shape
carat
color
clarity

Proposing in New York

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamond326

Rough_Rock
hey guys!! Its time for me to propose and I`ve been trying to figure out how to do it...I always wanted to propose on a dark night on the beach...I feel like proposing in the restaurant is so unoriginal. I know proposing on the BEACH isnt that much of an original way But i don`t think it is as bad as expensive restaurants...I have one idea but it seem to be an expensive one... I was thinking I will buy airline tickets to MIAMI and fly late evening on SATURDAY and propose to her when we get to the beach...Problem is that airline tickets alone will cost me 600$ for both of us and then 1 night in hotel about 200.. I`ll spend 800$ on one night miami trip and I feel like its too much for me to spend right now.. We are planning on going to miami next month for vacation so i know i`ll have to spend money for that,.. PLUS we are trying to move in to an apartment and we need as much money as we have saved up..So i don`t thing spending 800$ on a proposal is a good idea.. NOW i was thinking MAYBE I can propose on a beach in NEW YORK.. Im not sure if that will be enough tho..Will that leave her with a good memory? I was thinking maybe there is some nice spot on one of the new yorks beaches that would do it for me...I was also thinking maybe there is some nice spot in NEW YORK next to a romantic looking LIGHTHOUSE right next to the water??
Can somebody give me a good advice?
Is proposing on the beach a good idea at all?

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
Hey - there are plenty of places in NY to propose. If you''re looking for a water view, why don''t you and your girl take the ferry over to see the Statue of Liberty or to the Ellis Island Museum? Both places have beautiful parks on the water, overlooking manhattan - and it shouldn''t be hard to find a private corner, the parks are both very big! You could even propose right under Ms. Liberty!! Andthe ferry is under $20 per person! If you do that, then you could go to a fancy dinenr afterwards in Manhattan!

Also, if you want to go for a bit of a drive you could always go to a beach in long island (maybe the hamptons for a night?) or up to Ct, like in Greenwich or even up to Milford.

Good luck, I''m sure whatever you choose will be beautiful.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
That could be fun, treysar. Good idea about the Long Island lighthouse! There''s one on Montauk that is very pretty. Or you could go to the beach on Fire Island. You could propose on the beach at night (it''s usually not crowded) or maybe climb up to the lifeguard''s station. (perhaps you could even hide a bottle of champagne, up there!)

I think whatever you do will leave her w/ a good memory. The most important part is that you''re asking her to spend the rest of her life w/ you. How could that not be special?
21.gif

When are you planning to pop the question?

diamond326

Rough_Rock
tomorrow
9.gif

I`m so undecided !!! I don`t know where to do it...I really wanted to create this RUNAWAY type of thing you know.. CALL HER and ASK HER to pack her clothes cause we are going somewhere for the night.. PICK HER UP GO TO THE AIRPORT fly to some exotic BEACH and ASK HER to marry me..
6.gif
).. I don`t know where CAN I DO THAT I was thinking about MIAMI but its comming out pretty expensive...
6.gif
(

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
I love Bethesda Fountain and the boat pond in Central Park.... Or as the sun is setting from Riverside Park?

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
What about the Brooklyn promenade? Right on the water, overlooking downtown Manhattan and right next to a lighthouse, which is actually an ice cream shop. It''s one of my favorite places in the city, definitely very romantic. It''s also right next to the River Cafe, if you want a really nice dinner to celebrate your engagement (of course it''s also a very popular place for proposals as well).

chudilo

Rough_Rock
HEh I ''ve got a great idea for you.. Nowater.. but it''s got a similar feeling to it. ther eis a shampaign bar on the rooftop of the Metropoliten museum of art. It''s got a bushes growing all aroud the perimeter and some wird modern art sculptures. Not to many people knwo about it. And it will create that escape to an exotic place type of an experience.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results