shape
carat
color
clarity

Proposoal - Napa/San Fran - Suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Puma

Rough_Rock
Hello all, I reallly need your help!

I have accepted a new job, thus my girlfriend and I are leaving and moving to Northern California. Unfortunately this has happened so quickly I am not going to be able to propose before we leave, thus I am seeking all ideas in Napa (preferable) or San Francisco (could incorporate both somehow). I have never been to either (other than quick work trips), and would really like to hear your ideas. We will be living in Sacramento, thus I am also thinking of ideas on how to lure her from Sac to Napa/San Fran.

Any insight you can provide will be great, including where, people to contact, how to do it, etc....I am open to all great ideas. Please let me know your thoughts, greatly appreciate it.

RedG44

Rough_Rock
I don''t know much about Napa other than the obvious -- there are a lot of wineries there. You could go out to a winery tour and propose over a glass of wine maybe.

And as for San Francisco, it''s a big city. Chances are you can find whatever you''re looking for there, but there''s too much to list without some idea of what you''re planning.

ucdcows

Rough_Rock
I''m from the area and there are many wineries around here. There are some that even give cave tours where they store the barrels of wine (I''ve been to Beringer and Rutherford Hill). Rutherford Hill has a place in the cave where people can host dinners and banquets in their cave "dining room"; maybe they''ll do a lunch/dinner for two? You can call them for more information about it and maybe they''ll work with you on an idea. Of course there are also many other different wineries such as sterling vineyards which is on a little hill where you can take the gondola up to the vineyard for some nice views. There are also many other vineyards/wineries in the Napa/Calistoga/St. Helena area.

And then of course in San Francisco you have the golden gate bride, coit tower, legion of honor, golden gate park, places where you can get views of the entire city from the marin side of the golden gate bridge, alcatraz (if you want to go that route!) etc. There are also many nice hotels if you want a more private proposal.

Hope this helps

ucdcows

Rough_Rock
Oh yes. And don''t forget Lake Tahoe since you''re near there too. You can take the heavenly gondola up to the viewing deck where you can get some great views! Or take a snowmobile tour and propose when you get all the way up to the top of the mountain where you''ll have great views too!

Puma

Rough_Rock
The more I think about it, I would like to do it in Napa but not sure if there is anything more original than simply doing it in a private setting (previouslly set up of course) at a vineyard with a good view or quaint atmosphere.

If you have any original napa ideas, or know of good places to do so...please let me know. Being from Georgia we have never been to Napa and I really want to make this special. I am open to everything , please help.

ucdcows

Rough_Rock
Are you planning on doing it soon? Because it''s the down season for the grapes so the scenery itself might not be as lush and beautiful as it was just a few months ago at the vineyards. Just a thought...

Puma

Rough_Rock
Yeah, I was definitely considering that aspect so I certainly appreciate any insight. I am looking to do it no later than February, but could possibly do March.

ucdcows

Rough_Rock
Might be difficult to plan an outdoor proposal as it does rain quite a bit at that time (unless its a repeat of last year...it barely rained) unless you guys like the rainy weather. there is also a place near Napa where I think you can do wine tasting and food tasting but I cannot remember the name of it . There are also many little bed and breakfasts near there if you want to stay there. There is also a wine train where they will bring you around to wineries for wine tasting.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results