shape
carat
color
clarity

Proposing in Vienna in January, how?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Christianato

Rough_Rock
After getting the beautiful ring from Infinity Diamonds, I am planning to suprise my girl with a trip to Vienna (I live in Stuttgart, Germany) and am going to go first to a musical in the early afternoon. For the evening I reserved a nice restaurant in front of St.Stephan Cathedral in Vienna.

I still don´t know how to propose in the restaurant, if I should give the ring to a waiter to bring it as a "special order", or to ask her, or to put it somewhere...... also I have no Idea if at the beginning, before eating, or at the end.... some Idea, some experience???

thanks,

Christian

Arlington

Shiny_Rock
I recommend doing it at the end of the meal...otherwise, she (and you) won't want to eat!

I was in Vienna earlier in the year for a few weeks, it was absolutely incredible. I loved the city. I would have to say, though, that the wait staff in the restaurants didn't seem overly helpful. Personally, I wouldn't have entrusted them to keep the ring but you would probably have much better luck. My german is not very good.

suchairman

Rough_Rock
Hi Christianato!

Sounds like you have a pretty good plan so far. I just proposed to my fiance on during the Thanksgiving holidays. I proposed in a nice restaurant and she and I where both very pleased as to the way it turned out. I decided to incorporate the waiter and manager in on the deal. Read my post under Proposal ideas from "12/8/03" It is titled "My PROPOSAL UPDATE". Maybe you can get some ideas! Good luck! Keep us posted.

goldenringlets

Shiny_Rock
Hi Christian:

You could consider a drink (and Sacher torte!) in the Sacher hotel in front of the opera house after your dinner. This hotel is truly elegant, frequented by famous opera singers and conductors over the years, and might fit in with your plan of going to a musical earlier in the day.

Goldenringlets

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results