shape
carat
color
clarity

Propsal Plan - any input would be great!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

giantfan216

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone, I just wanted to post my current proposal plan which is taking place this Saturday.

Little background, I purchased my engagement ring from Shenoa & Company (1.52ct Asscher cut, SI1, F color - solitare platinum setting) and am planning on giving it to my financee on Saturday. She is currently finishing up her Phd at Columbia and while she knows we are planning on getting engaged she thinks it will be closer to her graduation in May.

She is very close to her family, especially her twin sister who lives in Richmond Va, so I have reserved the top floor of a restaurant in NYC and have invited her family as well as mine for dinner. She is under the impression that we are having dinner with one of her work friends and her husband so she will be shocked to see everyone there.

I am going to propose to her in her apartment after she is done getting ready to go out for dinner. While we are gone for dinner I have hired this company I read about in the newspaper, Petals & Wine, which specializes in decorating rooms for special occaisions and things of that nature, to decorate her apartment with rose petals, candles, wine etc for when we return from dinner.

Its taken a lot of coordination to get everyone in one place at the same time and I am just hoping all goes according to plan. She definitely has no clue because she keeps reminding me not to forget about dinner with her friend on Saturday!

So how does this sound? Too much surprises in one night? Sound good? I am just looking for input here and I would greatly appreciate it. I will keep you posted and will post pics of the ring which came out great!

Thanks,

Vinny

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds perfect!

Which restaurant are you going to?

giantfan216

Rough_Rock
Thanks - the restaurant''s name is Trattoria Tre Colori, I''ve been there before for private parties and its been great. They give you an entire room upstairs which has its own restrooms, private bar etc and their prices are very reasonable especially if you went with a buffet style. Definitely recommended for a big party in Manhattan.

jldunn

Rough_Rock
Sounds like you''ve got all your ducks in a row. Her friends will all be madly envious of her.

It''s proposals like this that make my girlfriend hard to please =p thanks a lot.

esguy27

Shiny_Rock
Sounds like a great plan, good job! I''ll be proposing to my gf tomorrow, so good luck on Saturday. It sounds like you''ve got everything taken care of.

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Oh that sounds perfect!!
9.gif

My only suggestion would be to make sure you leave a bit of time in between proposing and leaving for dinner, because I doubt she''ll be in quite as much of a rush to see "her friend" the minute she gets engaged! So allow at least ~20 minutes or more for you two to gush to each other post-proposal before leaving to show off her new ring! Everything sounds wonderful though, and I love the post-dinner surprise of the apartment being all fixed up!
30.gif

LizzieC

Brilliant_Rock
Perfect! So romantic and well thought out... she''ll love it!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
So, giantfan, how did it go?

esguy? Any news?

Any hand pics??
9.gif

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
It sounds like a memorable proposal, I hope it went well. Do let us know.

giantfan216

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone, just thought I''d give an update. She said YES! I am now officially engaged. Everything went well despite me running a little late due to ricidulous traffic getting into the Lincoln Tunnel on Saturday night. Isabel (my fiancee) was getting ready while I was sitting on her couch, practically shaking because I was watching the clock trying to time everything right. I proposed to her in her apartment and she was absolutely shocked to say the least. The ring looks absolutely beautiful on her finger (thanks to the fine folks at Shenoa & Co.) and she could not stop looking at it, which give me time to allow the fam to get to the restaurant for the dinner.

When I brought her to the restaurant she was so shocked to see everyone there, especially her twin sister who made the trip (while 3 months pregnant) from Richmond to be there. She was so happy and we had a great time. Again I would absolutely recommend Trattoria Tre Colori for anyone who wants to have a big part in Manhattan, their service and food was amazing.

Then when everyone left and she thought the night was over, I brought her back to her apartment was was decorated beautifully from Petals & Wine. They covered the whole apartment in rose petals, candles and left us a bottle of wine. When she saw that she started crying, she really loved it. I DEFINITELY recommend this service to any guy out there. They handle everything and are really a pleasure to deal with.

All in all the night was fantastic, I couldn''t have hoped for anything better. I will post hand pics asap.

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
Congrats. Now, on to the pics.
3.gif

csqg

Rough_Rock
Nice proposal. Everything sounds great!!
36.gif

I am still working on my ideas.

I love this forum.

Honeyfly

Rough_Rock
Awwww that''s a beautiful proposal!!! Lucky gal! Congratulations!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results