shape
carat
color
clarity

Prospective choice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nicknomo

Shiny_Rock
Just wanted opinions on this guy...

http://www.bluenile.com/diamonds_details.asp?pid=LD00237191&query=2&filter_id=0

I''m trying to get a very nice cut, in a 1.5 ct G color or better for under 9k$. I saw this one at blue nile, and I''m thinking about getting it.

The only bad part is there is an inclusion right smack in the middle. You think it would be selling at that price if it wasn''t a big black eye visible inclusion?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The price is obviously no guarantee - you have the SI2 grade that itself doen not guarantee the stone to be eye clean, and this is what the price is based on. I can't see anywhere on BN's site any claim thta their Ideal cut SI2s are also eye clean... And those sample pictures do nt help either.

However, the one inclusion located under the table ont he plot is not the main one or particularly large. It could be dark and visible, but it could also be an invisible colorless crystal burried deep inside the diamond. there is just one way to know, I guess: by looking
11.gif
This piece seems to have good potential to look clean, so it's worth trying, at least.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If local alternatives are of interest, the "expert selection" at WF hides a couple of pieces (and the BN stone is not labeled as H&A to start with) that you may find interesting.

The BN piece does have an interesting price though
1.gif
actually, there are two such pieces (1.5, G-Si2, AGS1) at BN. Both get about the same HCA score and have just about as attractive inclusion plots. Would BN provide any picture of the stones to see what those inclusions might look like in person ?
rolleyes.gif

nicknomo

Shiny_Rock
I called them up to ask for more information about it... Hopefully they will respond...

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Bluenile has a good return policy, so if you were to order the stone and be unhappy with it in person, you could return it. The mistake would just cost you the effort and the shipping expense, I believe.

Diamondsbybree

Brilliant_Rock
Here is a magnified picture of a 1.50Ct Si2. Maybe this will help you in deciding.

1[1].50 CT-2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results