shape
carat
color
clarity

Proposing to a school teacher

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nbalto

Rough_Rock
I will be proposing to my girlfriend, who is a school teacher (elementary). I was thinking about getting her principal to allow me to ask her over the afternoon announcements... her principal would say we have a very special guest on the announcements today... then i would talk, telling about the very special person in the building... who has a great smile... who is the most loving and caring person in the world... who makes me happier than anything else... [name goes here] will you marry me...

What do you all think?

Arlington

Shiny_Rock
Not sure...do you think she would feel comfortable having her students hear those things about her? Many teachers like to keep their personal lives out of the classroom (from what I remember).

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I had a dear 5th grade teacher. Everyone loved her. She was fun, smart & pretty for an old lady (probably 21). Her boyfriend used to pick her up in his sportscar. He proposed in the classroom. We all attended the wedding. It was quite memorable that I often think of them.

But, heed Arlingtons concern. This was back in the early 70's. It depends on the school & if she wants to separate her business.

nbalto

Rough_Rock
She won't mind me asking in front of her kids... We've already talked about wedding plans, and she is going to invite them all to the service, so we're definitely okay there...

honeynut

Shiny_Rock
Terrific idea. I don't know a single schoolteacher (elementary) who doesn't think of the kids as 'hers', so it would be perfectly natural to have them be part of/witness to the proposal.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
As long as you're sure she'll say yes...

juicy4diamonds

Rough_Rock
Yikes!! I too am an elementary school teacher and to be honest with you, I cannot imagine having someone propose over the PA system! Maintaining that level of professionalisim in the school is difficult enough. I certainly can appreciate your creative approach, but I believe the excitement will come the next day when your soon-to-be-fiancee can tell her kids in person (in her own way). Ask her face to face....away from school. Then she won't have to worry about how carried away her emotions may become. Best of luck to you!
1.gif

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
i am a preschool teacher and a rather private person. i could maybe handle a proposal in my own classroom but would freak out at such a public proposal over the pa system in school. it may not be considered professional and may pose some problems for her.

maybe u could do what ben stiller organized in 'meet the parents'. how he got the kids to help with the proposal.

just my 2cents. good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results