthday. UM YES, I said first birthday. I can't believe it but he will be 11mo in 3 days. Crazy! I don't know where the time has gone. Really I know everyone says this but they grow SO SO fast--so enjoy and document whatever you can!

And he's like a little sponge of data right now. He will watch us doing something, like blowing air on him and he will start doing it a second later! He makes clicking noises with his tongue, he can purse his lips, he sucks his cheeks in like a fish (thank Daddy for that one), it's all just so hilarious.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Noel~ I got my first period 5.5 weeks after delivery. I was still bleeding from the surgery but it had turned dark and thick. When my actual period started it became thinner and red for a few days, then went back to post-partum discharge for a few days before finally stopping.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
:-o :-o :-o Mara, How did that happen?!?!?!?! I can't believe J is almost 1!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
OMG, all of these angelic and sweet newborns are making me melt!!!!!!!!!!

How can they all be so gorgeous????!!!!

Somethingshiny, every photo of Lily is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! What a gorgeous little baby! She looks just like a DOLL! So unbelievably cute and just...PRETTY!

Icekid - Jumper is the cutest ever! Love the eyes!!!!! So handsome! Love the stocking photo!!!

Hudson - your wee one has the most striking and arresting eyes! SO WONDERFUL!!!!!! Love his hat!

Oh Kunzite, your baby is sooooooooo stinking cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That smile!!!

Ohhhhhh Lanie!!!!! What a beautiful little angel. :appl:

Noelwr, I can't believe how sweet Skye is! Love her name, too! She is a doll!!!!!!!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I know I've been MIA lately, but I wanted to say how beautiful all the baby pics are... and congrats to the new mamas! My Jacob turned 1 today (I know... :-o ), so I'm sort of graduating... I hope to have time to come over here still though! Happy new year to everyone!

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
noel - It's funny that you mention Asian eyes. I've been wondering if they look like that to anyone else, but how do you ask that? HAHA! DH gets asked if he's part Asian quite a bit which I totally don't see, the majority of his heritage is Norwegian. It's just something about the eyes I guess!

icekid - BOOOO to thrush!! That sounds awful. I've had my share of boob problems over the last 7 weeks, but luckily thrush isn't one of them (yet...). I hope you're able to beat it soon. Jumper is so cute in his little Christmas outfit!!

shiny - Thank you so much for keeping LO in your prayers. That really means a lot to me. Lily is such a doll!

mara - Nearly a year... wow!!! Where does time go??

Bliss - Thanks for checking in!! You're getting so close. I can't wait to meet your LO!!

On our end things are dragging on. First they wanted to see how O would do eating on demand for 24 hours, then it was 48 hours... now they want to see for another day. Apparently he's not eating as much as they want. His nurse today seemed sure he would be coming home on Friday. We'll see. That would be perfect timing for us because our insurance changes on the first and it's going to be a mess if he's still in the hospital. So I hope she's right!!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
all~ thanks! We think she's cute. :tongue:

Kunzite~ Lots of dust for O to come home Fri! I hadn't thought about asian eyes until now, but I see it a little bit. Not really noticeable to me until it was said though. He's a gorgeous little man!

HH~ GAH! Every time I scroll past A's pics, I just grin! I love how you can see his personality in photos! And I have a thing for cheekies!

Icekid~ I love the pic of Jumper sleeping in Santa's bag!

Skye and Anderson are so cute, I just want to cuddle them!

Anchor and Mara~ :-o Where did the time go?? I can't believe these babies are becoming toddlers so quickly!

We'll be having another baby boom soon!

This is DH's last night on second shift! Jan 3rd we have a normal daytime life!!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Omg all the babies. Ah, I love Christmastime - so many adorable pictures. Sweeties! :love:

Mara, a year?! Omg! Where did the time go??? Where did you order your invites from?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i know ladies, where does the time go??? i know time has passed, but almost a whole year? wow.

here is the back of his invite--a collage of his months. obviously it's not really 12mo since i just did the invite but since i wanted them to be printed now i fudged the timeline a little. the 3rd to last is 9mo, the 2nd to last is 9.75mo and the 3rd to last is 10.5, but it's got a xmas tree in it so i figure it can count as jan lol! i love looking at the last pic and the first in comparison. so crazy!! my little blob is a boy.

MP i got them at tiny prints. i love their designs!

untitledJDbackinvite.jpg

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Mara, that collage of J's first year is awesome! What a neat idea! Can't believe he's turning 1 already. Are you doing a birthday party?

Love all the pics!! All the babies are just adorable!

mere - I meant to delurk and say earlier that that 'scrunchy nose' pic is so cute! Dalila does the 'scrunchy nose' thing too, but when she's making funny faces. I thought she was the only one.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
will post more later but I HAVE to comment on your invites, Mara! They're beautiful and what a fantastic idea!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Ladies, the babies are too cute!

Sha- Thank you! The scrunching is just too cute for words!

Ice- Jumper is adorable and SS- YOu little one is so precious! I cannot get over all of that hair!

Mara- Again, love the invites. The collage on the back was such a great idea.

Noewlr... I had bleeding from delivery for almost 5 weeks. THEN, my period returned at like 10 weeks. (much much earlier than all the other mom's who have been BF'ing.)

I am going thru denial, but I am pretty sure that C is dropping his second nap of the day!!! Horror!!!
For the last 3 days he has been taking a 2.5-3 hour nap about 2 hours after waking up, and then he just isn't getting tired in the afternoon. If he does get tired, it isn't until like 6, and then if I were to let him go down for a nap, he wouldn't go to bed until 10pm. Is this ok? What would you do? Do you just let him keep taking that long nap, or would you start waking him up at 1.5 hours, in order to make sure he still gets an afternoon nap in?

Up until now, I have just been letting his schedule tell me what to do, and follow, but I just feel like it is way too early to only have one nap a day?? Any advice??

and here is our Christmas picture: (I had to add two... and honestly I could add 15... they are all too cute IMO!)

Christmas morning with IL family. Texas. PS.jpg

Christmas morning with my family. Colorado. PS.jpg

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
thanks for the feedback on the period. I hate pads and panytliners. can't wait to go back to tampons after the 6 weeks pp.

Mara - what a fantastic idea for a 1st birthday party card! I especially like the photo of Julian with the dog. and the one with the hat... how cute!

Kunzite - it's probably just the cheeks and the eyes being closed causing the Asian look. Skye had such a round face when she was born that she had Asian-eyes so everyone said she looked like me (I'm part Indonesian), but now her eyes don't do that anymore so now she looks like Daddy. :twirl:

icekid - are you and Jumper both taking medication for the thrush?

shiny - aw, look at Lily's armfolds.

meresal - I was told never to keep the baby awake (unless waking up for feedings which I guess is not applicable if you are babyled feeding) as it affects brain development... but I don't know until what age this is recommended.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
I'm loving all the pics! What cuties!
And welcome to all the new mamas

I've been MIA and lying low the past couple of weeks, but have been reading and sending good vibes to all.

My father passed away earlier this month so I've been grieving and spending time with family. Christmas was bittersweet- I got into the spirit around the week before, so had to scramble to get presents for N and finish decorating the house. We had a lovely day and he was super cheery because of all the excitement around him.

N turned 6 months on the 15th, and was a trooper getting his shots. He continues to be on the small side, weighing in at 13lbs/11ozs that day. But as his pedi said, "all good things come in small packages" and he's not worried at all about his weight or development.

We tried again with solids about 2 weeks ago and what a difference a month makes! He just wasn't ready last month, but this time around he's all over it. He LOVES sweet potato and avocado and we're moving on to other foods this weekend- I think that banana and peas are next on the list.

That's the news for now!

Sha

Ideal_Rock
awww meresal! I just love that pic! :love: The hubs and C are sooo handsome! Love how they're both looking at the camera and smiling.

Re naps - I don't know. That seems a bit early in the day to take such a long nap. What time does he generally go to bed and get up for the day? I'm just wondering whether he might still be a bit tired upon waking up, thus going down again so early. Seems like the early nap and then the late nap could hamper his overall schedule. 6 pm nap, I wonder if you still put him down to bed relatively early(whenever his usual bedtime is), - whether things would end up evening out. If he goes to bed at 10 pm and then still wakes up early, then he probably isn't getting all the rest he needs, and then might need another early nap to make up for that...? That's just my initial thought. I think when D dropped her 2nd nap, she was taking one 2 hr nap generally around 1 pm, with sometimes a shorter nap (45 min) at 6 pm. I would still put her down close to 8 pm, though.

Chargergrrl - so sorry for your loss... :((

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is from a few weeks ago, but it was on DH's phone and I think it's just too cute not to post...

CIMG0083.jpg

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
My DH and I took a road trip up north with Charlie for the holidays. The trip up was smooth sailing, and trip back however was TERRIBLE we got stuck in so much traffic. Poor little guy was a trooper the entire time until he could not take it anymore. I felt so bad for him, he was crying like I have never heard him cry before. Our 6 hour trip ended up taking 11 hours.

We had a great time hanging out with family and seeing his little cousin who is 11 months older than Charlie, it is hard to imagine that he will be like that in a few short months, running around and being a little boy. We start daycare on Tuesday so I am mentally preparing myself but I know next week will be really hard on me so I am just soaking him up every minute of the day.

He was 11 weeks on Tuesday and I can't believe how much he has changed over the last few months.

168459_913265865812_9105265_48012472_1478810_n.jpg

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Allie~ Looks like Charlie fared well by his cute picture! luckily he won't remember the trip.

HH~ OMG, that is the cutest pic!

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
Allie - wow, Charlie's got gorgeous eyes!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HH, that pic made me smile. I logged on last night after putting N to bed. He had be screaming for about an hour so I was spent. That pic was just the pick me up I needed!

Allie, Charlies is just the cutest! I don't know what is but there is something special about that kid. He just looks like such an angel!

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Ss: that picture of Lily cracks me up. She seriously looks like a little cabbage patch doll and im amazed by all that hair! So stinking cute.

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you ladies...he is just the sweetest little boy. I seriously don't know how we got so lucky. All the PS ladies bake the cutest little lads and lasses.

I could not help but to take a picture today. I SQUEEEEZED him into a 6 month outfit that my mom bought him. His new obsession is the TV, he will just stare at it. I have to censor what I put on TV now.

So here he is, just chillin' with his Sophie, watching the Jersey Shore.

Charlie12-31-1003.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results