shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Mommies Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/11/2009 2:54:13 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Well, if we do split it up, do we leave this one, or let the others start the new one? And how to make the split?

I'm for the split, even though I do love to support new moms because it's just the toughest time. But if they feel it's a place they can talk about themselves and we can come in to support, vs trying to keep up with the rest of us when they are sleep deprived, it might work out better. I just can't keep up with this thread anymore...

tgal, I like your idea of doing 2008 and prior. I'd be happy to start one. the rest can stay here and decide if there ever comes a time for them to break off too...

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Tgal~Sorry there''s more stuff going on with the teeth. I HATE anything dental related (had a bad experience with my wisdom teeth being removed). I''ll be thinking of you! I wish there was a way we could do a PS mom group that was moderated but closed to "lurkers." Oh well. I can see the advantages to a split of threads. This one moves fast and is hard to keep up with.

sdbe~The open house went really good. We only had 4 couples show, but 2 were very interested (one even scheduled a follow-up visit). Keeping our fingers crossed.

puffy~No GC-cash instead and a card. Pretty typical. He told me to "go shopping" like he usually does. At least he bought a nice card.
40.gif
The open house went really well and we''re pretty optimistic. We can''t do another one this coming weekend because DH is out of town and my little brother graduates.

diva~Yay for the backwards crawl! And another yay to TTC. Does your sitter just give a discount for having more than one child there? Our daycare does that.

lili

Ideal_Rock
msb
great to see you back!
oh wow, so much went on in your life in the past couple of months.
hope things are slowing down (except for your side business).
anyway, can''t wait to hear and see everything -- K, party, cuppies, and ring
5.gif

nyc
Awwwee....your twinkies are so tiny and cute!
Love their onesies.

janine
Haha, J is a hot head too (figuratively and literally).
Her head would be soaking wet everytime I nursed her even w/ the AC and fan on.

Jas12
36.gif
36.gif
for Co standing unassisted.
He''s probably like my younger niece -- who doesn''t crawl or pull up on anything.
She just stood up one day and started walking.

lili

Ideal_Rock
TGal
Haven't seen you on this thread in a while.
How's sweet little A doing?
How cute about the "how big are you" trick.
My stubborn J wouldn't do anything we tell her
38.gif

I hate to be a broken record....but hey woman, where are those pictures of A huh?

MrsS
Hehe, that's how I define walking too -- when they spend 95% of the time on their feet instead of all fours.
I think Jake is going to walk within the week since he's able to stand up w/o assistance.

Diva
Yay for TTC!

--------
Re: splitting thread. I'm for creating a prior 2008 for the older mommies since most of us will not be posting much pictures of LOs once they are older.
This way, we'll keep all the cute litte kiddies in one thread
41.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi lili!

Yeah, I know...I just haven''t to keep up because there''s so much I want to respond to but it takes me ages to type it all out.

As for tricks...that one was the only one we really "taught" her (maybe snapping is the other one). The rest we just take something she already does and give it a name, then applaud when she does it again. She has one right now where she puts her arms straight behind her. So we call that one "stretch!" Now she does stretch on command. Just repetition and positive reinforcement, I guess.

Amelia does understand the words: no, back, "ta" (when we ask for something), bak-soo (Korean for clapping), snap, stretch, turn the page, and some other things. I hear by the time they speak their first 25 words, they understand much much more than that...about 200 words or so.

And I haven''t downloaded pics yet, including Amelia''s one year birthday! But I do have this crap one taken with my blackberry that I emailed to myself, so I do have it on my computer. It was taken 4-17, so she''s over a year old.

ame4-17.jpg

peonygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much Neatfreak, I definitely feel a lot better!! Do you happen to remember what your weight gain broken down by trimester was? One of my friends with a singleton also told me that she didn''t gain any in the first trimester but it was very easy to put it on later. I seem to remember that your boys were good size too, maybe like 5 lbs?

lili

Ideal_Rock
TGal
EEEE...so cute! and she looked so happy in her BOB.
Wow, her hair is getting pretty long and it's so nice and neat too.
Did you give her a trim or is that how it grew?
That'll appease me for now...but I still want to see those bday pictures w/ the birthday hat!
(and I'm sure Grandma Linda's neck is stretched a mile waiting for them too
41.gif
)

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I agree with what has been said about splitting the thread. I like the 2008 and prior idea. I don''t want anyone to feel excluded but it is getting overwhelming.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/11/2009 3:52:35 PM
Author: peonygirl
Thanks so much Neatfreak, I definitely feel a lot better!! Do you happen to remember what your weight gain broken down by trimester was? One of my friends with a singleton also told me that she didn''t gain any in the first trimester but it was very easy to put it on later. I seem to remember that your boys were good size too, maybe like 5 lbs?

Hmmm...I don''t really remember...I am sure it''s in my past posts somewhere but it would take a lot of hunting to find! I know I had gained 20 by about 20 weeks but it was slower at the beginning and sped up in the 16-20 wk range. My boys did go full term and were good sized-but really nothing you eat can predict that!

Like I said-just eat healthy with room for some yummy treats too and eat whenever you are hungry. Drink tons of water and make sure you know the signs of PTL-because it can be stopped if caught early but not if caught too late. Those are my only "secrets"!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you all for your kind words and support. It does help to know there are people to talk to. I just wish there was a more private way around it.

Splitting the threads...I was actually going to bring this up again. I personally do not like the idea of going by dates but maybe like "Moms of 12 months and under" "Moms of toddlers (12m-36m or whatever ages you guys like) "moms of preschoolers" etc...that way we can organize it but of course everyone is welcomed to participate. Just an idea.

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
I also agree with splitting the thread - it''s awfully hard to keep up with everyone!

Tacori - I hope that everything''s going ok.

TGal - Aw, how cute! And it figures that she''s sitting in her BOB.
9.gif

Date: 5/11/2009 2:55:12 PM
Author: lili

Blen
You didn''t cook it and try it?
41.gif

Is that some sort of tradition -- burying the placenta.
And how awesome of your mom to clear out your yard for you.
We''d been trying to figure out what to do with it and decided that made the most sense. I''ve heard of some people making placenta/fruit smoothies, or of drying it, grinding it and putting it in caplets and then eating with it, and consuming it is supposed to help with PPD and help you bounce back from birth more quickly, but - yuck! It''s very nutrient dense and can help to nourish plants, so some people plant them at the base of a tree or will plant a memorial tree/plant over it. That seemed a little bit more up my alley. And now a part of George will always be in the place where he was born, and it will nourish another life, and it''s out of our freezer so there''s more room there for ice cream.
3.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/11/2009 4:31:43 PM
Author: lili
TGal
EEEE...so cute! and she looked so happy in her BOB.
Wow, her hair is getting pretty long and it''s so nice and neat too.
Did you give her a trim or is that how it grew?
That''ll appease me for now...but I still want to see those bday pictures w/ the birthday hat!
(and I''m sure Grandma Linda''s neck is stretched a mile waiting for them too
41.gif
)
I''ll try and get to it this week.

For the most part, it''s how her hair grew. I have trimmed it 3 times...very minor trims to even it out. Her hair is pretty thin still...not awesome like J''s!

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Tgal,

Amelia (still think of her as T-tot a lot of the time) is just way too cute! Those cheeks. Those little lips. Ahh!! Adorable!!!
9.gif

peonygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much neatfreak!!! You''re a great resource!
9.gif

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
TGal, Amelia is quite a stunner!! I can''t believe she''s so grown up! Absolutely gorgeous.

Tacori, I agree with splitting the threads by age group. Seems to make sense. Thinking of you...

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Blen--i just read your placenta plans to DH--he said, wide eyed quote " i am not eating your placenta honey" --
3.gif
Like i was going to ask him or something lol
My mom''s middies planted her (she had homebirths too).

Tgal--
36.gif
new amelia pic! She is beautiful and i just want to hug her. Great idea to ''prompt'' the response for all the "how tall is she" questions.hehe, love it.
I agree with thread splitting. it''s the reason i stopped posting regularily. I still read quite a bit, but i felt guilty not responding to everyone so i just kinda stopped

I also think we should do a stages threads (newborns, toddlers, preschoolers, etc.?) --so it''s a bit more inclusive to those new to PS in general--just M2C

Peony--i am not a twins mom but do remember reading tons while pregnant and weight gain is so variable- even with twins. personally, I gained tons in the first tri, but went months near the end not gaining anything and i was worried too b/c that''s kinda the opposite of what should happen, but your body knows what to do. if you tummy keeps getting bigger i am sure everything is fine.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
TGal, she is adorable! I agree they understand WAY more than they can say. Tessa surprises me everyday.

Curly, thank you.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
tgal-i love that picture of Amelia. She really is such a pretty little thing!

I like the idea of splitting into stages. I''ll start one for the toddlers, how about 12-36 months?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
MrsS, I think that is good since most "preschoolers" are 3. To me babies are up to 12 months and toddlers are up to 3 years old.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
So sad to "lose" all of you. But I agree it''s time...I''ll start a baby one...

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
I gotta brag - JAMES CRAWLED!!! Real crawling - - none of this backwards or scooting business - - actual crawling! DH and I are so happy and proud of him
16.gif
He spotted a tiny piece of paper on the floor, got up on his hands and knees and went for it. I kept moving it farther and farther away and he kept going towards it. He''s a bit wobbly, but he''s actually crawling!
30.gif
36.gif

I like the idea of splitting the thread by age groups. We can "move up" as needed and lurk as needed as well.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Diva, that is awesome!!!!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
I think that breaking up is a good idea. Sad. But a good idea.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
So sad to be spliting up.

Diva, yay for James crawling and for TTC soon!

TGal, it''s been awhile since we''ve seen Amelia. What a cutie! She looks so comfy.

Tacori, hope you are okay. Thinking of you.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/11/2009 9:54:19 PM
Author: neatfreak
So sad to ''lose'' all of you. But I agree it''s time...I''ll start a baby one...

but just think, you''ll be back with us in just a few months
2.gif
I''''m sure most of us will still lurk in the new threads too and add input when we can, at least I know I will.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/11/2009 10:18:43 PM
Author: mrssalvo
Date: 5/11/2009 9:54:19 PM

Author: neatfreak

So sad to ''lose'' all of you. But I agree it''s time...I''ll start a baby one...

but just think, you''ll be back with us in just a few months
2.gif
I''''m sure most of us will still lurk in the new threads too and add input when we can, at least I know I will.

No way will my babies be toddlers in just a few months!
39.gif

I do hope we all still lurk though! You guys with older kids are always so great for advice!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ack, then what happens to this thread? I need to copy some history before it sinks down...eeee.....

Thanks gals for the compliments. Off to make dinner....

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Yeh I agree about the advice
7.gif
...I hope we can still rely on older kids mommies for some good advice!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
How did I miss the Amelia pic? Such a cutie. Can''t wait for b-day pics in the toddler thread!
2.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aw T-Gal. Amelia is such a cutie pie
30.gif
. She looks so comfy cozy in her BOB, with her blankie over her. Love her hair too. What a doll.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results