shape
carat
color
clarity

Prosopal idea!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

csqg

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I have been thinking about ask my GF of 6 years to marry me.

We will be going to New Zealand in February and do some hiking, bungee jumping and skydiving. She won't do the last 2 but I will attempt them. So here are four idea:

1. We take a whale watching tour because she loves animals. So while we are looking at whales and sea life, I ask her on the deck of the boat while having one of the crew film it.

2. We take a early morning hike to see the sun rise with lake Wakatipu in the background or i find a nice secluded area to ask her.

3. She waits for me at the bottom of the bungee jumping bridge. After I jump and the peolpe get me back safely to the ground, we hug. I would get down on 1 knee and ask her to there.

4. The last one. I would have signs prepared for the sky diving jump. During the jump, I would pull out the signs one after another, spelling out - xxxx would you marry me. This would be filmed by the people from the skydiving company. After the jump, they would let us watch video. She would see the message, I would ask her again.

yes, I know the details have to be worked out but I still have time.

Any advice and suggestion would be good.

thanks,
csqg

wiesemc

Rough_Rock
Dear CSQG,

We''ll be in the most scenic country on earth in January! Not to rain on your parade, but I think the skydiving and bungee proposals have been done to ad nauseum. You can do that close to Vegas or in Colorado, too. Why not wait for the perfect landscape, and NZ has a gazillion places for the two of you to have a romantic setting. Why not somewhere between Te Anau and Milford Sound? Or near the Emerald lakes of Tongarario Nat''l Park? Or in one of the thermal mud baths at Hells Gate? To me, #2 is the best bet. I don''t believe that whales will be migrating in February anyway. I would actually play it by ear and wait for that moment. You''ll find it in NZ! Good luck.

Sincerely,
Matthew

Skydiver

Rough_Rock
The skydiving one has been a bit overdone, I''ll have to agree. Also, as a skydiver and an instructor, no tandem instructor is going to let you bring signs with you in freefall on your first jump or while you''re still considered a student skydiver. If an instructor did say that they would, I''d be concerned with their consideration for your safety.

Ideas # 1 & 2 sound romantic and they''re something that both of you can enjoy together and have her be a participant in as well.
face1.gif

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
I think number two sounds absolutely perfect, in a just as you find the place that it feels right to you, sit down, or rest or just as you''re staring at an amazing landscape. I guess that''s just me too, I feel that if my bf was off sky diving or bungee jumping and I was just sitting around I''d rather he do it while we were doing something together.

On the whale watching boat could be nice too.

Have an awesome time in New Zealand though, I bet that''ll be an incredible trip and now, even more so with the engagment!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results