shape
carat
color
clarity

Proposing during a concert

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Hondaboy

Rough_Rock
This is my first time post, so be nice.

I have read this forum inside and out for the past several months, gaining ideas on rings, proposals, etc. I have found myself purchasing a 1.02 G VVS2 Hearts and Arrows diamond on a Tiffany setting from Good Old Gold. I just received the ring yesterday and it is beautiful (my first diamond purchase and I'll post pics later).

As for my proposal, here is what I am thinking. I would bring my girlfriend roses as I pick her up from her house. I would then take my girlfriend out to a romantic dinner to further set the romantic mood. I would then propose during the Jim Brickman concert. For those of you who do not know Jim Brickman, he is a piano player and you might recognize the popular love songs "Valentine" (with Martina McBride) and "The Gift" (with Susan Ashton). The tour manager has given an ok to my request and I was wondering if you guys think it is a good idea or not. Here is how it would turn out: Jim Brickman would play the piano with Anne Cochran singing a song. After that song, Anne would hand me the mic and let me have my moment to propose. We would then finish the night listening to his romantic piano playing...

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
You''ve got a very nice, sweet proposal planned out! I see nothing wrong with it as long as you feel that she would enjoy a public, on-stage proposal. I personally would be terrified and nervous as heck to be onstage during a concert, but your girl may LOVE it! You know her best, so if you think she''ll love this, go for it!! Good luck, and congratulations!!!

jennyann2

Shiny_Rock
i second what JCJD said: if she is a public proposal type of girl that sounds wonderful, but if she isn''t DON''T drag her on stage. i would be a mess!

bopitaddict

Shiny_Rock
sounds like you put some time and definitely effort in making your proposal a memorable one... i''ve heard that jim brickman is pretty awesome live...

and i''m sure she''ll appreciate and remember the occasion.

update us on how it goes.
1.gif
best of luck!!

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/1/2005 4
6.gif
7:17 PM
Author: jennyann2
i second what JCJD said: if she is a public proposal type of girl that sounds wonderful, but if she isn''t DON''T drag her on stage. i would be a mess!

Exactly. My g/f, while she woulda said yes, woulda killed me afterwards if I dragged her onstage at a concert cuz she''s the private kinda girl. Think carefully as to what kind of girl she is.

NoonersMom

Shiny_Rock
If she''s not the public type, maybe you can figure out a signal to relay to Jim Brickman''s team. You can propose in your seat during a song & then send up said signal once she says yes. After signal is sent then Jim Brickman & Co could announce it at the concert & dedicate a song to you & your sweetie. This way it''s still somewhat private, memorable (a song for your wedding?) & she knows that you put advanced thought into contacting the musician. Again, only you know best what she will ultimately like. :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results