shape
carat
color
clarity

Proposing in San Francisco

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

clock4869

Rough_Rock
Anyone know of any good out of the way places to propose in San Francisco? I dont want to go to a tourist trap with 150 other people watching me, but i''d like to have a nice view of the Golden Gate and various other sites? I thought that would be nice. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

nowonder

Rough_Rock
There is a scenic overlook of the bridge, easily accessible from the side opposite san fran... Sounds like just what you are looking for.

Another option is the yard at alcatraz... big open space, not many tourists there usually... lol.

Best of luck.

nw

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
My husband proposed at the Coit Tower. It was wonderful. He waited until there was nobody else around. In fact when we visited again for our 5 year anniversary I asked him to "repropose" with my upgraded setting and he did, again without anyone around.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you want to do it outside, or over dinner?

The Carnelian Room is a gorgeous dinner spot with a panoramic view of the city. But make sure to find out approx what time the fog rolls in so you''re not looking at white clouds!!

http://carnelianroom.com/page/o9ly/Home_Page.html

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
There are some lovely park benches that give great views.

Some are in Chrissy field, right on the bay. There are also some lovely benches in Alta Plaza Park that overlook the Bay and the bridge.

The scenic overlook that nowonder mentions is beautiful, but it''s really heavily visited and may not be as private as you''d like.

You potentially could propose "on" the bridge......it has these little bump-outs where you''d be able to stand aside with your fiance. Not as private, but maybe a bit moreso than the overlook. You can see the whole city from there, and you''d be able to snag a passer-by to take your picture with the city view behind you right after proposal. Just be careful - don''t drop the ring! lol

If you want a restaurant setting and you don''t mind vegetarian food, Greens Restaurant is right on the waterfront close to the GG bridge. I haven''t been, but I hear it''s lovely and may offer what you hope for.

Good luck.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMO, one of the most beautiful and unique spots in the city for a proposal is at the top of Lyon Street Steps (at Broadway St) in the Pacific Heights neighborhood. Gorgeous views of the bay and Palace of Fine Arts, a lot of privacy (save for a few stair-walking exercisers), and of course -- stately mansions all around. It''s pretty much a local secret so you won''t find tourists there. Check out: http://www.yelp.com/biz/67EC_Nll2JnQahs1NwoVTQ
http://www.mistersf.com/high/index.html?highstairways02.htm

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I was just there and one of the places that I wished my FI would have chosen was in the Marin headlands. The scenic overlook is on both sides of the bridge, but the one on the pacific side is much better, and the higher up you go, the less crowded it is. We went on a Tuesday afternoon and it wasn''t busy... and it was gorgeous! Just cross under the highway and up the mountain. We drove all the way to Ft. Baker then found our way back to Sausalito.... beautiful drive! Of course, I had to wait until we got to Napa for the proposal, but I would have loved it there.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results