shape
carat
color
clarity

Proposed, had strangers take the photos for me

RichardS_VA

Rough_Rock
I recently proposed in a museum near closing time at our favorite exhibit.

Waited until I saw two strangers walking nearby, otherwise no one else was around. I asked my gf to take a picture and walked over to a spot where it would be a good place to take a picture from, adjusted my phone's camera settings, took a photo... then asked the two walking by if they would take our photo, asking to "just take a bunch of photos".

Walked over to her, and got down on one knee and proposed. The two ladies who we did not previously know were so excited and took a few great candid surprise photos! Having strangers take the photos was certainly a slight risk, but a great one since my now fiancee was so completely surprised!

She was so completely surprised that she didn't even wait for me to ask! She looked over from the exhibit, saw me say her name and get down on one knee, her eyes got cartoonishly huge and a surprised expression overwhelmed her. She looked over at the ladies squealing while taking photos with my camera and instantly understood what was happening. Turning to me she cried out, "Oh my God, YEAH!" This all happened so suddenly, I never got to ask if she would marry me first. Well, certainly had my answer and now her favorite photo, too.

Added benefit was that she wanted it to be a more private moment, without family or friends, and certainly not in public with lots of people around. Being that it was two strangers that we'd likely never see again enhanced that feeling for her and kept it a more private moment for us while still allowing us to capture that moment.

amoline

Shiny_Rock
Awesome stuff! Congratulations to you!

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
I recently proposed in a museum near closing time at our favorite exhibit.

Waited until I saw two strangers walking nearby, otherwise no one else was around. I asked my gf to take a picture and walked over to a spot where it would be a good place to take a picture from, adjusted my phone's camera settings, took a photo... then asked the two walking by if they would take our photo, asking to "just take a bunch of photos".

Walked over to her, and got down on one knee and proposed. The two ladies who we did not previously know were so excited and took a few great candid surprise photos! Having strangers take the photos was certainly a slight risk, but a great one since my now fiancee was so completely surprised!

She was so completely surprised that she didn't even wait for me to ask! She looked over from the exhibit, saw me say her name and get down on one knee, her eyes got cartoonishly huge and a surprised expression overwhelmed her. She looked over at the ladies squealing while taking photos with my camera and instantly understood what was happening. Turning to me she cried out, "Oh my God, YEAH!" This all happened so suddenly, I never got to ask if she would marry me first. Well, certainly had my answer and now her favorite photo, too.

Added benefit was that she wanted it to be a more private moment, without family or friends, and certainly not in public with lots of people around. Being that it was two strangers that we'd likely never see again enhanced that feeling for her and kept it a more private moment for us while still allowing us to capture that moment.

Congratulations, great story! Who said museums weren’t thrilling places? Now, where is the ring? You can’t get away without posting it!

RichardS_VA

Rough_Rock
Have a short vid of the ring from the local jeweler just before engraving, "put me back on". :lol-2:

Looks like I need to host the video somewhere since I can't attach it here.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
haha Awesome :D

Sounds like it all worked out well, congratulations! :))

If you have a YouTube account (or are willing to set one up as a one-off), that would probably be the easiest method for hosting a video!

jamesallenrings

Rough_Rock
This sounds so amazing and meaningful! And her reaction is PRICELESS!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! What a fun proposal.

RichardS_VA

Rough_Rock
Specs:

1.87 ct. F vs1
7.85 x 7.9 x 4.86

55 Table %
61.7 Depth %
40.6 Pav Angle:
34.5 Crown Angle
55 Star %:
80 Lower Girdle % (GIA rounds every 5%)

AA gem sapphires, pear shaped set in platinum ring with high set basket (to show off F color from sides). The sapphires appear bright blue rather than dark blue of deeper cut alternatives, preferred these from the selections offered.

Had a local jeweler do the work and engrave "put me back on" as a fun inside joke. Since the band is 2mm and 5-1/4 size, it's pretty hard to see and not completely happy with the engraving but expectations had to be quite low for the hand-done font at such a tiny size. He got the ring on one afternoon, diamond came in that same day, and ready for pickup the very next morning. Very pleased.

Click this link to view video of the finished ring just before engraving

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have a short vid of the ring from the local jeweler just before engraving, "put me back on". :lol-2:

Looks like I need to host the video somewhere since I can't attach it here.

Haha hilarious engraving!

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock
Ummm.

WHERE ARE THE PICTURES?????

Please post pictures!!!

:wavey:

Oh and silly me, I almost forgot the most important thing! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

RichardS_VA

Rough_Rock
She doesn't want her photo public, so I have to respect that. Needless to say, I went to Walgreens and had the photo printed on 8x10 and had it framed. My favorite picture!

Congratulations that was a great story and good one to tell your friends and family about

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results