shape
carat
color
clarity

Prospector finds 4.1kg gold nugget in Australian bushland

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Prospector finds 4.1kg gold nugget in Australian bushland that is set to sell for $250,000

The hobby prospector said he first thought he had found a horseshoe
On the first night he wrapped the nugget in aluminum and hid it in his oven
The nugget, dubbed 'Friday's Joy', is in a vault and will sell at an auction

https://www.yahoo.com/news/prospector-finds-huge-gold-nugget-031848166.html

image_4448.jpg

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Re: Prospector finds 4.1kg gold nugget in Australian bushlan

Wow! What a find =) Thanks for sharing.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

WOW!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Woah! I thought that said 4.1 g!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Very cool, there are old goldfields down in Victoria....

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock

momhappy|1472140432|4069970 said:
Wow! What a find =) Thanks for sharing.
I was shocked by the size of it! :shock:

kenny said:
Do you think he will buy an Octavia with his $250,000? :naughty:

part gypsy said:
Woah! I thought that said 4.1 g!

:appl:
arkieb1 said:

Wow! Didn't know that. I wish I cou,d find a nice gold nugget like that, lol. :dance:

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade

arkieb1|1472164920|4070094 said:

Hmmm......I better get out there with a metal detector and shovel since it was found close to me :naughty:

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium

jordyonbass|1472203009|4070202 said:

Hmmm......I better get out there with a metal detector and shovel since it was found close to me :naughty:

Jordy, I assumed it was found by you. ;))

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade

december-fire|1472269365|4070456 said:
jordyonbass|1472203009|4070202 said:

Jordy, I assumed it was found by you. ;))

If it were me then PS would have probably known while it was still half stuck in the ground :lol:

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade

So something interesting happened at work today that is related to this thread; one of my work colleagues needed a lift home and as we were driving we were talking about where he lives and how it is near some of the old goldfields in Victoria. I brought up the find in this thread to him and found out that he knows a lot about this nugget, it was found VERY close to his property (within 10 miles). But like most country blokes he is staying pretty tight-lipped about it othee than that :doh:

Furthermore when we got to his property he showed me at least 5 mullock heaps and tailings piles from the 1850s that are on his property. I think I may try and sift through that one day :naughty:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

jordyonbass|1472637460|4071813 said:
So something interesting happened at work today that is related to this thread; one of my work colleagues needed a lift home and as we were driving we were talking about where he lives and how it is near some of the old goldfields in Victoria. I brought up the find in this thread to him and found out that he knows a lot about this nugget, it was found VERY close to his property (within 10 miles). But like most country blokes he is staying pretty tight-lipped about it othee than that :doh:

Furthermore when we got to his property he showed me at least 5 mullock heaps and tailings piles from the 1850s that are on his property. I think I may try and sift through that one day :naughty:

Does the guy own a gold detector? If not then you need to offer to go "hunting" with him.... :naughty:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Rockinruby|1472173548|4070125 said:
kenny said:
Do you think he will buy an Octavia with his $250,000? :naughty:

Yes
I'd order a 5 ct VVS Octavia in Fancy Intense Blue.
Vivid is too dark.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Darn it, I knew I should have done some fossicking last year when I lived near the goldfields in VIC.... :doh:

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'd halo it.

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade

arkieb1|1472654361|4071866 said:

Does the guy own a gold detector? If not then you need to offer to go "hunting" with him.... :naughty:

I was thinking more along the lines of using his dam that's less than10 yards from the closest mullock heap to pan them. Although that may take many weeks, barbecues, beers and terrible stories with the blokes I'll need helping me :lol:

I should try get him to send me some pics of the heaps, they are related to this thread since they're only a few minutes drive from where the big nugget was found

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

jordyonbass|1472704895|4072137 said:
arkieb1|1472654361|4071866 said:

I was thinking more along the lines of using his dam that's less than10 yards from the closest mullock heap to pan them. Although that may take many weeks, barbecues, beers and terrible stories with the blokes I'll need helping me :lol:

I should try get him to send me some pics of the heaps, they are related to this thread since they're only a few minutes drive from where the big nugget was found

I'd offer to help but it sounds like it might involve spiders, scorpions, and snakes. So best of luck to YOU! :lol: :rodent:

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results