shape
carat
color
clarity

Proposing with just the diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Yvette

Rough_Rock
Hi LIW!

I''m new here, and I''m on the list (yay!!!), but I have a question...

BF has told me that he wants a family friend to design my ring, and he''s enlisted my help. I''m a designer, so that''s perfect and I am SO EXCITED.

However, he hasn''t "officially" proposed yet -- this puts me in a weird psychological/emotional limbo where I don''t want to plan too much but know we''re basically engaged (minus ring/traditional proposal). Also, he wants to get married next year... which is sooner than he thinks... classic case of boy soon/girl soon! Basically, I really want to help out with the design, but I want to escape this emotional discomfort and have the traditional "official" proposal.

Soooo here''s my question: Do you think it would be ok to ask him to propose with just the center diamond and THEN design the ring? Or should I work on the ring design and wait for the "official" proposal when it''s done?

I know people have gone both ways... how do you suggest bringing this up to him?

dani2142

Shiny_Rock
You already know it coming... I personally think you should help with the design and tell him you want to be surprised about the proposal and all that stuff.

Even if he proposed with the stone only, you still know it''s coming because he already asked you to help him design it.

Do what you think will make you the happiest!!!

Congrats!!! :)

Lozza

Shiny_Rock
I picked a short-list of rings myself, then SO and I went shopping together and picked one out. I know he has ordered it, just don''t know when it''s coming.

But I''m still super excited, and I don''t think knowing what ring I''m getting will take away from it al all.

Do whatever suits you, but I''m sure the proposal will be special either way.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
In the UK it''s normal for the man to propose without the ring and then the couple go shopping for the ring together.

My DH did this and then I got to design the ring (I''m also a designer) - he knew I''d have been really disappointed if he''d done it himself. I had no idea the proposal was coming so I got the big suprise as well (and another proposal when the ring arrived!)

So my advice is to go ahead and have him propose with just the diamond!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results